Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst

Idk I kinda like Martha Jones, plus I watch Torchwood and she was the only companion in that show.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Idk I kinda like Martha Jones, plus I watch Torchwood and she was the only companion in that show.
    I liked her too, I did not care for Donna. The Doctor is a pimp of time and space, he wouldn't take that kind of crap.
    Need more of The Doctors Daughter

Deleted
    Donna. Simples.

I hates Rose >:L

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    My! This is a tough question, so let me look at each companion and review them first.
    Here is the full list of companions who appeared on television only. I will not count them if they appeared in one Episode or in books, comics, or audio plays. Also technically the 8th Doctor had two companions Chang Lee, and Dr. Grace Holloway. However neither one traveled on the Tardis. Also, they only appeared in the made for American TV Doctor Who in the mid-nineties. I will highlight notable candidates.

1st Doctor

Ian Chesterton & Barbara Wright • Vicki Pallister • Steven Taylor • Katarina • Dodo Chaplet • Bret Vyon • Sara Kingdom
    Susan - Time Lord and the Doctors Grand Daughter
    Susan and the first
    Ben Jackson & Polly Wright – also companions to the Second Doctor

2nd Doctor
    Jamie McCrimmon • Victoria Waterfield • Zoe Heriot
    Alistair Gordon Lethbridge-Stewart - An officer in UNIT, he was always there for the Doctor. He has officially met the first ten Doctors, and was a companion to 2nd, 3erd, 4th, and 5th for at least one adventure.
    Brigadier with the 2nd.

3rd Doctor

Liz Shaw • John Benton • Jo Grant • Mike Yates
    Sarah Jane Smith – Over the Years she has been a fan favorite, she was companion to the 3erd and 4th doctor she had two spinoff shows - K-9 and Company (1981), The Sarah Jane Adventures( 55 episodes 2007 – 2011), on a sad note the actress Elisabeth Sladen who played the role died in April this year.
    SJS and the 3rd.
    4th Doctor
    Harry Sullivan
    Romana – Time lord, regenerated once from death and did several fashion regens. She was the closest thing to a love interest for the Doctor until River Song. She eventually became the President of Galifrey.
    Romana being cute.
    Leela - She was a ‘savage’ who the doctor picked up from a feral world controlled by an evil computer. She was always dressed in skins and carried a dagger which she would threaten bad guys with at times. She ended up married to the head of security on Galifey.
    Leela with dagger
    K9: Mark I & Mark II – Originally made by a super genius and faithful Dog to the 4th Doctor he gave the MK1 to Leela, and then he made the MK2. The MK1 ended up being a companion to Sara Jane, also it is believe that K9 might be a paradox. It is possible that the remains of the MK2 were used to create the MK1, Also it should be noted that in the 1981 ‘K9 and friends’, “K9 survived the last great time war.” And this was how he ended up with Sara Jane.
    K9 and 4th
    Adric - The most hated companion ever, think Wesley Crusher from TNG, and multiply him by ten. That is Adric. He was companion for the 4th and 5th doctors. His death killed the Dinosaurs.
    Adric and 5th
    Tegan Jovanka & Nyssa- were companions for the 4th and 5th doctors.

5th Doctor
    Turlough • Kamelion
    Peri Brown – first “American” and companion to 5th and 6th Doctors. She holds the title for longest running companion, based on Episodes and Screen time.
    Peri Brown and 6th

6th Doctor
    Melanie Bush - 6th and 7th Doctor
    Melanie Bush and 7th

7th Doctor
    Ace – She was going to eventually be the first human trained as a Time Lord, sadly Doctor Who was canceled before this happened.
    Ace and 7th

8th Doctor
    -N/A

9th Doctor
    Rose Tyler - What can I say she is very popular with modern fans of the new show. She was a companion to the 9th and tenth Doctor and pretty much stole the spot light most of the time.
    Adam Mitchell
    Captain Jack Harkness – First openly Gay actor to be a companion, first male to kiss the Doctor, has his own spin off show Torchwood.

10th Doctor
    Donna Noble – She was a one episode companion brought back as a main companion because of her performance, honestly the least likely companion to steal the show, but she did.
    Martha Jones - One of the few companions who actually was a Doctor.
    Mickey Smith & Jackie Tyler - Rose Tyler’s ex-boyfriend and mother, who found their way into the Tardis on several occasions

11th Doctor
    Amy Pond – What’s not to love, she’s cute Scottish and a red head.
    River Song – Possibly the most dangerous person the Doctor has ever known, so he marries her.
    Rory Williams – “Shall I repeat the question?” ahhh, really this guy is so mild and strong at the same time, he is the only guy to ever enter the Tardis and not care it was bigger on the inside.

So how do I pick one?

I will make two groups, Classic and new,
    Leela would be my pick from the Classic era, and Rory for the Modern era.
    Last edited by Gothicshark; 2012-07-02 at 02:33 AM.

Deleted
    Romana – Time lord, regenerated once from death and did several fashion regens. She was the closest thing to a love interest for the Doctor until River Song. She eventually became the President of Galifrey.
    Rose Tyler says HAI. Plus, as far as I know, Eleven doesn't love River.

Deleted
    I'd go with the Brigadier. He had some of the funniest lines in the old series and always had good chemistry with the different incarnations of the Doctor.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pietrzyk View Post
    Rose Tyler says HAI. Plus, as far as I know, Eleven doesn't love River.
    Actually the Doctor couldn't fall in love with her, he cared deeply for her but he couldn't actually love her. I could go into a long essay as to why. On a scale of intelligence a time lord is how much more advanced than a human? How much more advanced are humans to Chimpanzee? A person can love a Chimp but you could never be in love with one. The doctor has the same issue with most of his companions. So He carded a lot for her but he could never actually fall in love with her. That was why the human 'clone' of the 10th was able to make the jump from cared deeply to fall in love. Because that was a human, and not a time-lord. River is a Time Lord for all intensive purposes. He can definitely fall in love with her, and the Marriage is definitely real. I should point out go back and watch the Forest of the dead. Look for Rivers body at the end of the episode, it's not there. I would bet money that the 11th will actually rescue her somehow.

From your description I'll go with this Ace person then :P. Didn't mind Rose/Martha but all the episodes with Rory and Amy just turned into a mushy, same-sequence love story every episode and I got over that pretty quick.
    A Random Australian for 18 years and counting.
    Quote Originally Posted by Silhouette of Seraphim View Post
    Given that it was over 6 years ago that they were together, as your attorney I advise you to tap that ass like a keg.
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    We don't see those types of items much anymore. Its mainly +400 stam + 300 str +120 crit rating. Not +20 stamina chance on hit to apply elder's special bad touch to target if target is under the age of 10.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only started watching the "new" Doctor Who which started at the 9th doctor (I should probably watch the other ones). So from what I've seen for the companions I would probably have to go with Martha Jones

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Actually the Doctor couldn't fall in love with her, he cared deeply for her but he couldn't actually love her. I could go into a long essay as to why. On a scale of intelligence a time lord is how much more advanced than a human? How much more advanced are humans to Chimpanzee? A person can love a Chimp but you could never be in love with one. The doctor has the same issue with most of his companions. So He carded a lot for her but he could never actually fall in love with her. That was why the human 'clone' of the 10th was able to make the jump from cared deeply to fall in love. Because that was a human, and not a time-lord. River is a Time Lord for all intensive purposes. He can definitely fall in love with her, and the Marriage is definitely real. I should point out go back and watch the Forest of the dead. Look for Rivers body at the end of the episode, it's not there. I would bet money that the 11th will actually rescue her somehow.
    See I've always called bullshit when I see this theory, and I have multiple times. It was more than obvious that the Doctor was actually in love with Rose, and IMO Amy. All the clone allowed for was Rose and him to live a life together. I think the biggest issue with the Doctor being with someone he loves has nothing to do with the intelligence theory, but more because the Galifreian lifespan/regeneration. Obviously, his lifespan will never be the same as a human, but more than that can the Doctor who we all know undergoes a massive identity change after each regeneration still love his previous incarnations love? This theory raises a ton of questions about the Doctor and River being able to love each other after one of them goes through a regeneration.

OT: Capt Jack IMO is the best companion, even if you ignore anything that has happened on Torchwood. The best looking companion is Pond for sure.

Well Sarah Jane Smith is pretty much the classic companion to me. Have soft spots for Leela, Peri, Romana (I like Romana I better than Romana II actually but they're both good), Susan (and Ian and Barbara), Zoe and probably a bunch more :P Does the Brigadier count? I even kind of like the 5th Doctor's companions, despite the fact he had a few too many at once and the show kind of stumbled around a bit during that era.

If I had to pick one I think I'd go with Jamie. Patrick Troughton and him were such an awesome team. Such a pity so many of those episodes got lost

But I think you're spot on about Ace, she'd probably be my second choice. Such a well-rounded character and her relationship with the doctor and how it evolved was a huge part of the show in those seasons. She kind of became the heart and soul of the show there and she and Sylvester McCoy played off each other so well.

*EDIT*

Holy poop how did I miss K-9? Does he count?

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Also she was hawt and i had a crush on her back in the day (god im so old)
    IKR...

Quote Originally Posted by Evián View Post
    OT: Capt Jack IMO is the best companion, even if you ignore anything that has happened on Torchwood. The best looking companion is Pond for sure.
    I have to say much as I don't like the new show and didn't watch Torchwood, I did really like Captain Jack.
    Last edited by Mormolyce; 2012-07-06 at 04:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Miss Amy Pond

/drool

/thread

10+ Year Old Account
    I can only compare to modern era, cause i only have been able to watch bits and pieces from the older ones...but my choice is undoubtedly

RORY.

The Last Centurion story was badass, the fact that he always seemed to be the calm anchor to the chaos of the Doctor and Amy. He even took the fact that he met his adult daughter before meeting his child daughter with a reasonable sense of casualness.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    Holy poop how did I miss K-9? Does he count?
    Yes, Every whovian counts K-9 ((well K-9 MK1 & K-9 MK2))

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post

"Always made us pour an extra brandy in case you came around one of these days..."

;_;
    Aye, I can't claim to be much of a fan of the last series, but I was pleased that scene for the Brigadier was tastefully done, and incorporated neatly into the ebb and flow of the plot. Rather than shoved in as a standout, non-sequiturial (is that a word?) moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    Aye, I can't claim to be much of a fan of the last series, but I was pleased that scene for the Brigadier was tastefully done, and incorporated neatly into the ebb and flow of the plot. Rather than shoved in as a standout, non-sequiturial (is that a word?) moment.
    I will accept it as a word, since I understand what you are saying and agree, in fact I almost cried at that scene.