Chicago mayor gives a stern talking to gangs that killed little girl

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headline...uttons-murder/

Sounds like they need a bit more the chastising, really everyone involved in the situation are just flat out stupid. It is 10:40 at night, in a terrible, awful neighborhood (one of the worst in the entire country) and you have a bunch of kids outside at your candy stand? That is just...mind bogglingly stupid.

But big props to the mayor for doing something about it; oh wait, all he did was point his finger and say "Shame on you!" I guess he did not learn much from Obama, he should have police hit squads out on the street 24/7 until the neighborhoods are free. (Though obama would probably send a drone to do it) ((This is satire for people that are to silly and take anything about obama far to seriously))

The mother heard shots earlier, just down the block, so she made a candy stand so all the kids would come hang out away from the shooting, apparently not realizing that bullets can go more then 20 feet.

And before you blame the guns? Chicago has some of the toughest, if not THE toughest gun laws in the country as well. Criminals will get firearms, these gun laws only make it harder for people that have a legit reason to buy a gun, period. None of these criminals are going to go to a store, put in his information, get the gun, and then go kill people with it.

---------- Post added 2012-06-28 at 10:40 PM ----------

"“There was already shooting in the neighborhood,” she said. “So I figured that if I set up a big tent and a candy store, it would keep the kids in the middle of the block instead of going down to the [corners] where all the activity was.”

Banks believes the shooter was a gang member targeting someone else in the crowd near the stand. She had hoped the gangs would stay away from a place meant for kids. “But they really didn’t even care…. They killed my baby.”"

This is by far the most stupid thing I have ever read in my entire life. "There is a shooting down the block, lets get all the kids together, outside, less then a block away; that should be safe"

10+ Year Old Account
    Think it's supposed to be a guilt trip for the guy that shot her. But yeah, it's all pretty stupid.
    "When I was 5 years old, my mother told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down 'happy'. They told me I didn't understand the assignment, I told them they didn't understand life." - John Lennon

10+ Year Old Account
    Formerly of the People's Republic of Illinois
    This happens here all the time. Really sad what the political machine has done to the Southsiders.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alexis_de_Tocqueville
    Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience. -CS Lewis

Ive heard alot about gun violence in chicago.I personally would have gotten the hint a long time ago and moved to a whole new state.

look at this "There was already shooting in the neighborhood," so do they move out?? nope they set up a candy shop!!
    Last edited by walexia; 2012-06-29 at 04:47 AM.

Man I can't read American news stories. So much pointless blabber and personalising and contextualising. Just tell me the goddamn story and I'll make my own mind up.

TLDR.