Question About CTC Cap - Afterward

Hi everyone. I wanted to see if anyone could help me understand this a little bit better. After the CTC cap, should I aim for stamina or more avoidance? I've heard one from this guy and the other from that guy. I'm not doing any hard mode raiding with this character (LFR, Normal, and 5-mans), in fact it's an alt. But I still want to learn the ropes and test these things out. I usually don't look for any help and read multiple guides saying this or that, with my own testing in between.

People have their flavor on what they want to stack afterward and I really haven't seen this covered before, because I guess it mostly depends on the content you're running. If I went with stacking avoidance afterward, parry and dodge still need to be 100-200 from each other, correct? Any advice on stamina stacking? I get it that it helps healers out, but having more avoidance is nice for avoiding less nasty melee swings? Maybe I'm not getting something here... Fill me in.

Sorry about the confusion and thank you.

Deleted
    As a paladin, you can start going for more dodge/parry instead of block, cos that blocks 100% of an attack. But thats just in general. For 5 mens/LFR it dont really matter. You can keep the mastery ctc cap and go for hp, or parry/block.

Deleted
    For hardmodes you want to go for stamina. if you do lfr 5mans and a normal it doesnt really matter. I would personally still go for stamina though.

Quote Originally Posted by Rreessii View Post
    After the CTC cap, should I aim for stamina or more avoidance?
    Stamina because "avoidance" caps

If you aren't pushing hard modes, then don't worry about it and get what comes with the gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Rreessii View Post
    Hi everyone. I wanted to see if anyone could help me understand this a little bit better. After the CTC cap, should I aim for stamina or more avoidance? I've heard one from this guy and the other from that guy. I'm not doing any hard mode raiding with this character (LFR, Normal, and 5-mans), in fact it's an alt. But I still want to learn the ropes and test these things out. I usually don't look for any help and read multiple guides saying this or that, with my own testing in between.

People have their flavor on what they want to stack afterward and I really haven't seen this covered before, because I guess it mostly depends on the content you're running. If I went with stacking avoidance afterward, parry and dodge still need to be 100-200 from each other, correct? Any advice on stamina stacking? I get it that it helps healers out, but having more avoidance is nice for avoiding less nasty melee swings? Maybe I'm not getting something here... Fill me in.

Sorry about the confusion and thank you.
    I'd just go with expertise/hit, it worked great with the 0% buff and it obviously works better now since everything hits really weak compared to back then, your healers shouldn't have a problem keeping you alive, hell I stopped using ctc cap in favor of 56 expertise/8% hit, and that worked fine on all bosses

10+ Year Old Account
    Stamina for survivability, expertise for damage.

EDIT for clarity: If you're going the damage route, the order is expertise to 26, hit to 8%, expertise to 56, stamina.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-06-29 at 03:57 PM.