10+ Year Old Account

Angry There is currently...

Okay, this has happened. I have bought SWTOR.

Except I apparently can't play it because I do not have a credit card (I'm 15 -_-) and I am not going to pay more because I am not sure will this game be good or not.

Is there any way to play without registering a credit card or using a time code?

Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    Okay, this has happened. I have bought SWTOR.

Except I apparently can't play it because I do not have a credit card (I'm 15 -_-) and I am not going to pay more because I am not sure will this game be good or not.

Is there any way to play without registering a credit card or using a time code?
    Yes.

2 ways in fact.

First way, have someone give you one of their free weeks. Each account has 25 of them and can hand them out like candy.

Second way, wait a few weeks and you can play for free up to level 15. Indefinitely.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure if they accept paypal or not.

One thing you might do is ask your parents to use their CC for the subscription information. With them at the screen, you can cancel the sub immediately and never be charged. The only other way would be to buy a game time card. SWTOR requires and active payment method before the free 30 days will start. This is true of most games out there with a payment model.

To play the game you bought? No but that's a fairly standard mmo thing it seems these days and it's something you should be aware of and IIRC is labeled on the box clearly. Now to play swtor you can get a trial from someone or wait.

third way:- ask mom or dad if u can use their credit card for the game

10+ Year Old Account
    My father fears that his credit card may be robbed

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheImperios View Post
    My father fears that his credit card may be robbed
    Through a reputable company like Bioware/EA, it is highly unlikely that your CC information will be stolen.

Now, if he still has serious legitimate concerns about it, there is one other thing he can do. Ask him to go to the bank with you. Set up a new, free checking account. If the bank will not allow you to have a debit card with the MC/Visa logo, have just him be on it. From there, you can just load $20 in to the account and he never has to worry about security on the main account. Additionally, if you cancel the subscription right away, it will never be charged at all once the first free 30 days is up.

This is something that I actually recommend to a lot of people. Never use your main account for online purposes, just for an additional layer of security. In the even that the account is compromised, your main account isn't. Also, separating the two accounts makes it easier to track online purchases. If the card is compromised, you just submit a dispute against the charges and the bank credits back the account.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems that he allowed me to buy a time card.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    Through a reputable company like Bioware/EA, it is highly unlikely that your CC information will be stolen.

Now, if he still has serious legitimate concerns about it, there is one other thing he can do. Ask him to go to the bank with you. Set up a new, free checking account. If the bank will not allow you to have a debit card with the MC/Visa logo, have just him be on it. From there, you can just load $20 in to the account and he never has to worry about security on the main account. Additionally, if you cancel the subscription right away, it will never be charged at all once the first free 30 days is up.

This is something that I actually recommend to a lot of people. Never use your main account for online purposes, just for an additional layer of security. In the even that the account is compromised, your main account isn't. Also, separating the two accounts makes it easier to track online purchases. If the card is compromised, you just submit a dispute against the charges and the bank credits back the account.

Big Brother Dakia helping the young ones out on the daily :P

I am Murloc!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    Big Brother Dakia helping the young ones out on the daily :P
    Heh, I was an Operations Manager for some a small bank and then Bank of the West for some years. I've seen far to many people have their main accounts compromised by visiting shady websites to not recommend otherwise. It always made so much paperwork for me.

just go and buy game time card

Game card solve are your problems, you can even buy it from inet, and some of these pages has banks where you can deposit :3

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakia View Post
    I'm not sure if they accept paypal or not.

One thing you might do is ask your parents to use their CC for the subscription information. With them at the screen, you can cancel the sub immediately and never be charged. The only other way would be to buy a game time card. SWTOR requires and active payment method before the free 30 days will start. This is true of most games out there with a payment model.
    Rift, WoW and Age of conan let you play with a three month already input in your account, you then had to accept a payment method after this expired.

Just as a fact.

Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Rift, WoW and Age of conan let you play with a three month already input in your account, you then had to accept a payment method after this expired.

Just as a fact.
    Maybe they changed it after, but I got Rift when it first came out and they wanted my cc info and to sign-up for a subscription before I could play even one minute of the game.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    Maybe they changed it after, but I got Rift when it first came out and they wanted my cc info and to sign-up for a subscription before I could play even one minute of the game.
    As do most subscription services going back to those infomercials and weird CD club things. This is not news.

Even Netflix makes you input that for your 1 month free trial. It is a safety mechanism that doubles as a gotcha mechanic. We are used to this as consumers. Intelligent people don't care, b/c they are proactive in managing their money.

Just as a fact.
    I would really like to see some hard-facts backing this more than just your word. Almost anything subscription online requires input up-front. Even a lot of free trials.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I would really like to see some hard-facts backing this more than just your word. Almost anything subscription online requires input up-front. Even a lot of free trials.
    I can't exactly pull up my billing infomation but in Age of Conan especially and World of Warcraft vanilla I distinctly remember not using my Card till the month expired.

I remember this especially for Age of Conan because I stopped playing it within the first 2 weeks.

As for Rift, it may be a copy I got from Eurogamer that let's be do it, but I had it fine there.

I can't exactly pull up my billing infomation but in Age of Conan especially and World of Warcraft vanilla I distinctly remember not using my Card till the month expired.

I remember this especially for Age of Conan because I stopped playing it within the first 2 weeks.

As for Rift, it may be a copy I got from Eurogamer that let's be do it, but I had it fine there.
    Well then we're at a stalemate, because I've had the exact opposite experience. When I signed up for WoW (back in March 2005) I had to enter my CC info to get my free month. When you first subscribe to an MMO you have to enter the info, and then they give you the free month. They won't bill your CC until the free month is over though. So you can enter the info, get your free month, and then remove the CC info if you want to. This is where you might be mixed up. They only do this for the free month (that every subscription based MMO offers, including SWTOR). This doesn't apply for the months afterward.

Maybe things are different in the UK but AoC required a credit card at launch.

Vanilla WoW, as I recall, only required a valid game card or credit card.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -