Poll: Should you be given blood, if you dont give blood?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Of course, my mom was saved by blood transfusion, but she never gave blood and likely never will because if she did she would get very sick, very achy and very likely die...I mean really those 15 people need to think about why people may not give blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    I volunteer with the Red Cross at local blood drives. Some people show uip and are unable to donate because of certain rules/regulations regarding blood donation (e.g. having tattoos, traveling overseas recently). Sooooooo, yes, you should be given blood, even if you dont.
    It is difficult to free fools from the chains they revere.

Quote Originally Posted by Strah View Post
    Uhh, you get paid for giving blood.
    And you pay for anything that requires blood transfusion.
    I don't see a problem here.
    In the United States that's plasma not blood, in most areas blood donation is voluntary, but you do get paid for plasma donation.

Quote Originally Posted by Algernon View Post
    In that case it's not just him being homofobic, it's your government as well.
    The Op is not being homophobic. By stating an exemption, allowing people to get blood even tho they are barred form giving it is not an act of homophobia. That would mean Gay guys in this scenerio would be given blood if they needed it, even tho there is a homophobic ban on them giving it...

---------- Post added 2012-06-29 at 12:27 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drihan View Post
    Being homosexual doesn't exclude you from donating blood
    Oh sure it does, but that little thing is often ignored in more progressive places, since they screen the blood anyhow.

Edit: IF you were gay and wore a 6 foot tall blue beehive wig and were somthing like hh, they would would not blink an eye and tap you, rules or no rules, trust.
    Last edited by Tastyfish; 2012-06-29 at 12:34 AM.
    "If you want to control people, if you want to feed them a pack of lies and dominate them, keep them ignorant. For me, literacy means freedom." - LaVar Burton.