Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Anyone tried it in EU yet? With hotfixes and stuff? Anyone who know cooldown time and performance and so on?

Just done one, performance seemed okay, we had multiple raid groups on each side, I would say easily 200+ players, not much server lag, just on screen lag. I definitely recommend lowering a few settings. It is very zergy, like IAs or Invasions, but fun too. You have to organise your own raids once inside, no auto grouping.

The only annoying thing is the long timer to get back in (2hrs), and that they have stuck in a new currency for conquest items/recipes. The new trinket now costs 525 Marks of Conquest in addition to the 75k favor, but seeing as how you only earn 25 per conquest (and that is for a win), it will take a long time to earn it

Deleted
    Logged on to try conquest and there was a 90 minute timer still on. It's not game breaking or anything for me, just a bit annoying that I'll have to wait till tonight to try it (assuming it's not on a long timer then as well)

10+ Year Old Account
    I did one last night on US though and it had a 40 min CD after. It's still a little fuzzy on how exactly this CD works.

At the time of my match it was 7:00pm my local time and my server was listed as heavy population.

I played in a few Conquest matches yesterday. The first one was the best for me since I all three factions were full and combat was pretty intense, it was a close game. It did run pretty smooth. There was the crashing bug that would happen when leaving a node area upon capping, but they had that fixed in 30 minutes. The issues that did come up I thought were handled very well, there were constant server messages from Trion letting everyone know what they were aware of and trying to fix. The 2 times the servers were taken down were very short, and upon logging back in, there were noticeable improvements on performance, especially in conquest. After that I did some summer events and tanked experts for friends on their fresh 50s.

I feel everything is getting sorted out rather quickly thus far. Some people are way too demanding and never even stop to think of the complex situation at hand, especially those who have been sitting on the sidelines un-subbed for a longtime wanting something for nothing. Yesterday there was an additional patch with 2 hotfixes, even smaller issues were not ignored for months until a next significant patch like I have seen in other games I have subbed to. In light of this, I'll give them more than 3 minutes to fix things.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm very much looking forward to doing Conquest! I didn't have the opportunity last night but I've got a bit of time tonight in order to play around with it!

All I've been able to do is Fishing around and doing some Scavenger Hunts. (which were quite fun actually)
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

10+ Year Old Account
    No idea what all the fuss is about, Conquest timer CD is working exactly how they said it would, depends on time of day and the shards populations

This morning it was 2 hours for a few rounds, now at close to prime time it's down to 35 minutes and no doubt it'll drop more in the next few hours

The amount of time between Conquest matches is based upon the time of day for the servers that it is hosted on. Right now we are in a slower spawn time period. It will go faster later this afternoon/evening.

~Daglar
    Source:http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ooldown-4.html

Deleted
    yeah, I'm a rift fan, I admit it, but this patch gets a few things wrong, I have faith Trion will sort it though.

1, CD on conquest....thats forcing me to play on the games terms not when its convenient for me
    2. conquest is unbalanced, should jsut put people on teams to even out numbers
    3.IA rewards for mentoring are bad

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    No idea what all the fuss is about, Conquest timer CD is working exactly how they said it would, depends on time of day and the shards populations

This morning it was 2 hours for a few rounds, now at close to prime time it's down to 35 minutes and no doubt it'll drop more in the next few hours

Source:http://forums.riftgame.com/rift-gene...ooldown-4.html
    Yeah, but they didnt tell the US players when it was released that they'd put that in, so of course some of them are going to be surprised and want to know whats going on. Its like you're forgetting when this thread was made that hadnt actually mentioned the cooldown at all.

Plus if you cant see why people who get excited for a feature get a bit peeved when a cooldown reducing the amount they can play it gets added without them mentioning (especially when that anticipated feature is one that a number of people have re-subbed just to play this feature) then I'm not sure what else can be said to you that you'll pay any attention to past those rose tinted glasses you have on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Eldrad View Post
    You know, at some point, Hitler was "just a beta" and people didn't stop him... then he went live.
    Just saying.
    MMO Champ forums - where Cata is comparable to Hitler.

Deleted
    I played some games this evening now, will soon join my last one
    Well, it's not smooth... could be my computer, but experience the issue with not seeing people around. Had one crash as well.
    Other than that... well, I love this thing =) Faction balance got sorted out decently. Nightfall seem to be the overall underdog in the EU, if you are slow in joining that's the place where you will end up. But the underdog did manage to get the win once when I played it, or it was a tie for victory but anyway =) And that's what this should be all about, fighting til the end :P
    Ah well, I'm still a little lost and learning, haven't played in a while so got both my spells to learn again and the conquest.
    Cooldown is ok at this time, half an hour gives me a break to do other stuff.
    Just little bugs and performance overall and it should be working a ok. I also see people run around crafting stuff, havent really understood what they are doing yet but people shout at them to do it faster so they must do an important job :P

The only annoying thing is the long timer to get back in (2hrs), and that they have stuck in a new currency for conquest items/recipes. The new trinket now costs 525 Marks of Conquest in addition to the 75k favor, but seeing as how you only earn 25 per conquest (and that is for a win), it will take a long time to earn it
    Tarien You can early as many as 100 marks per match. The end boss is 25. Each collosi is 5, each foothold is 3. Players also drop them. So in a high pop match you can easily get 100. I have 87 from 6 matches. Not a single one was a win.

As someone mentioned to Slip, my issue wasn't that the cooldown was bugged but rather that for 2 months of testing nothing was EVER, not once, mentioned about limiting access to it. I think Trion knew very well that it would kill the buzz so they chose never to mention it. Deception definitely not typical of them. In fact they made of point of describing content as "Persistant World PVP" that "goes beyond the 2 faction system". Nothing persisitant about a 2 hour timer.

There are numerous ways they could have gotten around the problem of leeching pvp away from warfronts and the increased favor/prestige gain. And I would have had much less of an issue if they they had put this on the PTS so we could have offered up those solutions. Instead they made a bunch of last minute changes. Though they never said it I think we all assumed a currency system was coming, I doubted they would have put a actual loot table on the PVE objectives.

I'm not threatening to quit over it, I'm not declaring Trion the worst company ever, but in the interest of being fair I have to call BS when I see it. I'm also confident that Trion will do the right thing, but they need to realize that time is of the essence. Alot of people subbed up for Conquest. And I've already seen several people unsub because of it. Now most of those people were people Trion probably doesn't want anyways but I am sure that Lars Butler probably wouldn't feel the same way. It is a business after all. So Trion probably needs to make a move before the week is out.
    Last edited by Khelendros; 2012-06-28 at 10:55 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendros View Post
    Tarien You can early as many as 100 marks per match. The end boss is 25. Each collosi is 5, each foothold is 3. Players also drop them. So in a high pop match you can easily get 100. I have 87 from 6 matches. Not a single one was a win.
    The end boss is ten, a win is ten. Done it twice, those were the rewards. Weekly gives 25. But given that statistically you're only likely to win 1/3rd of the time and getting near the end boss when you're on the losing team is nigh impossible, might as well consider it avg 7 for playing, then another 3-6 for the random drops/colossi/footholds (footholds only appear once the game is over btw). So I would say 13 per game on average. I have played five games today, and have about 90, but that includes the weekly and I was lucky enough to win two of those so I am ahead of the curve slightly.

I agree that adding a lockout timer was definitely a bit underhand. It should have been mentioned or discussed previously, and I definitely think that 2hrs is WAY too much. It should respond to the number of players queueing, not the time of day.

Finally got into one...I have no clue what is going on but my faction won! It's pretty fun so far, just gotta figure out wtf is going on now -_-

Deleted
    Khel is right, it's not like trion to sneak up with unpleasant surprises. They used to be quite connected to their playerbase and ofc one might wonder why they acted like they did this time :/

Seems like between 18-22 in evening the cd is 35 min and then 2h+. It's heavy, especially to those people who play other hours than during peak. Any more updates if they will change it?

Holy fuck, like 40k favor without a pot popped...I think I'm really gonna like this place ^_^

It's super fun when I can actually what's going on, but during the bigger fights...yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Holy fuck, like 40k favor without a pot popped...I think I'm really gonna like this place ^_^

It's super fun when I can actually what's going on, but during the bigger fights...yeah.
    Haha yea its alot of favor if you get into those big battles, specially if you manage to stay alive! Thank god they removed the Zareph's Portal. As usual assholes ruined it for everyone by camping it and farming obscene amounts of favor.

It will be nice once they get some fixes in for the view distance issue. I think we may get the first of those optimizations in tomorrrow morning's patch. They supposedly lower the cooldown for the weekend, but its not any lower for me. Primetime was actually worse today, and the late night timer is a 1 hour 15 minutes as opposed to 2 hours. Not much of an improvement.

Had not done any pvp at all prior to this patch and have gotten from rank 1 to nearly rank 7 in a matter of days purely from about 5 or 6 conquest matches.

I've crashed quite a bit during them - but less the last few than at first. Also, the not seeing people on the opposing team can still be an issue, particularly if either you're in a large group or they're a large group (which well, you're likely dead already from, you just don't know it yet).

Overall though, a lot of fun - I do wonder on its longevity however. The crafting recipes seem a little underwhelming to me to buy, but maybe its just that favor is still a precious commodity to me since I'm new to pvp in general.

Heh, the lion faction thingy dominates on my server (I didn't know that before choosing it, I just happen to like the description of the faction)...a bit over 90k favor last match. We would have had whatever the ending event was to destroy all the rift footholds but it failed us despite having them all down 30s+ before the timer ran out.

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't nerf the favor/prestige gains (apparently there are R50 already). I can even see them doing something to deal with dominating factions if players can't wrap their heads around the concept of the two losing factions ganging up on them.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    Heh, the lion faction thingy dominates on my server (I didn't know that before choosing it, I just happen to like the description of the faction)...a bit over 90k favor last match. We would have had whatever the ending event was to destroy all the rift footholds but it failed us despite having them all down 30s+ before the timer ran out.

I'd be pretty surprised if they don't nerf the favor/prestige gains (apparently there are R50 already). I can even see them doing something to deal with dominating factions if players can't wrap their heads around the concept of the two losing factions ganging up on them.
    From what I've heard in order to "win" the end stage you have to have killed all planar foes AND captured all the extractors. They will probably have to change that cause its almost impossible to do.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    HOLY CRAP!!!

I don't know how many of you were in the conquest match that just ended, but I am Deltress@Deepwood and WOW! That conquest match had to have lasted at least a good hour! It lasted through all 2,500 or whatever number of kills is available and then us Nightfalliens were playing hide and go seek with the winning team at the end. When it was all said and done, level 50/world pvp chat on Deepwood blew up in praise of it being the best Conquest match ever! My second and it was VERY FUN!!!

/happy to be resubbed
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water