Thread: Amnesia

Amnesia

Am I the only one that finds this game not scary at all?

The only parts that get me are the chase scenes, other than that, it isn't too scary.

It's not really. It has some really jumpy moments but it's not exactly the second coming of Silent Hill 2. Overall, awesome game though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well how I found it is if you watch someone else play, it's hilarious than scary. If you play it yourself it'd be scary. This is however assuming your imagination likes to run wild.

Deleted
    Only took you 2 years to not be scared, /clap.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fun game to play in the dark with friends, especially on a big screen. I'd say if you play it all by yourself, it could be scary depending how much you get into it. I find it quite scary.

depends how you play the game, If you play it in the dark, alone, in the woods and you immerse yourself in the world then yes its damn scary. but if you play it in the daytime, in a crowed city with your mom hovering over your back then no. The game is good at setting up the environment, You just didn't immerse yourself in it.

Watching other people play it is hilarious.

Like the game says, you gotta immerse yourself. I play it in the dead of night, lights off and headphones on. It's a pretty neat game

I remember playing this game in class and screaming suddenly in the middle of a lecture. My psych teacher was not pleased...
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Foosha View Post
    Like the game says, you gotta immerse yourself. I play it in the dead of night, lights off and headphones on. It's a pretty neat game
    Can't be stressed enough - the game can make you jump in a bright room, but you will be scared playing in a pitch black room, the only light emanating from your computer monitor, with headphones on blocking out all other sounds.

Also, watching others play is definitely hilarious.. I was fortunate enough to witness one of my mates, who likes to think he's a bit of a tough guy, let out one of the biggest and girliest screams I have ever heard. My family came running down the hallway to see what happened and I was rolling around on the floor with tears in my eyes, took them a while to realise it was from laughter and not pain.

Of course it's not scary if you don't immerse yourself, and have a "man this shit aint scary" attitude. Like that, any movie/game won't be scary.

My girlfriend and I played(she watched me play, she was too scared) this game in the course of 3 nights. We played it in the middle of the night, turned up the speakers and let us immerse into the story and the universe. From there, it seriously got wicked scary.

AMAAAAZING game, with even more amazing atmosphere. Can't wait for their next one.

15+ Year Old Account
    I got like 2 minutes in and I nope'd so hard I alt f4'd. I wish I was kidding

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    LMAO yeah I did the same thing.

Quote Originally Posted by spk View Post
    I wanted to do the same thing, i think i quit after i got into the first room because I was so paranoid. Then the next day i got enough courage untill i ran into the first monster. I screamed shutting off my computer and dint pick it back up for a week.

Edit: stupid space bar.

I don't remember : \