Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I downloaded rift again tonight(bored of all blizzard products) and I was pleasantly surprised with all the changes they have made since I last played in the initial launch months. Plunging right in without really looking anything up and finding the preset souls to be convenient, there were actually people in the lowbie zones doing invasion events and all in all, enjoyable. On top of that the discounted sub packages got me signed up for 6 months. Props to trion for just being like here's a bunch of stuff to do try and have fun as opposed to another developer that tells its player base this what WE think is fun so do it or tough cookies wait another 6-8 months. So no this game is not dead and you can see the passion that's been put into it

10+ Year Old Account
    I recently returned to the game and decided to make a new character. After some thought I landed on Icewatch and leveled some there, it was medium pop according to shard selection screen. Yesterday evening around 8pm CEST there was a queue of 200 people with estimated 1h wait time, I went to play BF3 instead. I had transferred my 2 characters from Riptalon earlier yesterday, so I'm a bit bummed. Probably gonna move them all again as soon as I can. Though I'd like to play on a populated shard, a queue every(perhaps not every) night I want to play is not very tempting.

On another note, I totally love this game's animation and graphics when comparing it against a certain other MMO! Instant adventure was kind of awesome the first time I tried it, 3 levels in no time
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    Probably gonna move them all again as soon as I can. Though I'd like to play on a populated shard, a queue every(perhaps not every) night I want to play is not very tempting.
    I imagine if you contacted a GM with this reason they would move your characters for you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Schaapa View Post
    I recently returned to the game and decided to make a new character. After some thought I landed on Icewatch and leveled some there, it was medium pop according to shard selection screen. Yesterday evening around 8pm CEST there was a queue of 200 people with estimated 1h wait time, I went to play BF3 instead. I had transferred my 2 characters from Riptalon earlier yesterday, so I'm a bit bummed. Probably gonna move them all again as soon as I can. Though I'd like to play on a populated shard, a queue every(perhaps not every) night I want to play is not very tempting.

On another note, I totally love this game's animation and graphics when comparing it against a certain other MMO! Instant adventure was kind of awesome the first time I tried it, 3 levels in no time
    At the very least it's a one week CD for transfers and their free.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know, that's another thing I love I will probably survive a week. Can also work around it in the meantime by playing at other hours or staying logged in before peak hours.
    Surrounded by idiots

Quote Originally Posted by ButterflyJoe View Post
    I am level 44, but I can't get myself to play more. I very much enjoyed zones below level 35, but every 40+ zone seems so unfinished and boring.

And the macros? Worst thing that could happen to any game. Having all your spells on one button and smashing this button over and over again is no fun. Actually that was the reason why I stopped playing the first time.
    Instant adventures.... do 2 or 3 of them an you will be at 45, then you can do the level 45 - 50 instant adventures, you will be level 50 in no time.

I am level 44, but I can't get myself to play more. I very much enjoyed zones below level 35, but every 40+ zone seems so unfinished and boring.

And the macros? Worst thing that could happen to any game. Having all your spells on one button and smashing this button over and over again is no fun. Actually that was the reason why I stopped playing the first time.
    One more level and you could do Instant Adventures, be 50 in 4-5 hours of playtime and see the endgame content, use a lot more specs that aren't just one button mashing. Upto you of course but it seems a shame to come so close and not cross the finish line so to speak.

Deleted

Random Instant Adventure Tool? you should be able to Mentor yourself down and just do Instant Adventures in Silverwood+ Gloamwood till your 45 and once your 45 either continue in Silverwood+ Gloamwood or go up Stillmoor+Shimmersand IA, the choice is yours

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by willowe View Post
    I feel Threesprings has gotten a bad 'rep.'

We're not as populated as the big ones, but we're a decent sized server. We've got a healthy playerbase.

Though, we don't.....literally....have a guild raiding Hammerknell atm....let alone ID. lol. We're like a year behind. Don't worry, we'll be caught up by Dec!
    I used to be on Three Springs, the majority of that shard, both good and bad players, moved in a big massive migration to Deepwood (where I am now) and as I've seen every now and then when I take a peek at how 3S is doing, it's really low pop and sad how quiet it is. =/ Imo, come to Deepwood! SO many people!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Acquiesce of Telara View Post
    Small summer lull right now, but there is A LOT of excitement for the expansion pack that was recently announced. The game is doing more than fine. If you thought Rift was fun before, wait til you see everything that's been implemented since.
    Indeed Rift is far from dead. And with the speed they implement stuff. The time you have been away, when you play again there will be so much more stuff for you to discover. Its amazing, I really commend trion for their awesomeness in that department. They really do truly earn every penny of your subscription. There motto says it all "You give us money, We give you content" <3

I was on Harrow at pre-launch/launch, of course it had people, then months later the server died, and it gave me a very different picture of the game, I though barely anyone was playing. Then I started looking into server population on riftstatus.net, I was on Wolfsbane, and it was booming, it totally changed the game and I really started loving it. I am now on Faeblight since friends felt Wolfsbane was too packed, which for some time it has been.

For anyone I recommend picking medium to high pop server, you will always find someone to public group with for rifts and zone events. The addition of mentoring to the game is great for doing any zone event, I just go to the zone and set my level appropriate to the zone if need be, and jump in the action.

As for the macros thing, its really not all one button. Sure, you can make a macro with one button for some things, but its usually far from optimal to play that way, if you are ok with mediocre raid performance, then see how much you can fit in one macro. :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Five full Guardian raids waling on the new Zone Event boss on Ember Isle, Tarkaron, about an hour ago ....during a Conquest match, yep, game is dying

Game's totally dead. I play on a low population shard and there were only 15 on us doing a zone event in Freemarch yesterday.

Wait a minute...

Quote Originally Posted by DeltrusDisc View Post
    I used to be on Three Springs, the majority of that shard, both good and bad players, moved in a big massive migration to Deepwood (where I am now) and as I've seen every now and then when I take a peek at how 3S is doing, it's really low pop and sad how quiet it is. =/ Imo, come to Deepwood! SO many people!
    Me and my friends are not in it for a crowd, or raiding. We're in it for the community. Most of Defiant-Threesprings may have left, but we still have many Guardian guilds, and T1 Raid pugs going pretty much daily. Last time I counted we had 12 guilds with over 100 players on the Guardian side, and one, <High Life>, with 900+. Guardian is very populated, and very friendly. We have a great community, and I'd tell anyone who's Guardian and not looking to raid seriously to jump over here.

That said, the High End of Raiding is seriously lacking. When your top guild is in HK, it's kinda sad. Apparently no guild has killed a ID boss, yet, and there was only one group (on the Defiant side, too) that pugged their way though to the first boss.

Everything else though, is great. IAs are very popular on Threesprings, we have no issues filling both Gloamwood and Silverwood groups to at least 15 players most hours of the day!

And yes, fyi, Defiant is pretty much dead on 3S. No sense trying to play there. Me and my irl friend were exploring Freemarch last night (they're new to the game so I decided to show them the zone) and, hilariously, they had a zone event fail in both Freemarch AND Stonefield within a span of about an hour and a half. I have a Defiant Mage parked on 3S, and even at peak times, Meridian is a ghost town. I seems our 'low pop' rep has been given to us because Defiants see us as dead, although of we had equal Defiants to what we have Guards, we'd be Medium pop all the time, easily. We're half a server, lol.
    Last edited by willowe; 2012-07-07 at 05:54 PM.

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice to see you posting again in the Rift section Willowe

As a welcome back and i know you like your wardrobes....Slip goes Samurai just for you

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Nice to see you posting again in the Rift section Willowe

As a welcome back and i know you like your wardrobes....Slip goes Samurai just for you

Been back for a month :P

Old laptop died, got a new one, but when I logged in last Nov, I was getting 4fps in Meridian at peak time on Faeblight (d'oh) and thought it couldn't handle it, so I went back to WoW, got bored of that within a month, tried SWTOR, hated it, and proceeded to play Aion until Storm Legion was announced and a bunch of irl friends wanted to (finally) try Rift.

Seriously kicking myself for not trying harder to play last Nov. I'm on the same laptop, no hardware changes, and I'm usually at a flat 30fps on Threesprings. Nothing special, but it's playable.

Nice gear set! Where's it from? I play a Rogue now, and she's (a dwarf) got the colored wedding dress dyed blue/black. It's slightly goth, but I like it.

I also have a warrior (hilariously named Wikipedia with the 'Know-it-all' title!), with the Scarns helm, and a tuxedo, all dyed red/black. My friends call it 'Darth Pimp.' lmfao.

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Five full Guardian raids waling on the new Zone Event boss on Ember Isle, Tarkaron, about an hour ago ....during a Conquest match, yep, game is dying

Is there a video of this fight? its looks and sounds kind of epic. I did a quick youtube search and came up with nothing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MrSerious View Post
    Is there a video of this fight? its looks and sounds kind of epic. I did a quick youtube search and came up with nothing.
    As I understand it, it is brand new with 1.9, which is not even 2 weeks old if my memory serves me well. Or 3 weeks.

If you want a video though, I'll take one when next this event comes around.

As for now, I'll post some screenshots after they upload to imgur. ^_^

---------- Post added 2012-07-14 at 02:28 PM ----------

Tarkaron as I understand it from my one experience getting into the event a little late, has two main phases. First, he has 3 clones of himself spread around Ember Isle. They are small(er) than his main self. Once you kill them, he pops up and splits himself in two. You kill one at a time or both at the same time, whatever happens really, and loot. There's quite a few good aspects to the fight itself, though. I quite enjoyed it!!!

For instance, being too close under him, in a blue target zone directly centered in the middle of his melee range area, your damage is negated by like 75-90% or something absurd in that range. lol

"A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

Well, gave up on Threesprings. It's a nice shard, but I want to raid. And being stuck in T1 raids as 'progression' with 95% of the guilds there is a little sad/pathetic, as that's like Naxx80-difficulty content-wise nowadays.

So, me and my friends moved to Faeblight. Woot for clearing all of T1 on two toons within a span of 24 hours.....