Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcrest View Post
    Isn't that The Great Destroyer, as the defeat of him, was told to hold back Primordus' awakening with ~40 years ...?
    http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/File..._Dragon%29.jpg

No, that's Primordus in his dormant state.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Isn't that The Great Destroyer, as the defeat of him, was told to hold back Primordus' awakening with ~40 years ...?
    The Great Destroyer is this bug thing

And yes, his defeat did delay Primordus.

Quote Originally Posted by zeelic View Post
    The biggest is most likely Kralkatorrik as of now, but agin we know nothing of the deep sea dragon. Kralkatorrik also has a 2 mile wing span....enough said lol
    went off and googled him. from guild wars 2 wiki:

Kralkatorrik is the Elder Crystal Dragon and is the most recent Elder Dragon to wake. It is a thousand feet tall and its wingspan easily blocks out the sun.

Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    went off and googled him. from guild wars 2 wiki:
    I'll get the exact lengths if you give me about 5 minutes.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 07:32 PM ----------

He didn't like the look of that mountain-how it hulked there-spiky, scaly, massive... unnatural.
    The neck looked as if it would stretch from one end of the Black Citadel to the other.
    Those wings stretched to the unseeable distance on either side of the mountain. And they blocked out the sun.
    It was the biggest living thing Ferroc had ever seen. It was the mountain-a thousand feet high with a wingspan that shadowed the world. The dragon inhaled its first breath in millennia and then released it in a titanic shriek. The sound crossed all registers, pounding Ferroc's chest and hurling him back. He tried to scream, but no air was left in him.

The sky had no room for another scream
    The dragon was spreading its crystalline wings. They became the sky. Sinews flexed, and bones folded, and miles of wing gathered in the air. A sandstorm had rolled out.
    Edge of Destiny spoiler:
    Additionally, Glint has claws the size of an asura. She's described as being 20 times smaller than Kralkatorrik.

That's the best I could get.
    Last edited by Larynx; 2012-06-28 at 11:33 PM.

Deleted
    @ Drake & Larynx -
    I still suspect Primordus to be larger, he might be the smallest still though.

Whether is Zhaitan or not - I guess we will just have to wait and see... but I think it is, due to the concept art.

Deleted
    I think everyone needs to think of Guild Wars 2 for what it is... a game.

It's just not practical making a game monster the size that you think - the animations would undoubtedly look bad, or the textures a little dodgy (without destroying the graphics cards of everyone within 1000 miles).

Sure they could make it "staged" and you fight different bits of the dragon at once, but honestly I would prefer it to be smaller but we get to see / fight the thing as a whole.

Imagine the Shatter - looks epic, and the dragon is still very big. Now compare that to Spine / Madness of Deathwing, where you fight bits of him at once. So many people complained that Spine was boring, and whilst Madness looked cool, it never felt like you were actually fighting Deathwing. You were fighting some tentacles / claws.

It doesnt have the same feel, when you're trying to look at something in a third person game that is ridiculously huge, you either end up panning the camera backwards onto the floor, or you would have to zoom out to a frankly ridiculous degree.

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe Zhaitan wouldn't be so mean if all the races of Tyria pitched in and gave him a big ol' belly rub.

Quote Originally Posted by Roggles View Post
    Maybe Zhaitan wouldn't be so mean if all the races of Tyria pitched in and gave him a big ol' belly rub.
    But then all the other dragons would get jealous.

Deleted
    ^ Which belly are we talking about ? he has several ?

^ Which belly are we talking about ? he has several ?
    All the bellies!

10+ Year Old Account
    Worth noting: It's apparently believed that the Central Transfer Chamber was southwest of Yak's Bend in the Northern Shiverpeaks. In other words, it could very well have been located directly under the Black Citadel!
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Worth noting: It's apparently believed that the Central Transfer Chamber was southwest of Yak's Bend in the Northern Shiverpeaks. In other words, it could very well have been located directly under the Black Citadel!
    Hmm, what about this?

Tyria should have known. The signs of the dragonrise were everywhere. The earthquakes that shook Rata Sum. The tidal wave that carried ships into the streets of Lion's Arch. The geysers that erupted in the tundra beyond Hoelbrak. The pall that hung over the Black Citadel.

Tyria had been wracked by such terrible birth pangs before. The people should have guessed that a dragon was rising.
    (also of note is the second bit, implying they had risen before)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Larynx View Post
    Hmm, what about this?

(also of note is the second bit, implying they had risen before)
    There was a pall over the Black Citadel too. :O!

There was a pall over the Black Citadel too. :O!
    So Kralkatorrik caused Earthquakes in Rata Sum from the other side of Tyria?

10+ Year Old Account
    So Kralkatorrik caused Earthquakes in Rata Sum from the other side of Tyria?
    Hell if I know. I just know this:

On the world map, the Central Transfer Chamber is located southwest of Boreal Station, near Yak's Bend.

Hell if I know. I just know this:
    Maps are deceiving instruments of the trickster god, Drake.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's also worth noting that the Asuran cities before Rata Sum were all kinda spread around the world, underground.

The shatterer is about the same size of the airships. "Zhaitan" doesn't seem that much larger than this guy. Maybe twice at the most, again assuming the perspective isn't really warped.
    That battle.... holy shit! That looked amazing!! It actually looked and sounded like a battle, with all the explosions and running around.... damn i cant wait for this game!
    Quote Originally Posted by Saah View Post
    Currently in Russia there is too much freedom, you can freely do things, that would cause you be arrested in USA.

Quote Originally Posted by fumblz View Post
    That battle.... holy shit! That looked amazing!! It actually looked and sounded like a battle, with all the explosions and running around.... damn i cant wait for this game!
    Too bad the player had the skill level of your average online scrabble player.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's the best I could get.
    Worth noting: seeing as the "a thousand feet high" description was done from the perspective of a character in the story, it may not be accurate.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 08:09 PM ----------

I still say disguising ourselves as dragon-food will do the trick. Of course, we should probably douse ourselves in ketchup, everyone knows that dragons love ketchup.
    Last edited by DrakeWurrum; 2012-06-29 at 01:13 AM.