Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

[Music] Where to download music ?

Hi people!

First: This has absolutely nothing to do with something illegal!
    I'm looking for a legal way to obtain music and store it on my computer ...

Yes, i know ... i could buy that in a shop ^^
    But i think of a more convenient way ...

So my question is: Do you know an online music shop that fulfils most of the following attributes?

1.) Must be online, songs should be downloadable.
    2.) can download single songs or whole albums.
    3.) maybe monthly payment ? shouldn't be too expansive though.
    4.) should support alternative, metal, german and austrian music (not only pop charts)
    5.) quality should be excellent (talking about 320kbps)

I don't want to have online playlists or that stuff, i don't need that ... i want to save the songs to my hard drive and use them from there.
    Does what i'm looking for exist ?

Would be nice if it were true

Best wishes!

10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, have you never heard of the iTunes store?

Deleted
    iTunes and Amazon.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    I use itunes, but i hear some ppl just use Youtube with a downloader software.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoonalol View Post
    wat are the 2 gob mounts.. i only know the trike

Amazon, less DRM to deal with than ITunes and they give away free mp3 credits alot.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    I used to use Itunes but Amazon is cheaper

Amazon, less DRM to deal with than ITunes and they give away free mp3 credits alot.
    iTunes stopped having DRM music years ago (3 or 4). It used to be an extra fee but now its the default.

They use 256kb/s AAC format which is roughly comparable to 320k mp3.

Deleted
    i won't use itunes because i don't like apple ...
    and amazon ... well ... they aren't the fastest ... often takes couple of weeks until a new song is available for download ... and they aren't the cheapest either ...
    i hoped that there is something like a music-flatrate where i would pay monthly and might download as much as i wont ... like with file sharing sites ...

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 06:49 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mexa View Post
    I use itunes, but i hear some ppl just use Youtube with a downloader software.
    often bad quality and alot of additional effort ...

also: anybody has experience with bearshare ?
    Last edited by mmoc9a551c3d4f; 2012-06-27 at 05:17 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    i won't use itunes because i don't like apple ...
    and amazon ... well ... they aren't the fastest ... often takes couple of weeks until a new song is available for download ... and they aren't the cheapest either ...
    i hoped that there is something like a music-flatrate where i would pay monthly and might download as much as i wont ... like with file sharing sites ...
    if you already know cheaper than Amazon then you have your answer already. Not sure what you mean when you say it takes Amazon a few weeks to get a new song when they are added the same time everyone else does from what I have seen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vindicatorx View Post
    Not sure what you mean when you say it takes Amazon a few weeks to get a new song when they are added the same time everyone else does from what I have seen.
    I mean that there are songs on the radio i cannot find on amazon ... e.g.: Neodisco - Hoch vom Dachstein an (austrian band)
    there are couple of Neodisco CDs on amazon, but that song isn't ... at least i didn't find it so far ...

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you want it to be convenient, every single song readily released hour of and cheap, there is no legal way I'm afraid. I use spotify primarily and grooveshark for songs that are not available in spotify.

fixt, itunes, newgrounds, and there`s probably lots of websites that offer free music for metal and such somewhere, there`s always a damn website for something lol.

snip
    Bearshare is your average p2p client, but limited to music from what it seems. That being said, the legitimacy of the music is probably nill.
    That being said, it's probably a good idea not to bring up/link to stuff that has "illegal" content on it.

AAC format (itunes) is nice if you don't mind converting it to MP3 so it will work on a wider range of playback products. And DRM meaning the program itself, not the music files.

There is one service that offers unlimited music for like $10/month called Rhapsody and there is another good service called Spotify.
    If you must insist on using a non-sanctioned sitting apparatus, please consider the tensile strength
    of the materials present in the object in question in comparison to your own mass volumetric density.

In other words, stop breaking shit with your fat ass.

Deleted
    omg ... spotify requires you to have a facebook account ?!
    I hope i'm reading that wrong in some way ...

would be another huge reason for me to hate facebook even more

omg ... spotify requires you to have a facebook account ?!
    I hope i'm reading that wrong in some way ...

would be another huge reason for me to hate facebook even more

ne porvivajo nur mortigi tempo

15+ Year Old Account
    I usually use Zippyshare or YoutubeMP3 converter. I must admit, I don't pay for music unless it's very very good, so kill me

10+ Year Old Account
    Spotify fulfills all 5 points.

Premium costs 10€ per month, that allows you to make playlists and save them locally for offline usage, i.e you don't have to be connected all the time. You don't get the songs as separate "mp3 files" though, they can only be played through the spotify client.

If you really want files that you can do whatever you want with, you can choose Spotify free (no monthly fees) and simply buy any songs or albums that you want. That gives you a music file that you can burn to cd or do whatever with. one song costs something between ~0,60-0,99€ depending on how many "download vouchers" you buy at the same time.

High Overlord Ultraviolet Harmonies's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I personally use what.cd for everything. While this may be incredibly difficult to get in to (or not what you're looking for in the slightest), I'd recommend buying music off of Bandcamp. Amazon if the artist is signed to a major label.

Additionally, transcoding a lossy format audio file is generally regarded as a bad idea, so I would not recommend iTunes.

Well like most people are saying, iTunes works pretty well. However, if you prefer getting music (or any form of audio for that matter) from youtube, check and type out DvDVideoSoft on Google and get their Youtube to MP3 software. It works pretty good and it also allows you to download playlists (which could act as albums in your case) and it's compact and easy to use. Oh, and it's FREE!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Farolok View Post
    This, by the way, is not possible.
    If you don't add friends, you'll get them added within ~minutes~ of signing up due to the simply almost unbelievably extensive way facebook tracks every piece of data it's fed.

My collegue made a completely new email adress for facebook, made the account for the purposes of checking out other new collegues and within minutes half his family, his ex-girlfriend, seven people he didn't know but happened to share a last name and all kinds of other crap accounts got added to his because facebook deemed them 'connected' on some level.
    Even if you make a completely fake account, you're probably going to be stuffed with friends/requests or whatever because the fake account somehow resembles someone or something someone has talked about.

If you don't add friends, facebook will find some for you...