Heal tied to disengage?

This is the type of design I think should not be in the game.
    What if I want to heal, but I don't need to disengage right now? What if I want to disengage, but I don't need a heal right now? Like I appreciate their efforts to consolidate keybinds... but they don't seem to know which ones should be consolidated, and which don't. Like, for example, widow venom. Slap that on arcane shot and be done with, and no one would care, most hunters would like the change.

I think we should get it as an actual ability... or instead we should have a self heal baked into something more intelligently.

Like, for example, roar of recovery. This ability has been mostly crap since cata was launched, and they haven't even given it the time of day. 30 focus, over NINE seconds, and a 3 minute cooldown? Can we get a golf clap.. Maybe if it restored 30% health over those 9 seconds as well, it would actually be good.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Uh, the heal is now a its own ability (As of like a week or two back?) I recommend you check an updated talent calculator (mop.wowhead.com seems up to date).

Quote Originally Posted by SirreASDF View Post
    Uh, the heal is now a its own ability (As of like a week or two back?) I recommend you check an updated talent calculator (mop.wowhead.com seems up to date).
    This. It's the L45 talent row, which is the healing/damage reduction one for Hunters.

http://mop.wowhead.com/mists-of-pand...t-calculator#h

Deleted
    i liked how it used to be, choising between using disengage movement or heal was kinda neat.
    Besides, puting it on the same level rank as a permanent 15% dmg reduction or a working passive hp regen is kinda moronic.

Well, good for them.

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    i liked how it used to be, choising between using disengage movement or heal was kinda neat.
    Besides, puting it on the same level rank as a permanent 15% dmg reduction or a working passive hp regen is kinda moronic.

Rogues don't have to choose between sprint and recuperate. Why should we?

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Rogues can't pop recuperate out of nowhere. Plus it's more like spirit bond.

Didn't like the mechanic either. Good thing they changed it, but the new one seems pretty boring too.

If you ask me, I liked the idea that they had for cataclysm but changed 2 days before it went live: Chimera was still interacting with the poison you had on the target, and if I remember well, it would regen health with Serpent Sting, and do something else with widow venom and Scorpid Sting or something like that. For me it's how chimera should be. A shot that does something different depending on the poison. The name comes from that as the creature itself is one that has the characteristics of several animals in one. Since now it only ever does one thing, the name of that shot is just stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    Well we are not rogues are we ? it's seems to me as reasonable that we do not get the same choises they do.
    Note: not that i am particularly content about the balance of classes, most particularly in PvP, but that is besides the point.
    My point was that i liked a spell that had us chose to use it for either mobility or a significant selfheal (was 30% on a 20s cd, if memory serves)

Quote Originally Posted by Neidrah View Post
    Didn't like the mechanic either. Good thing they changed it, but the new one seems pretty boring too.

If you ask me, I liked the idea that they had for cataclysm but changed 2 days before it went live: Chimera was still interacting with the poison you had on the target, and if I remember well, it would regen health with Serpent Sting, and do something else with widow venom and Scorpid Sting or something like that. For me it's how chimera should be. A shot that does something different depending on the poison. The name comes from that as the creature itself is one that has the characteristics of several animals in one. Since now it only ever does one thing, the name of that shot is just stupid.

I miss scorpid sting.

It was great for clearing serpent sting so I could CC... Shame they removed it for absolutely zero reason.

I'm happy to see that this has changed. Lets hope it stays that way.