Deleted

Bought a new motherboard, what to do with my SSD?

Greetings guys! I've finally bought a Sabertooth z77 for myself and all the other components should come home in a few days.
    Now I'm not a beginner talking about building computers but I always thought that when installing a new MB one was supposed to reinstal the OS on the main drive 99% of the times.
    I've been reading around the internet that this might no longer be the case with windows 7 64 bit.
    My question is: nowadays is it still strongly recommended to format the SSD and doing a fresh Windows 7 installation when changing the motherboard? Or would you guys just uninstall every possible driver and then instal them again once the MB has been connected to the SSD?

Cheers and thanks for your time!

Backup -> Format -> Reinstall

Personally, I would reinstall the OS.

This way, I am sure there are no files from previous drivers left behind in some hidden folder, and no reg-keys hidden away.

You won't have to spend a good amount of time trying to find these drivers, since if you don't know where all the files are, it can cause problems when installing the new drivers.

Besides, there is no better feeling than having an Solid State Disk with a fresh, clean OS
    "Claiming that your operating system is the best in the world because more people use it, is like saying McDonalds makes the best food in the world."

You can try uninstalling and run the sysprep tool, but it's not guaranteed to work.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

I did what Vess said and then had to format anyway due to conflicts, I would suggest reformat clean install from personal experience.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    I did what Vess said and then had to format anyway due to conflicts, I would suggest reformat clean install from personal experience.
    I've had sysprep work once and had to reformat three times. You can try, but...
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Thanks guys, I guess i'll just to a plain simple reinstallation, but I'm still interested in what you would do for the sake of it if you want to share it!

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    I've had sysprep work once and had to reformat three times. You can try, but...
    Op has a SSD it's not like it used to be doing an OS install on a mech drive. When I did it it wound up taking me more than twice as long trying to save time >.<