Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alenarien View Post
    Except that the disguise was changed so that it breaks as soon as you enter combat; fun fun.
    You are completely right, that makes the glyph a DPS increase and not a fun little niche glyph that only has some aesthetic effect.
    How silly of me.

Quote Originally Posted by Digori View Post
    hate to tell you but shroud has been in wow betas since bc, just never made it live before.
    I've followed this game since vanilla, and it's never had an aoe stealth in a beta. Proof?

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I've followed this game since vanilla, and it's never had an aoe stealth in a beta. Proof?
    now that im thinking about it, it may have been wrath beta. thinking that it was replaced with smoke bomb. i tried a google search but only mop crap came up. dont believe then then dig for yourself. im 100% positive that it was around in the past. and i have played a rogue since 05 so yea that means jack to me...
    Last edited by Digori; 2012-07-06 at 06:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    I mean it's ok that a man wearing a dress can flick fireballs out of his wrists, but being able to fool the eye so that a few people are hard to see for more than 15 seconds is simply impossible....
    The idea that you could hide a Tauren warrior for 15 seconds is about as mind-boggling as the fireballs. Imagine a sound like a bag of coconuts being repeatedly hurled against a wall covered in pots and pans. Imagine that sound being made and nobody notices. That's master of disguise material right there.

Quote Originally Posted by Digori View Post
    now that im thinking about it, it may have been wrath beta. thinking that it was replaced with smoke bomb. i tried a google search but only mop crap came up. dont believe then then dig for yourself. im 100% positive that it was around in the past. and i have played a rogue since 05 so yea that means jack to me...
    I don't care how long YOU'VE played a rogue, you should care because *I* played that long and don't remember it, because I've been vigilant this whole time. My point isn't "I have more seniority than you, therefore I'm right", it's "I have enough time spent following this that I wouldn't have missed something that big". Also, smokebomb was cata, not wrath. Wrath was fan mostly :P

I remember when smokebomb was announced, because it made a lot of noise on the forums- bad rogues thinking it would suck, ranged and healers asking what the heck, etc. If you can't find one single reference with google, you probably dreamed it and are remembering that.
    Last edited by Verain; 2012-07-06 at 07:48 PM.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    well in tor at release agents/smugglers could pop this on a door in voidstar and no one would be the wiser. i think that sort of thing stayed in game for a month or two before people saw how ridiculous it was.

i find it to still be quite a tool in swtor when used properly. baiting people to a node they think is unguarded is a favorite of mine.

I actually thought it was ok on the doors. In order to work it "right", you and another dude had to stealth up, he had to unstealth and start working on the door, and you had to use the smuggle then. The stealth/destealth noise is a lot more gaudy in that game, so if anyone was nearby they would hear it even if tabbed out- and if they were paying attention, they would see two dudes appear and disappear. I'm sure they got rid of it because it was more confusing than anything, and it eliminated your ability to scan the door every, say, 5 seconds. It's still a useful ability in warzones, and if you are questing with friends in the open world it is too- especially if you are going to open on a group of dudes you scouted over a hill. I think it will have plenty of use in wow, probably more than in TOR. I know every arena will open with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    I don't care how long YOU'VE played a rogue, you should care because *I* played that long and don't remember it, because I've been vigilant this whole time. My point isn't "I have more seniority than you, therefore I'm right", it's "I have enough time spent following this that I wouldn't have missed something that big". Also, smokebomb was cata, not wrath. Wrath was fan mostly :P

I remember when smokebomb was announced, because it made a lot of noise on the forums- bad rogues thinking it would suck, ranged and healers asking what the heck, etc. If you can't find one single reference with google, you probably dreamed it and are remembering that.
    eh when youve played a game pretty much non stop and smoke as much pot as i do things tend to meld together, none the less it was in beta before, believe me or not, im not doing the work for you. and considering i looked at the first 3 pages of google for something that was posted years ago means jack since it brings up the most relevant topics, and those would be all mop since its beta has been out awhile now.

all that said i remember talking to the gm of my guild about the ability, and i left that guild on very bad terms early on in wrath, havent spoken to him since i left. that time frame puts it between bc and wrath betas as i joined that guild a month or so before t3 hit.

edit: when saying ive played the class that long i was trying to get the same point across. you dont do mostly high end raiding without following whats happening to your class.

another edit: perhaps it was swapped for cloak of shadows? i dunno... the shroud tool tip was the same back whenever it was and me and the gm, who was also a rogue, about shit ourselves, and i was VERY dissapointed when it was removed. again believe me or not, i know im not nuts.
    Last edited by Digori; 2012-07-06 at 08:30 PM.