Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

TowerTalk: Sylvari lore interview with Ree Soesbee

Still convinced Sylvari are actually sentient fungus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Still convinced Sylvari are actually sentient fungus.
    So all we need to do is use a conjuration spell to summon John Madden so he can destroy them with TOUGH ACTIN' TENACTIN?

10+ Year Old Account
    Behind you, what I'm not? Then who's this person I'm behind?
    Worthwhile notes for lazy people.

- It's not known where the Pale Tree's seed came from.
    - The Pale Tree can manifest her spirit in the form of an eternal Sylvari located at the base of the tree. Though she isn't always present at times.
    - Strong emotions can easier cause memories to be incorporated into the dream.
    - The Sylvari have an ambiguous view of the Centaur, they don't necessarily approve of the Centaur and their cultural behavior, but they do see great potential in them.
    - Not all Sylvari receive a Wyld Calling while within the Dream, and once completed, they might not necessarily receive a new one.
    - There's a theory that the Pale Tree is very interconnected with Tyria it'self and thus concerned for Tyra's safety against the dragons. For instance, whenever she senses an approaching dragon attack upon a human town. The Pale Tree gives nearby capable Sylvari in the area a sense of calling towards the specific area and a sense of what to do via subconsciously through the dream.
    - Sylvari can easily shape the plants around them for the use of architecture.
    - The Sylvari as a whole, have a functionalism type view of the world.
    - The tree's connection to born Sylvari is one soft empathy, and not one of telepathy.
    - Sylvari are not anymore flammable than say humans.
    - The Sylvari are all about free choice when it comes to love, and seeing past one's gender and race.
    - The dream can influence or foretell a Sylvari's future relationships and future settings.
    - The dream isn't always reliable when it comes to teaching, and thus Sylvari are dependent on Firstborn teachers.
    - The Sylvari aren't necessarily naive or child-like, simply inexperienced. They have a concrete understanding of the world, but they don't really have a concrete wisdom of it.
    - The Charr respect the Sylvari due to their curiosity of the world, and their mutual enmity of the dragons.
    - Sylvari prefer magic classes.
    - Sylvari less prefer necromancers & Engineers.
    - Sylvari value other Sylvari with greater knowledge.
    - Sylvari are very egalitarian.
    - Sylvari operate very efficiently in teams, rarely do multiple Sylvari go on the same Wyld callings however.
    - Sylvari are very agnostic.
    - There are Sylvari ambassadors within the capitals of other races.
    - The Pale Tree ultimately makes the official decisions for the Grove, but her decisions are usually guided from guidance of the Dream, and counsel from wise Sylvari within their specific expertise (usually Firstborn).
    - The Pale Tree can freely access the dream.
    - The Nightmare Court tends to be more organized than normal Sylvari, due to their loss of guidance from the Dream and the Pale Tree.
    - The Nightmare Court is secretive, but it's members are indistinguishable from normal Sylvari.
    - The Nightmare Court's secondary goal is the defeat of the dragons.
    - The Nightmare Court dislikes other races (notably Asura), and they tend to hold grudges.
    - Warfare with other races takes a backseat towards the corruption of the Pale Tree (Nightmare Court).
    - The Charr have a larger population than the Sylvari.
    - Not all Wyld Callings are necessarily towards combat.
    - The Sylvari actively seek to unite the several races against the dragons, since they know themselves as being too small in numbers and too inexperienced to combat the dragons.
    - As a result, the Sylvari activly support the three Inter-race Orders against the dragons.
    - The Sylvari see the Krait as inherently evil.
    - Sylvari easily hold grudges, (especially towards Asura), but they still see redemption in individuals.
    - Sylvari bury their dead in order to return their bodies back into the earth.
    - Sylvari have an immortal view of love, since due to memories being incorporated into the dream, they see their love as transcending death and time. And something that is incorporated into future Sylvari individuals, thus living on forever.

Sorry for any misspelling (sleepy on my part).
    Last edited by Pud'n; 2012-06-28 at 05:18 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sylvari easily hold grudges, (especially towards Asura)
    And you bookahs call us racist...

Thanks Army of Darkness.

So they are not flamable and they hold grudges against asura. I love them already

My part in this story has been decided. And I will play it well.

Asking all the important questions. And disliking Asura, pff, get in line newbies!

And here I was wishing for peace between Asurans and Sylvari...

Deleted
    This is really interesting. Thanks for sharing Mif. ^_^

A dark queen:

~source, by Kekai Kotaki

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Army of Darkness View Post
    Worthwhile notes for lazy people.

- It's not known where the Pale Tree's seed came from.
    - The Pale Tree can manifest her spirit in the form of an eternal Sylvari located at the base of the tree. Though she isn't always present at times.
    - Strong emotions can easier cause memories to be incorporated into the dream.
    - The Sylvari have an ambiguous view of the Centaur, they don't necessarily approve of the Centaur and their cultural behavior, but they do see great potential in them.
    - Not all Sylvari receive a Wyld Calling while within the Dream, and once completed, they might not necessarily receive a new one.
    - There's a theory that the Pale Tree is very interconnected with Tyria it'self and thus concerned for Tyra's safety against the dragons. For instance, whenever she senses an approaching dragon attack upon a human town. The Pale Tree gives nearby capable Sylvari in the area a sense of calling towards the specific area and a sense of what to do via subconsciously through the dream.
    - Sylvari can easily shape the plants around them for the use of architecture.
    - The Sylvari as a whole, have a functionalism type view of the world.
    - The tree's connection to born Sylvari is one soft empathy, and not one of telepathy.
    - The Sylvari are all about free choice when it comes to love, and seeing past a person's gender and race.
    - The dream can influence or foretell a Sylvari's future relationships and future settings.
    - The dream isn't always reliable when it comes to teaching, and thus Sylvari are dependent on Firstborn teachers.
    - The Sylvari aren't necessarily naive or child-like, simply inexperienced. They have a concrete understanding of the world, but they don't really have a concrete wisdom of it.
    - The Charr respect the Sylvari's due to their curiosity of the world, and their mutual enmity of the dragons.
    - Sylvari prefer magic classes.
    - Sylvari less prefer necromancers & Engineers.
    - Sylvari value other Sylvari with greater knowledge.
    - Sylvari are very egalitarian.
    - Sylvari operate very efficiently in teams, rarely do multiple Sylvari go on the same Wyld callings however.
    - Sylvari are very agnostic.
    - There are Sylvari ambassadors within the capitals of other races.
    - The Pale Tree ultimately makes the official decisions for the Grove, but her decisions are usually guided from guidance of the Dream, and counsel from wise Sylvari within their specific expertise (usually Firstborn).
    - The Pale Tree can freely access the dream.
    - The Nightmare Court tends to be more organized than normal Sylvari, due to their loss of guidance from the Dream and the Pale Tree.
    - The Nightmare Court is secretive, but it's members are indistinguishable from normal Sylvari.
    - The Nightmare Court's secondary goal is the defeat of the dragons.
    - The Nightmare Court dislikes other races (notably Asura), and they tend to hold grudges.
    - Warfare with other races takes a backseat towards the corruption of the Pale Tree.
    - The Charr have a larger population than the Sylvari.
    - Not all Wyld Callings are necessarily towards combat.
    - The Sylvari actively seek to unite the several races against the dragons, since they know themselves as being too small in numbers and too inexperienced to combat the dragons.
    - As a result, the Sylvari activly support the three Inter-race Orders against the dragons.
    - The Sylvari see the Krait as inherently evil.
    - Sylvari easily hold grudges, (especially towards Asura), but they still see redemption in individuals.
    - Sylvari bury their dead in order to return their bodies back into the earth.
    - Sylvari have an immortal view of love, since due to memories being incorporated into the dream, they see their love as transcending death and time. And something that is incorporated into future Sylvari individuals, thus living on forever.

Sorry for any misspelling (sleepy on my part).
    Thanks, was a very interesting read

The pale tree has an incarnation: an ethereal form which looks very much like a Sylvari and you can talk to her. (they are working on her - the mother - in the art department). She stays in the little chamber at the base of the tree.

Cool

Deleted

Arenanet's first go at the Sylvari. :P

Quote Originally Posted by Maarius View Post
    The pale tree has an incarnation: an ethereal form which looks very much like a Sylvari and you can talk to her. (they are working on her - the mother - in the art department). She stays in the little chamber at the base of the tree.

Cool
    I hope she sings songs and you can sit and chill out there
    Don't judge me! I really do.
    Hopefully I'll find 40 mins to listen to that interview sometime this week......I hate listening/watching things in snippets.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    I hope you can throw rocks at her and then run away and hide.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirrelbanes View Post
    Don't judge me! I really do.
    Hopefully I'll find 40 mins to listen to that interview sometime this week......I hate listening/watching things in snippets.
    Other races can see/talk to incarnation, but you will see her "as often as humans let you meet queen Jenna".

So she does not have time to sing for asuras... asuras who did horrible testings with sylvari when they first appeared. ._.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post
    Other races can see/talk to incarnation, but you will see her "as often as humans let you meet queen Jenna".

So she does not have time to sing for asuras... asuras who did horrible testings with sylvari when they first appeared. ._.
    Everything is socially acceptable if you yell "for science!" while doing it.

...pretty sure I read that quote somewhere on the forum here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I hope you can throw rocks at her and then run away and hide.
    I'm gonna throw pine cones out of spite
    Quote Originally Posted by Iryne View Post

Well, I'm gonna make a sylvari so I guess I'll have to wait till then.
    I'm still gonna throw pine cones though
    Thinking of making a necro sylvari and RPing them as nightmare court. Ill prob be limited to throwing pine cones and pulling petals though

Deleted
    there goes my dream of smoking one

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    Hahahahahah...... XD

Quote Originally Posted by Daffkeeks View Post
    You don't smoke straight off the tree, just give it a few days..