Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    The game was killed by its own Hype. It was hyped up to be the all great "WoW destroyer" and it killed itself by doing so. Almost every MMO since WoW has made the same mistakes.
    The game isn't dead.
    Stating an opinion as fact does not make it fact. Opinions are not fact. So don't be stupid and make a fool of yourself by trying to pass off your opinion as fact.

I was never that hyped over swotor myself, I dont really ever get that way for games. I did enjoy leveling my character and and playing with my wife and kids through the group play and the raids. Once we finished off nightmares we all decided to stop, except for my daughter who wanted to level as many classes as she could. I didnt ever fall into the group of people that waited around lfg's and such so I was pretty lucky in that area. The game just didnt have anything else to hold us and my wife wanted to get back to wow(she hated swotor but played to finish it with the rest of us).
    If the game goes FTP, which I think it will, then we may all come back and play but its not really worth a sub fee.

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Every MMO to ever be released after WoW has been hyped up by it's fans as the "WoW killer". You can't blame the company for what the fans say. The only company who was ever stupid enough to actually hype their own game as a WoW killer was Trion, and that didn't quite go as planned.
    Ha i remember that. WoW lost what was it? 200k subscribers?

Trion World being the smartasses decided to come out and say " Well we know where those players went " and their slogan " We're not in Azeroth any more " it's a great game and all but the company were way to cocky upon release and that applies to BioWare as well.
    Last edited by Zephre; 2012-07-01 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by vanin View Post
    Bioware should have made KotOR 3 or tried to stir the pot. I like SWTOR a bit but it's still hard to deny it being WoW in space - and that doesn't work in its favour at all.
    You're an <expletive> genius. That would have been so awesome, a KOTOR 3 that took place between KOTOR 2 and SWTOR that helped bridge the stories. (I know I am about to get a TON of flack for saying this) Like WC3: TFT to WoW. One of the coolest feelings when WoW released was how fresh WC3 still was. Bioware could still do it, actually. MAybe a KOTOR game that takes place before SWTOR (but after KOTOR 2) that revealing lots of cool information. It would be a lot cooler than a book that's for sure. Damn you for suggesting this, my friends and I are going to be talking about this idea for a long time now.

Deleted
    im loving it - dont see argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    in Limbo... damn the Wi-fi is expensive here...
    I levelled a Sith warrior, Bounty hunter and Sith Inquisitor all to 50. Enjoyed the Warrior and BH stories a lot.. but the Inquisitor one was dull to say the least. Tried levelling republic side.. and just couldn't face some planets that early in levelling (Taris I am looking at you, you damn aweful planet).Tried PvPing at 50, got battlemaster pre nerf on one toon and centurion pre nerf on 2 others.... So enjoyed it for a while...

But 1.2, rather than being the saviour patch it should've been... was instead a bitter dissapointment, with outrageous costs for legacy stuff that (imho) should have been free at certain legacy levels.
    Last edited by Neotokyo; 2012-07-02 at 08:15 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi Demonskies

Try The Secret World, that is amazing! Just play it for a bit and you see. http://www.thesecretworld.com/ i have been in there since friday on early acsess and the game coming in store juli the 3, Tomorow. Good luck mate
    LOOKI

Deleted
    Not gonna lie really hoped SWTOR would become a big player in the scene but like most ppl say once you get 50 it's kinda like you completed the game.
    I think once you have played an mmo all new mmo's will be the same you dont get that WOW factor of the first time bien a giant world.
    you know straight away more or less what stats you need the quests no diffrent from any other mmo.
    also you seem to get attached to the first mmo you have played and dont want to part with the char you spent months year with

Deleted
    I really hoped that SWTOR would have keept my intrest longer than it did.
    I played it a lot from early access to early may, and loved it. Then I stoped dead in my tracks levling my fifth character.
    I am still subbed, and will be that for a while, because I hope that I will get my intrest back and start enjoying it, but unless something big happens, I rather doubt it.

I hate people saying it is a "WoW clone". If something WoW is a clone of Everquest and Dark Age of Camelot. Just because SWTOR uses some more or less generic standards in a MMO, doesnt say it is a clone of anything.

Atm I pin my hopes on Planetside 2, playing Planetside 1 while I wait. MoP and GW2 will not be anything for me. My WoW days are most likely over. Almost Eight years is to long for one game.

Started playing on release got to lvl 16 and quitted because of friends leaving for wow again/bugs. Resubbed in april and have never looked back, this game is something that will entertain me for years, i am a die hard star wars fan aswell and this game just does it for me. It actually feels refreshing paying for a game monthly because of the fun it gives me and not paying because i "have" too (wow). Swtor sub = 14.99$, Friends and awesome star wars moments experienced in game = priceless.

Quote Originally Posted by looki View Post
    Hi Demonskies

Try The Secret World, that is amazing! Just play it for a bit and you see. http://www.thesecretworld.com/ i have been in there since friday on early acsess and the game coming in store juli the 3, Tomorow. Good luck mate
    ~chuckle~ People complain about in SW:TOR all the quests are the same... Let us know how TSO works out in that aspect.

10+ Year Old Account
    How can you say that? have you tryed TSW? post coment after you played it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    ~chuckle~ People complain about in SW:TOR all the quests are the same... Let us know how TSO works out in that aspect.
    LOOKI

Looki is right, dont become a Raktroll!!!!!!

The game could be very good for all we know, its the same kind fo blind hate we see every day posted here.

I know I am not going to be buying this game or becoming an early adopter, till i see some unbiased reviews. FUNCOM has fooled me twice with AO and AOC, im not letting them do it to me again, but thats just me. I for one am not going to go into TSW threads saying their game sucks, dont be that guy Xcitement.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    To me, the game does not feel like Star Wars [B]At all[B] it feels like another Si-Fi franchise that misses the mark on originality. I'm sure the game is great to people who never played WoW but to me it is just too damn similar.

From the Planets, to the ships, to the Fighting none of it gives me the star Wars aesthetic I wanted - or that even Star Wars Galaxy gave. It feels like a game to me and not a fully fleshed out Universe that seems endless that you can explore with your friends across the Star Wars galaxy.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tehTyrant View Post
    The story is there like I said, what the game needs is just content to be released faster and if it wants to compete, release patches/updates like Rift is doing. I think Rift is doing great and the amount of content in that game is staggering.
    Firstly I never played TOR, but one of the things that stood out during their pre-release marketing was the voice acting. The first thing that came to mind was, "How the heck are they going to keep this up?". Blizzard is barely pushing out expansions on time - between art creation, balance tuning, and technical debugging. You add voice acting to the list?

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    this doesn't make any sense. leveling in WoW is way more boring with NO VARIATION between classes, and very little lately even between factions. yet you complain TOR felt too similar? There is literally no difference in WoW characters while leveling other than more dungeons. They made it go so fast you can skip a few zones, but that doesn't mean there's much choices. They took out any class quests, and a lot of the zones like Deepholm are exactly the same for both factions pretty much.[COLOR="red"]
    It simply wasn't efficient to create content that will only be seen by a relatively small sub-section of the playerbase. By having 2 factions they have already "split their team" with some quests only being seen by one faction. To do quests that are only seen by a fraction of one faction ...

I wouldn't say really there's a lack of content, but there could be more. WoW gives very few content patches now, yet people seem content for some reason.
    Yes, people are getting bored. Some I'm sure have cancelled and are taking a break from the game. It's the "end of expansion blues" - like death and taxes an immutable part of life.

WoW was the last MMO I tried - OK second last, I tried Aion; dropped it like a hot potato.

Probably won't be trying any others soon, except maybe FFXIII v2.0, mainly because I don't want to relearn everything. I don't want a complete 180 change in playstyle - I'm quite happy with how my Frost mage plays; I know it's getting nerfed but it's still mostly a return to as it was in BC and Wrath which isn't all that bad, and I don't PVP anymore so I don't care about the mess on that aspect of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by mystik View Post
    this doesn't make any sense. leveling in WoW is way more boring with NO VARIATION between classes, and very little lately even between factions. yet you complain TOR felt too similar? There is literally no difference in WoW characters while leveling other than more dungeons. They made it go so fast you can skip a few zones, but that doesn't mean there's much choices. They took out any class quests, and a lot of the zones like Deepholm are exactly the same for both factions pretty much.
    Sorry, but that's just not true at all. I love TOR but one of it's major most glaring flaws(that doesn't involve the end game) is that there's no variation with questing. Every player does the same quests. Class quests - which are usually only 4-5 quests per planet and are all in the same area of all the other class quests - don't count as a variation in leveling from class to class.

WoW, on the other hand, has tons of freedom of choice when it comes to quest leveling. Every level has 2-3 zones that are designed to level in. If you level exclusively via questing the only zones you HAVE to do are Hellfire Peninsula, Deepholme, Uldum and Twilight Highlands. You can start 3-4 characters at level one on one faction and go all the way to 85 and never do the same quest twice, outside of those zones.

Sorry, but that's just not true at all. I love TOR but one of it's major most glaring flaws(that doesn't involve the end game) is that there's no variation with questing. Every player does the same quests. Class quests - which are usually only 4-5 quests per planet and are all in the same area of all the other class quests - don't count as a variation in leveling from class to class.

WoW, on the other hand, has tons of freedom of choice when it comes to quest leveling. Every level has 2-3 zones that are designed to level in. If you level exclusively via questing the only zones you HAVE to do are Hellfire Peninsula, Deepholme, Uldum and Twilight Highlands. You can start 3-4 characters at level one on one faction and go all the way to 85 and never do the same quest twice, outside of those zones.

yeah but thats a bit unfair isnt it? they changed that in world of warcraft after a few expansions, because leveling simply got too long and tedious. I leveld my WoW main when the game launched, and I had to do all the zones, just like SWTOR now. I am sure after a few expansions they will also give more XP for quests and adjust the level range for the planets so you can actually skip some. and the legacy system is already adding variety wo leveling with xp boosts, and there are still the class quests which are only few but definatly the quests which define the feeling for your character.
    I dont think thats something you can blame SWTOR for.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostagecat View Post
    Looki is right, dont become a Raktroll!!!!!!

The game could be very good for all we know, its the same kind fo blind hate we see every day posted here.

I know I am not going to be buying this game or becoming an early adopter, till i see some unbiased reviews. FUNCOM has fooled me twice with AO and AOC, im not letting them do it to me again, but thats just me. I for one am not going to go into TSW threads saying their game sucks, dont be that guy Xcitement.
    Yes I have played it. One thing you don't know about me is I like to check the various factions out. I don't know if you made a Templar, Illuminati & Dragon but I have. The opening cinematic is exactly the same up to when the person comes to see you. I'll give that Illuminati guy points for style and Dragon props for being just OP.

Then we talk to a few people have the exact same optional trip in Tokyo subway then it's get a weapon and odd to Kingsmouth. Every quest is a daily repeatable and every faction does the same quests. I dare you to tell me otherwise. So when I say "People complain about in SW:TOR all the quests are the same... Let us know how TSO works out in that aspect." I'm waiting to hear what the population has to say concerning all the same quests you do in TSO.

Still wondering if I am spewing blind hate? I never even said I hated the game. Interesting concept I just asked one question about a specific aspect of the game.

Yea like the choice between Stranglethorn Vale & Desolace?

Nope, I still love the game. Its still far better than anything else I have played. Sure there are problems, but they are fixing them fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by demonskies View Post
    TLDR; Is anyone else feeling the same where they defended and wanted this game to do so well and feels like WTF how did this happen? Hey at least I got a sweet GG Malgus statue.
    How did what happen? Oh, sorry...I'm still logging in every day and playing my Guardian, or leveling one of my alts...and enjoying myself. Too busy playing to wonder why this game didn't have 12 million subs out the gate. Too busy playing to post on or read forums every day about how the game is dead. Too busy playing to care that Ilum failed, ranked warzones didn't arrive when BW said they would (something I likely won't take part in), my old server died and my first lvl 50 can only transfer to a server that I have no interest in playing on, and my higher end pc still had trouble managing the game graphically early on...

Yup, too busy playing now to care about any of that.
    I quit the game, and this happens:
    "You can now mount while under the skeleton effect of the Noggenfogger Elixir!"
    Are you effing kidding me?!?!
    Remember 3.0.......