Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Click-to-move IS in WoW. If you haven't seen it it's cause you haven't clicked "allow it" in the preferences. I love it and use it all the time when i'm moving around in the world.

Deleted
    I personally disagree with all your points. I've spoken in the other thread about giving it a fresh look and not playing it like other MMOs. Sadly, considering the consistent comments that you've done in this forum, I think the game might not be for you. I'm very sorry.

Also, the tittle of the thread bugs me, it just sounds off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreary View Post
    Wow everybody and their mother is making an MMO these days... I've never even heard of Archeage...

And just to lend my voice as well I'm sick of seeing this guy infiltrating everything GW2... I've seen you on the beta forums where you were particularly rude to the development team themselves, on Tyrian Assembly, youtube, here, we get it you don't like the game, you don't need to keep reminding us everyday. The game is nearly out I don't see what change you think you're gonna effect other than to piss people off, especially when you keep spamming the same points over and over.
    I haven't been on the beta forums, but you say he was on there, was it as Infinite Retro?

10+ Year Old Account
    You seriously sound like a World of Warcraft fanboy, who went into the Guild Wars 2 beta only to downgrade it, in mind. And now you are sharing your biased opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Cig View Post
    I haven't been on the beta forums, but you say he was on there, was it as Infinite Retro?
    Yea he uses the same name on all the GW2 forums I've been to. Which is why you notice after a while all these threads popping up on all these different sites all by the same person. And they all basically say the same thing i.e. Complaining about how the combat is different from WoW is a months-old topic for him.

apostrophe =/= quotation

The only complaint you had that I couldn't see as valid in some way is movement... WASD is the main vein of computer based movement, if you don't like it you should probably be orientating yourself towards the console, or playing Korean grinders, but even the Korean grinders have made a shift towards the mouse+keyboard movement system.

You may be able to turn it on in some games, but your effectiveness compared to people using the standardized movement system will be laughable, I certainly would not group with a person if they were using click-to-move as it's a giant waste of potential.

The character hair models make the characters look fake. I dislike WoW's too but WoW's is clumped together and doesn't try to show strands on the tips etc which is a little annoying I must say.

Still going to try out GW2, but it's very personal when it comes to character models and armour for me :P

remember its just my opinions. opinions arent going to stop the game being released, or make time stand still. i did play the entire stress test from start to close and am simply pointing out the things i dont think will change for me despite enjoying the time. i also dont see this major infatuation people have with me having an opinion on a video game. if you like a product who cares what anyone else thinks. im pretty sure people are flaming diablo 3 on a more vicious level, do you think people shouldnt express their opinions or is it ok because blizzard products do need by default allowed to be vented at.

just relax lol

i will add on the end that for the people complaining then part of your fanbase has nothing but to blame itself. when i first did a video discussing bwe1 and the problems i found, the death threats, abuse and rudeness was unprecedented. it is funny how when then those people get called out on it and dealt it in return that its then a problem. and its a problem with any youtuber, forum poster who says anything even slightly negative. i may make a topic to get the attention, but the subject matter regarding my forum posting is laid out and is simply my opinion.

maybe you people should be telling other people who are fans of gw2 not to try and pm death threats to other gamers, threaten to flag of all things videos for terrorism, and try to get you banned all because of an opinion.

jesse cox, totalbiscuit are but 2 of the massive youtubers who have also called out the fanbase on this kind of thing. im one little guy and look how much no one wants to hear an opinion, an opinion i take the time to lay out my points.
    Last edited by InfiniteRetro; 2012-06-28 at 12:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by InfiniteRetro View Post
    remember its just my opinions. opinions arent going to stop the game being released, or make time stand still. i did play the entire stress test from start to close and am simply pointing out the things i dont think will change for me despite enjoying the time. i also dont see this major infatuation people have with me having an opinion on a video game. if you like a product who cares what anyone else thinks. im pretty sure people are flaming diablo 3 on a more vicious level, do you think people shouldnt express their opinions or is it ok because blizzard products do need by default allowed to be vented at.

just relax lol

i will add on the end that for the people complaining then part of your fanbase has nothing but to blame itself. when i first did a video discussing bwe1 and the problems i found, the death threats, abuse and rudeness was unprecedented. it is funny how when then those people get called out on it and dealt it in return that its then a problem. and its a problem with any youtuber, forum poster who says anything even slightly negative. i may make a topic to get the attention, but the subject matter regarding my forum posting is laid out and is simply my opinion.

maybe you people should be telling other people who are fans of gw2 not to try and pm death threats to other gamers, threaten to flag of all things videos for terrorism, and try to get you banned all because of an opinion.

jesse cox, totalbiscuit are but 2 of the massive youtubers who have also called out the fanbase on this kind of thing. im one little guy and look how much no one wants to hear an opinion, an opinion i take the time to lay out my points.
    You make a post called "The state of the game that is Guild Wars 2".

Then you express a bunch of opinions that you have just admitted are opinions. The thread title should be "My opinions on GW2".

Consider changing it and expect less backlash, do not promote your opinions as facts, and stop posting everywhere as if it's a blog, there is a massive Guild Wars 2 post where people are discussing the game as it develops, post there your opinions and have a discussion rather than making a post that allows us to respond in one of 3 ways, 1. we agree. 2. we disagree, 3. we tell you to stop posting everywhere because it allows us only.. 3 options.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Quote Originally Posted by Sackman View Post
    You make a post called "The state of the game that is Guild Wars 2".

Then you express a bunch of opinions that you have just admitted are opinions. The thread title should be "My opinions on GW2".

Consider changing it and expect less backlash, do not promote your opinions as facts, and stop posting everywhere as if it's a blog, there is a massive Guild Wars 2 post where people are discussing the game as it develops, post there your opinions and have a discussion rather than making a post that allows us to respond in one of 3 ways, 1. we agree. 2. we disagree, 3. we tell you to stop posting everywhere because it allows us only.. 3 options.

do not post everywhere as if its a blog? huh? im sorry now people arent allowed to 'post'? and how is it, that me stating an opinion is now a fact? if people choose to take it the wrong way thats THEIR problem. its a video game, not a life or death issue. ok, i'll change the title, considering that i like to grab peoples attentions among the other 'this is my opinion' title type i see everywhere else so for the sake of people who are so inflamed by 'words' i'll do it. doesnt change the fact that i take the time to lay out my points and express them clearly.

good of you to ignore the meat of my last point about the abuse. thats ok, i know people will say 'oh thats how "they" are' but fail to realise when thats what people see first up, first impressions last.

and, as i stated, i still enjoyed the time. i could go into length as to why the latest Mortal Kombat isnt a patch on its older versions and yet i still play it constantly.

Thousands of people tune in for those opinions, the difference is, you are seeking out people to force-feed, your opinions..

Wanna have a little chat about what you don't like, I am cool with that, but be warned, I may not agree.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Thousands of people tune in for those opinions, the difference is, you are seeking out people to force-feed, your opinions..

Wanna have a little chat about what you don't like, I am cool with that, but be warned, I may not agree.

lol seeking out people by simply posting my opinions? no see by involving in the community i may or may not be swayed by other folk who dont like to threaten people with death over video games. havent met many simply because while my opinion is just that, an opinion, people want to MAKE it like a personal attack, "how dare you slander our game but, hey, we just hope you choke yourself".
    its not within my reach to do a video to show the entirety of the comments that are vile at best left on just my videos alone. ive seen a lot of fanbases, gw2 fanboys are by far some of the most verbally aggressive ive seen to date.

doesnt matter if you disagree with what i state, im simply having a discussion.

do not post everywhere as if its a blog? huh? im sorry now people arent allowed to 'post'? and how is it, that me stating an opinion is now a fact? if people choose to take it the wrong way thats THEIR problem. its a video game, not a life or death issue. ok, i'll change the title, considering that i like to grab peoples attentions among the other 'this is my opinion' title type i see everywhere else so for the sake of people who are so inflamed by 'words' i'll do it. doesnt change the fact that i take the time to lay out my points and express them clearly.

good of you to ignore the meat of my last point about the abuse. thats ok, i know people will say 'oh thats how "they" are' but fail to realise when thats what people see first up, first impressions last.

and, as i stated, i still enjoyed the time. i could go into length as to why the latest Mortal Kombat isnt a patch on its older versions and yet i still play it constantly.
    I have no interest in what people say to you, take it up with them.

When you say "THE STATE OF THE GAME", it is fact, or at least you are certainly communicating it that way with your title. You can't just choose how words are read. I have no issue with your post, I read it, but forums are for discussing, I didn't see anything to discuss, you asked no questions, and didn't ask us what we thought - hence why I likened the post to a blog.

Your posts are your opinions, I could post my opinions here too but as I said, there is a massive thread where that is going on already, I am merely showing you the redundancy in this extra thread, and suggesting how you could experience less backlash from a community by adhering to simple forum etiquette.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

It's because your entire "reason to be" is to hate on GW2. Anyone can check out your youtube channel (https://www.youtube.com/user/BaldAtGames?feature=watch) and see videos going back for months with titles like:

Do NOT Buy & Support Guild Wars 2
    Arenanet Commit MMO Design Suicide
    You Want My F#$King Reasons For Not Liking GW2 & Arenanet?
    The Utter Ruination Of Guild Wars 2. No Recovery From This Infinite Ownage
    Guild Wars 2 Will Ship Incomplete, Have To Buy Rest Of Map & 2 Races
    Arenanet Have Committed Fraud
    I Want My Fucking Money Back Fraudnet

You obviously take this game very personally, just let it all out. But don't blame us for not caring when we see your same old "opinion" for the hundredth time, especially when you title them with obviously non-constructive intent.

Quote Originally Posted by Pickynerd View Post
    Hardly derailed, and completely on topic. This character has made a slew of GW2 videos completely trashing the game, and the people who like it. Insults, vulgarity, you name it. All these posts here on mmo-c are copy pasted on every single popular mmo site, as well as on twitter, facebook, and whatever else. Every-single-site-I-use he is on it, same arguments and same trolling nonsense.

Just sick of seeing it, and you will to in do time.
    If that's true... wow, kinda pathetic lol. A one-man smear campaign - nay, crusade - wooo!

Honestly, my take from reading what's been posted here is that he's of the same mind as a handful of GW1 players who want GW2 to be the exact same game, and don't like all the changes made to appeal to the larger MMO crowd. Pretty much everyone in this group, from my experience, had GW1 as their first MMO (sometimes the only MMO they've every played), and don't see the numerous flaws in it's design. It's really nostalgia at it's finest, and makes the critiques of GW2 overzealous and off-base.

There's also an amazingly simple solution for these people: play GW1 instead.

Regardless of your opinion on other matters, I agree with this wholeheartedly. The GW2 fanbase in general is passionate to an embarrasing level of fault. It absolutely happens in other communities, but some of what I see relating to defending ArenaNet or GW2 is frankly ridiculous. Not so much here, but browsing a site like Guru for a mere 5 minutes can be enough to make you cringe.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2012-06-28 at 01:26 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    its not within my reach to do a video to show the entirety of the comments that are vile at best left on just my videos alone. ive seen a lot of fanbases, gw2 fanboys are by far some of the most verbally aggressive ive seen to date.

Comment from your Youtube video account (BaldAtGames) titled Do NOT Buy & Support Guild Wars 2
    "this game is going down the shitter. good luck with ur cash shop wars 2 faggot game lol"
    -BaldAtGames 2 days ago

-->"WoW has a cash shop as well, and a sub to boot. Cash shop = bad, but double dipping is fine? /smh"
    ForsakenTankin in reply to BaldAtGames 2 days ago

--> -->"lol you're a dickhead. WoW doesnt have a cash shop. buying a couple of mounts or a couple of mini pets is NOTHING like gw2's fail pay 2 cheat shop lol now go cry welfare gamer."
    BaldAtGames in reply to ForsakenTankin 2 days ago

Transcribed from above video at time stamp 8:04-8:16
    "If you don't like dynamic events, and if you don't want to go out and explore in the world because you've already found that you've just keep getting shot, you know what these Guild Wars f---heads keep telling you, all the fans, 'learn to play, learn to play, learn to play'..."

Seems it is within your reach to show vile comments on your show. Too bad the vile comments are your own.

Quote Originally Posted by Cig View Post
    Comment from your Youtube video account (BaldAtGames) titled Do NOT Buy & Support Guild Wars 2
    "this game is going down the shitter. good luck with ur cash shop wars 2 faggot game lol"
    -BaldAtGames 2 days ago

-->"WoW has a cash shop as well, and a sub to boot. Cash shop = bad, but double dipping is fine? /smh"
    ForsakenTankin in reply to BaldAtGames 2 days ago

--> -->"lol you're a dickhead. WoW doesnt have a cash shop. buying a couple of mounts or a couple of mini pets is NOTHING like gw2's fail pay 2 cheat shop lol now go cry welfare gamer."
    BaldAtGames in reply to ForsakenTankin 2 days ago

Transcribed from above video at time stamp 8:04-8:16
    "If you don't like dynamic events, and if you don't want to go out and explore in the world because you've already found that you've just keep getting shot, you know what these Guild Wars f---heads keep telling you, all the fans, 'learn to play, learn to play, learn to play'..."

Seems it is within your reach to show vile comments on your show. Too bad the vile comments are your own.

its always very easy to cherry pick comments to try and discredit someone. i know you wont bother to see what your community have been saying for months to not just me but others, but i also find it hilarious instead of some people debating and discussing what ive said, they have to play internet detective to try and further derail the thread.

advertising me gets me more moolah, not the wisest of moves especially to negative or positive its exposure.

if you cant talk about the topic and hand dont bother. simple as.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks like someone got his wish, this is now officially derailed. And yes I have now subbed his youtube because some of his stuff is vitriolic nonsense which we could do without but some hits the nail on the head. Anyways going to leave this thread as its no longer about GW2 but about infinite, which is just what a particular new subscriber wanted to happen

its always very easy to cherry pick comments to try and discredit someone. i know you wont bother to see what your community have been saying for months to not just me but others, but i also find it hilarious instead of some people debating and discussing what ive said, they have to play internet detective to try and further derail the thread.

advertising me gets me more moolah, not the wisest of moves especially to negative or positive its exposure.

if you cant talk about the topic and hand dont bother. simple as.
    So you place far higher value on the revenue you can generate than on the intrinsic value of what you produce?
    No wonder you don't like GW2. And no wonder you don't fit in with this community. Try others.
    This will be my 1 and only reply to you.

Deleted
    <<Now that we’re just two months away from launch, we’ll spend our remaining time optimizing, polishing, and balancing the game, to ensure that we provide you with the best launch-day experience we possibly can.>>
    <<To this end, I’m excited to announce that our next and final Beta Weekend Event is planned for July 20-22.>>
    http://www.arena.net/blog/announcing...-2-launch-date

U should use this freeback at the last beta . (they dont listen on any fanforums)
    I am kinda pissed too , that they didnt allow us bind attacks , on the mouse wheel up+down , in my poor-man-mouse (wasted 4 hours in the last stree test** , trying to get used to the Naga )
    But lets w8 a bit , to see the final product
    Last edited by mmocd9c65c8d53; 2012-06-28 at 02:54 PM.