Page 1 of 2
LastLast

[MOP] Guardian Druid T14 Set

Figured I'd get the ball rolling since I know there will be talk about it.

From the datamined T14 information, there does appear to be a separate druid tier set for Guardians. Yes, it does have Dodge rating on one of the pieces, and they also have some with Stamina socket bonuses (no Agility socket bonuses except on the Feral set). The link is on the front page of this website, but here's the link if you're lazy.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-06-29 at 06:09 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

You mean that the stats are not very different between Guardian - Feral sets?

I think that's either because : A) They made the same pieces for both specs and they haven't changed the stats just yet or B) Stat priorities have changed for Guardians, like they need to be Exp and Hit capped, crit is better, haste is not useless etc.

From http://theincbear.com/mop-guardian-bear-spreadsheet : Stat Prio Crit >= Dodge > Expertise = Hit > Haste > Mastery
    Last edited by Juvencus; 2012-06-29 at 11:20 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    i am realy surprised to see dodge rating on a feral piece, this basicly means we cant use any offset shoulders, and it probely means it is the peice you want to get first
    also if they dont add dodge on the T15 shoulders it might acutaly stay BiS.

this is a risky move blizzard took there.

besides i realy hopy the stat prioiry's of mastery will chance as i am a BIG fan of a high armor bear!
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elunedra View Post
    i am realy surprised to see dodge rating on a feral piece, this basicly means we cant use any offset shoulders, and it probely means it is the peice you want to get first
    also if they dont add dodge on the T15 shoulders it might acutaly stay BiS.

this is a risky move blizzard took there.

besides i realy hopy the stat prioiry's of mastery will chance as i am a BIG fan of a high armor bear!
    Feral's will not have Dodge on their tier gear, only Guardians:

Ferals: Battlegear of the Eternal Blossom

http://mop.wowhead.com/itemset=1127

Guardians: Armor of the Eternal Blossom

http://mop.wowhead.com/itemset=1128

15+ Year Old Account
    yes ofcourse, i was talking about bear gear in that topic, i still got to get used to the new name for the spec

i meant that if bear shoulders have dodge then bears cant use offset shoulders. and if the T15 bear shoulders do not have dodge then the HC T14 will probely stay BIS shoulders in T15,

but monks can also use it. will this make blizzard add tanking agi gear as offspec items also?
    Last edited by Elunedra; 2012-06-29 at 02:29 PM.
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE

15+ Year Old Account
    yes ofcourse, i was talking about bear gear in that topic, i still got to get used to the new name for the spec

i meant that if bear shoulders have dodge then bears cant use offset shoulders. and if the T15 bear shoulders do not have dodge then the HC T14 will probely stay BIS shoulders in T15,

but monks can also use it. will this make blizzard add tanking agi gear as offspec items also?
    We just don't know what T15 will hold. It could be BiS for T15, it could not. That tier is still ~6 -7 months away (I'm guessing but assuming 2-3 before release and 4 months of Tier 14).

As for monks, they have their own tier: Armor of the Red Crane

http://mop.wowhead.com/itemset=1133

True their stats are identical. I've also have not gone through the gear yet so I cannot say for sure. But it would not surprise me one bit that they would add Dodge to non-tier gear. Based on initial glance it appears Blizzard is changing the way that they itemize gear:

Non-Tier gear ranked 7 ilvls below tier gear
    LFR - 476 non-tier; 483 Tier
    Normal - 489 non-tier; 496 Tier
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-06-29 at 02:49 PM.

Either the helm or chest will go to offset. Really dislike the Stamina/Mastery socket bonuses.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Katarn View Post
    Either the helm or chest will go to offset. Really dislike the Stamina/Mastery socket bonuses.
    Probably the Helm. If you use the Feral Helm instead, you gain 180 Agility (granted it will only provide ~0.13% dodge but it's better than the stam your gaining from the Guardian helm bonus). For the record, until I can test it with the LibStatLogic-1.2 mod once the new patch is released, I've calculated that you need ~1373.8368 Agility = 1% dodge at 90.
    Last edited by Hinalover; 2012-06-29 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    Probably the Helm. If you use the Feral Helm instead, you gain 180 Agility (granted it will only provide ~0.13% dodge but it's better than the stam your gaining from the Guardian helm bonus). For the record, until I can test it with the LibStatLogic-1.2 mod once the new patch is released, I've calculated that you need ~1373.8368 Agility = 1% dodge at 90.
    It depends what the OS options are really. But it's definitely more likely that the helm will go.

It's a bit disappointing to see no decent feral tier piece to use as an offspec due to same stat casting, is this the same for shamans and priests (and to some extent warriors/dks/pallies)?
    But only slightly as the stats could be placeholder and subject to change even at this late stage of development.

It depends what the OS options are really. But it's definitely more likely that the helm will go.
    The only OS option I could find thus far is the Crown of Opportunistic Strikes concerning maximum ilvl, but there are also Red Smoke Bandana from the Shadow-Pan rep.

Looks like the OS helm will likely be the option you may want in terms of secondary stats, though we'll see.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    The only OS option I could find thus far is the Crown of Opportunistic Strikes concerning maximum ilvl, but there are also Red Smoke Bandana from the Shadow-Pan rep.

Looks like the OS helm will likely be the option you may want in terms of secondary stats, though we'll see.
    The stats on that helm are delicious. Wants.

15+ Year Old Account
    I admit I have not been following Brewmaster theorycrafting that much (though most likely I'll be the one to implement it into Rawr), however from what I'm hearing, they don't want crit so the most likely candidate for them would be the gloves (replaced with Bonebreaker Gauntlets)

I admit I have not been following Brewmaster theorycrafting that much (though most likely I'll be the one to implement it into Rawr), however from what I'm hearing, they don't want crit so the most likely candidate for them would be the gloves (replaced with Bonebreaker Gauntlets)
    Yeah, for Brewmasters Crit is uselss for mitigation.

i meant that if bear shoulders have dodge then bears cant use offset shoulders.
    Unless they actually make an offset piece with dodge. Personally I'm stoked to see dodge in the Guardian tier set, good to see something actually resemble tank gear again. Course, it's going to be hell trying to reforge into everything we need in MoP either way.

Wow, it is neato to see dodge before reforging. =)

However, I'm a bit perplexed by our 4 set bonus. Beta is beta, I know, but the 4 set doesn't seem to work well with any bear considering FR glyph. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding the bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by YeahNo View Post
    Wow, it is neato to see dodge before reforging. =)

However, I'm a bit perplexed by our 4 set bonus. Beta is beta, I know, but the 4 set doesn't seem to work well with any bear considering FR glyph. Or perhaps I am misunderstanding the bonus.
    Yeah saw that too. Maybe it works both ways. 20% increased healing ticks unglyphed or glyphed increased healing + 20% bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Juvencus View Post
    Yeah saw that too. Maybe it works both ways. 20% increased healing ticks unglyphed or glyphed increased healing + 20% bonus.
    Glyph of FR remains to be evaluated against current HPS from healers. However I don't think it'll be better for T14.

Glyph of FR remains to be evaluated against current HPS from healers. However I don't think it'll be better for T14.
    I'm certain they'd have to make the set bonus affect the glyphed version of FR, as our current 4-set bonus on DS tier is affected by glyphs.

The worth of of glyphing versus not will likely be more encounter-dependent versus gear-dependent. But I would also agree that glyphing FR will likely not be preferred until our rage generation from gear increases, and even that is no guarantee a person would want to glyph it. The beauty of FR in MoP is that it can be used with less than 60 rage, but glyphing FR adds a minimum rage cost that can hinder your ability to actually use FR (very evident with early gear).

I know with my raiding group we'd likely find more benefit from me being able to insta-heal myself when I get low on HP versus the healers being on beta-blockers and reacting to it... of course, this is all speculation on raiding in MoP and whether my ability to self-sustain is better than forgoing self-heals and letting the healers take care of everything. More likely than not, the choice of glyphing FR versus not will be a personal decision and/or encounter-dependent.
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

15+ Year Old Account
    i do wonder what makes crit so good for us? we cant proc SD anymore so its just the extra rage we get ?
    TREE DURID IS 4 PEE