Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

constantly hungry

i know that eating 5 meals a day every 3 hours is healthy cuz it quickens the metabolism.

but i get hungry in like 1-2 hrs since i ate last meal. and its not some tiny sandwich, but a real meal like dinner. i also often have a heartburn (burning in the throat). i try not to eat too often. i usually eat every 3 hrs. but then i stay hungry. why is that ?

Gonna take a shot in the dark here: tapeworm?
    "Do you have a PUT HANDS ON PEOPLE spec?" - Danny

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    or just a brain addicted to carbs
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

You might just have a crazy fast metabolism, or you eat a lot and your body has just adapted to wanting food very often now in which case you should just try and eat less or drink more water which also reduces hunger

Deleted
    2 first posts and you got your answers

Deleted
    What are you eating?

Deleted
    Drink alot of water. Really.

How old are you?
    What types of food are you eating?
    What kind of activity do you do between meals?
    How long has this been going on?

Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i know that eating 5 meals a day every 3 hours is healthy cuz it quickens the metabolism.

but i get hungry in like 1-2 hrs since i ate last meal. and its not some tiny sandwich, but a real meal like dinner. i also often have a heartburn (burning in the throat). i try not to eat too often. i usually eat every 3 hrs. but then i stay hungry. why is that ?
    "Hunger" plus burning in the throat sounds like GERD. I know due to having the same problem. The problem is that GERD causes pain along the same nerve that the brain uses to figure out hunger, tricking your body into thinking you're hungry again. On top of that fresh food seems to calm the stomach acids down for a little bit, before having to get them worked up again causes them to flare up and make the problem worse in a neverending rinse and repeat cycle.

OP, do you wake up often late at night with that throat burning? Do you drink a lot of soda/spicy foods, or does your stomach bother you after you do?

Are you a human?

No but seriously, are you really really hungry to the point that you can't control it anymore? Your body will get hungry usually at the same time that you ate yesterday, so if you "gave in" yesterday you're just going to get hungry again at that time the next day.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Deleted
    The whole "eat lots of small meals to keep the metabolism going" thing is a bit of a myth. There's some truth to it but in the greater scheme of things the effects are negligible.

However, my experience is that it will keep you feeling constantly slightly hungry since you never eat until you're full, you're just going from hungry to almost hungry and then back to hungry and then back to almost hungry ad infinitum...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by volescue View Post
    How old are you?
    What types of food are you eating?
    What kind of activity do you do between meals?
    How long has this been going on?
    im 20. im eating healthy food i guess, no fast foods. i always eat at home.
    i currently dont do any activity like jogging or exercising at gym.
    constant hunger for about 2 weeks now. heartburn lately, 3 days ago.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 06:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fumu View Post
    "Hunger" plus burning in the throat sounds like GERD. I know due to having the same problem. The problem is that GERD causes pain along the same nerve that the brain uses to figure out hunger, tricking your body into thinking you're hungry again. On top of that fresh food seems to calm the stomach acids down for a little bit, before having to get them worked up again causes them to flare up and make the problem worse in a neverending rinse and repeat cycle.

OP, do you wake up often late at night with that throat burning? Do you drink a lot of soda/spicy foods, or does your stomach bother you after you do?
    no i dont wake up at night. i eat some spicy stuff like mustard. i mostly drink water and tea. soda and beer from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Excess stomach acid. See a doctor.
    It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
    —Aristotle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mludd View Post
    The whole "eat lots of small meals to keep the metabolism going" thing is a bit of a myth. There's some truth to it but in the greater scheme of things the effects are negligible.

However, my experience is that it will keep you feeling constantly slightly hungry since you never eat until you're full, you're just going from hungry to almost hungry and then back to hungry and then back to almost hungry ad infinitum...
    the thing with eating 5-6 meals a day is that u still eat how much u need, lets say 2500kcal but u divide all that food in 5-6 meals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    no i dont wake up at night. i eat some spicy stuff like mustard. i mostly drink water and tea. soda and beer from time to time.
    What type of tea do you drink? If it has ginger that helps with digestion by creating more digestive fluids and might cause food to break down much faster then normal.

Make sure you're getting enough protein in your diet. "Hunger" for all intents and purposes is a response from the body due to low blood sugar. Lean Protein has been shown to increase satiety for longer. Same goes for eating more fiber, fiber unlike carbs has about half the calories, but also slows the processing of food through the digestive tract. Whole grains, and fruits with skins are a good source of fiber. Other than that, drink more water and eating more "water rich" foods can help prolong satiety, such as Leafy greens and non-starch vegetables...ie. cut the potatoes and go for something like carrots or asparagus etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by taximals View Post
    What type of tea do you drink? If it has ginger that helps with digestion by creating more digestive fluids and might cause food to break down much faster then normal.
    u mean flavor ? i usually drink earl grey. no idea if it contains ginger in it.

Why not just eat til you are full, then eat when you get hungry again. Your body is telling you things, listen to it.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Drink lots of water to stay full.

Go take on all those food challenges.