Voters
213. This poll is closed
  • Mario

113 53.05%
  • Magikarp

100 46.95%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    I thought the same thing about the Sauron/Vegeta thread. After all, despite how close it was, Vegeta had the lead for a majority of the fight.
    Sauron and Vegeta they were close the entire time, this thread Magikarp was in a dead lead and suddenly Mario magically caught up, it does not seem logical.

Quote Originally Posted by Markluzz View Post
    Sauron and Vegeta they were close the entire time, this thread Magikarp was in a dead lead and suddenly Mario magically caught up, it does not seem logical.
    At least it's not too far behind. Magikarp still has a chance to win within the next few days.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Solseka View Post
    i see mario treating magikarp like a cheep cheep lol
    Ahahaha what a funny match up. But yeah I agree with this. I think Mario would be prepared to fight Magikarp, but not the other way around. Even if Magikarp evolved, Mario has significant experience with defeating dinosaurs and crap. Gyrados isn't a dinosaur, more of a water dragon, but I think Mario could handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Letmesleep View Post
    Ahahaha what a funny match up. But yeah I agree with this. I think Mario would be prepared to fight Magikarp, but not the other way around. Even if Magikarp evolved, Mario has significant experience with defeating dinosaurs and crap. Gyrados isn't a dinosaur, more of a water dragon, but I think Mario could handle it.
    Mario is constantly killed by Cheep Cheeps. Magikarp is like, the god of Cheep Cheeps. Mario doesn't stand a chance.

Glad to see Mario is pulling ahead. Way to many of you seem to think this fish is some type of god.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mynta Vali Daseriu View Post
    Mario is constantly killed by Cheep Cheeps. Magikarp is like, the god of Cheep Cheeps. Mario doesn't stand a chance.
    But my Mario plays differently! :P

(Nah, in all honesty, if I went back and played a mario game again, I'd probably eat a bunch of deaths. It took more patience and precision back then, where as often we can afford to be a little careless in our games these days)

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Glad to see Mario is pulling ahead. Way to many of you seem to think this fish is some type of god.
    God is pretty hyperbolic. Magikarp is mostly a joke, yes, but he's not the completely useless fish that can only learn splash like he was in Gen1. His high armor and thrashes can be pretty effective. Mario is actually extremely underpowered when you think about it. His moves consist of jumping on their heads or hitting them with a hammer. He can wear one hat/suit at a time, and really, the only notable one is the fire flower. His success comes from fighting the mass of untrained henchman sent by the comical villain Bowser, and in most games he dies in one or two hits(even the 3d ones). The only actually "powerful" Mario that exists is Paper Mario.

Quote Originally Posted by Skelington View Post
    God is pretty hyperbolic. Magikarp is mostly a joke, yes, but he's not the completely useless fish that can only learn splash like he was in Gen1. His high armor and thrashes can be pretty effective. Mario is actually extremely underpowered when you think about it. His moves consist of jumping on their heads or hitting them with a hammer. He can wear one hat/suit at a time, and really, the only notable one is the fire flower. His success comes from fighting the mass of untrained henchman sent by the comical villain Bowser, and in most games he dies in one or two hits(even the 3d ones). The only actually "powerful" Mario that exists is Paper Mario.
    I don't know, Mario is also pretty powerful in Super Mario RPG, not just Paper Mario.

10+ Year Old Account
    In Super Mario 64, he can take multiple hits from molten lava, and hammer-throw a dragon several times larger than him. Actually, his reaction to lava is remarkably similar to Goku's during his fight with Frieza.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    In Super Mario 64, he can take multiple hits from molten lava, and hammer-throw a dragon several times larger than him. Actually, his reaction to lava is remarkably similar to Goku's during his fight with Frieza.
    Yeah, but in any 2D game, Mario just needs to take a fish to the face and realize it's too much.

You guys seriously have to admit that Mario isn't very good against fishes. If Mario was fighting Blastoise or something, I'd be all about Mario winning! He's great at kicking turtle ass, but fish? Oh man fish.... those things.... those things will get you if you're not careful

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Yeah, but in any 2D game, Mario just needs to take a fish to the face and realize it's too much.

You guys seriously have to admit that Mario isn't very good against fishes. If Mario was fighting Blastoise or something, I'd be all about Mario winning! He's great at kicking turtle ass, but fish? Oh man fish.... those things.... those things will get you if you're not careful
    Yeah, about that...

Fire flower or cape = OHKO. Cheep-cheep = 2HKO.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Yeah, about that...

Fire flower or cape = OHKO. Cheep-cheep = 2HKO.
    That's assuming he's still kept it after all these fights! Also, those flying cheep cheeps that come at you forever and just keep spawning will get you even with a fire flower. Trust me, you think you're invincible, and then before you know it BAM you lost your fire flower and now you're totally defenseless!

One Star for Mario and he gets Super Powered and then Magicarp is history.

Deleted
    Mario, if not only because I hate pokemons.

10+ Year Old Account
    Soooo, where are those double-accounts pulling Magikarp back in? :P
    Seems like Mario is actually grabbing a firm lead (relatively speaking, compared to how close it's been so far).
    Ex-GM and Raidleader of the MoX Purple Kittens Raidteam on Twisting Nether (formerly Grim Batol), RIP, Winter 2010 - Spring 2013.
    Armory. WoWProgress. Might start streaming Soon(tm) http://twitch.tv/szem/

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    ---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 12:21 AM ----------

he owned an electric type, not just that but the best one, also that certain pokemon is always a higher tier in smash bros than mario.

and attacks from the future do not work!
    So a level 100 Magikarp can defeat a retarded AI wild Mewtwo? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!?!?!

Mario wins this.

Quote Originally Posted by Broloth View Post
    So a level 100 Magikarp can defeat a retarded AI wild Mewtwo? WHO WOULD'VE THOUGHT!?!?!

Mario wins this.
    By the same logic, Mario can be defeated by a "retarded AI Cheep-Cheep," and then go defeat a giant, fire-breathing turtle boss.

Huh. Who could've known?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mario wins. New ones up in a bit.