Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jibjub View Post
    they purposefully announced it today, knowing we'd get a kick out of it.
    Precisely. The shirts weren't put up or arranged with a plan in mind - the plan formed after the fact when the fans got all hyped, thinking it was a date. :P
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Isn't ArenaNet and American company? I doubt they put up the European method of writing dates to trick people. Probably a coincidence.
    Can probably add this to the reasons that I wasn't a completely planned thing and more of a fanservice.
    "Haters give me balance, every Kyle's got a Cartman." -George Watsky

Deleted
    This amuses me slightly.
    There is no such thing as a coincidence on the internet. Everything is written by Cat-God and He knows best. (sorry, got a bit carried away).

10+ Year Old Account
    Did you say Cat-God?
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Did you say Cat-God?
    Ahahaha. Brilliant!

Did you say Cat-God?
    Flame legion scum..
    We worship no gods, fool.

Deleted
    Did you say Cat-God?
    Run!!!! It's the Bookah here to frighten your children!!!!!! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    Flame legion scum..
    We worship no gods, fool.
    We don't worship gods. Those Flame Legion do, so that's a Cat-God, even if it's a false one. :P

Deleted
    I always knew the ex-employee thing was a bit shady explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dewote View Post
    I always knew the ex-employee thing was a bit shady explanation.
    Not knew. Assumed. And wrongfully assumed. They continue to deny it, despite having no reason to do so.

The only reason they announced the release date today was fan service.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mif View Post
    I tweeted the same deal Mif

I said.. "ArenaNET you sly devils you.."

lol! 6.28.12 .. the official announcement date of the Actual Release Date

well played ArenaNET, well played!

Twitter: @EsmeraldoC

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    I think it's too much of a coincidence.
    Its the other way around i believe. That date had received a lot of hype and was bombarded to a famous date purely based on those shirts. Likely without being the intention, but with such a date being so big with the fans, they might've descides it wouldve been a nice gag to anounce the release date on that date. just to fuck with our minds a bit.

Those shirts have been there so long that people had speculated it would be the release date. I see it more as a wink to the fans then an intentional mindfuck.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by terrahero View Post
    Its the other way around i believe. That date had received a lot of hype and was bombarded to a famous date purely based on those shirts. Likely without being the intention, but with such a date being so big with the fans, they might've descides it wouldve been a nice gag to anounce the release date on that date. just to fuck with our minds a bit.

Those shirts have been there so long that people had speculated it would be the release date. I see it more as a wink to the fans then an intentional mindfuck.
    I see it as a form of fan service that simply doesn't have boobs involved.

I see it as a form of fan service that simply doesn't have boobs involved.
    Why can't it have both!?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rassman View Post
    Why can't it have both!?
    Well. I guess if one of the guys those jerseys are for was a bit overweight...

Well. I guess if one of the guys those jerseys are for was a bit overweight...
    Lol! That one made me laugh pretty damn hard!