[Books] Trying to remember a book I read in high school.

So I read this book in high school a few years ago, and I think about it every now and then. Well, more and more lately. I can't remember the title or the author for the life of me though. It's been driving me crazy for the past week, and I haven't been able to find anyone that could help with this sort of problem. Anyhoo! I'll do my best to describe this book and maybe someone can help me out?

It was the story of a girl. I got the impression she was around 17-19 years old. The story was set in a post-apocalyptic world. The girl traveled with a simple-minded boy, she called him Dummy a lot. As the story begins she takes refuge in a city, in a sky scraper with other residents I think. A man attempts to rape her, and she kills him. She flees and is pursued by the man's brother seeking revenge. She was seeking a house, I don't remember why. I remember something about a train ride I believe? When she finds the house she was looking for, she finds a dead couple's skeletons inside and the brother kills her.

I read this book once, in high school, at least three years ago. Sorry I haven't got the best memory! Thanks for any help in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Acideyeliner View Post
    So I read this book in high school a few years ago, and I think about it every now and then. Well, more and more lately. I can't remember the title or the author for the life of me though. It's been driving me crazy for the past week, and I haven't been able to find anyone that could help with this sort of problem. Anyhoo! I'll do my best to describe this book and maybe someone can help me out?

It was the story of a girl. I got the impression she was around 17-19 years old. The story was set in a post-apocalyptic world. The girl traveled with a simple-minded boy, she called him Dummy a lot. As the story begins she takes refuge in a city, in a sky scraper with other residents I think. A man attempts to rape her, and she kills him. She flees and is pursued by the man's brother seeking revenge. She was seeking a house, I don't remember why. I remember something about a train ride I believe? When she finds the house she was looking for, she finds a dead couple's skeletons inside and the brother kills her.

I read this book once, in high school, at least three years ago. Sorry I haven't got the best memory! Thanks for any help in advance.
    Alden Bell's The Reapers Are the Angels.