Question regarding death in HC mode?

Hello all. I've been thinking about giving HC a try and see how I like it but I have one question I haven't yet found an answer for. When you die with a HC char, does your follower lose whatever gear you gve him/her or will they keep it for your next char?

15+ Year Old Account
    Follower gear is character bound, he will lose it.

Quote Originally Posted by yasiru View Post
    Hello all. I've been thinking about giving HC a try and see how I like it but I have one question I haven't yet found an answer for. When you die with a HC char, does your follower lose whatever gear you gve him/her or will they keep it for your next char?
    you lose everything other than your gold and stuff in the stash

Darn, I was afraid of that. OK thanks very much for the quick replies.

you also keep ur jewelcrafting and blacksmith stats (level and learnt recipes)

10+ Year Old Account
    Everything you have, everything they have is all gone. What is in your stash remains and what you've leveled (BS and JC), remains.

That's why I suggest you store ALL crafting mats and everything you intend to sell in your stash. I regularly teleport home to offload things just in case.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting View Post
    Follower gear is character bound, he will lose it.
    does this also apply to "she" ppl?

"He" is a generic pronoun in English.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Everything you have, everything they have is all gone. What is in your stash remains and what you've leveled (BS and JC), remains.

That's why I suggest you store ALL crafting mats and everything you intend to sell in your stash. I regularly teleport home to offload things just in case.
    Only takes losing a few hundred pages/tomes to think "why the hell was I keeping these on my character anyway?"