Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Students who bullied N.Y. bus monitor are suspended for a year

http://www.cnn.com/2012/06/29/us/new...html?hpt=hp_t2

Four middle school students caught on camera verbally abusing their bus monitor have been suspended for a year and will be required to complete 50 hours of community service, school district officials said Friday.

Good riddance.

Hope they learn something

Deleted
    Thank all sorts of fuck for this school district officials.

I hope they separate the kids in their community service, and also that the parents do something about it later. It's a shame the kids get death threats (as one of the fathers say), that's uncalled for, but I really hope they fucking learn something.

Fucking brats pisses me off...

Nothing less than they deserved.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kids got punishment that was deserved. Glad they experienced justice first hand.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good! Hopefully they will have enough time to think about what kind of shit they pulled.

10+ Year Old Account
    They're middle schoolers, which means they'll take this as a vacation, and they'll have plenty of time to finish their community service. Not much going on with this punishment, I'm afraid. Kids will be kids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    They're middle schoolers, which means they'll take this as a vacation, and they'll have plenty of time to finish their community service. Not much going on with this punishment, I'm afraid. Kids will be kids.
    They won't have a 1 year vacation. Quoting the article;

The students will be transferred to the district Reengagement Center, it said.

Does this also mean they have to make up this year of school next year? In essence flunking a year and repeating. That would make this punishment even more just.

a completely over-the-top punishment set in place only to soothe the screaming public masses calling for the kids' blood.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ixuzcc View Post
    They won't have a 1 year vacation. Quoting the article;
    Oh.

I don't know what that is

Quote Originally Posted by herpderpslurp View Post
    a completely over-the-top punishment set in place only to soothe the screaming public masses calling for the kids' blood.
    This is my opinion on it.

They only got this super harsh punishment because all of the outrage over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as the majority of the kids probably fell to group pressure.... and ultimately a year out of school in a detention center is going to set them in a bad place for the rest of their lives... its a completely unreasonable sentence.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post

Yes because it is perfectly acceptable for kids to be totally rude, disgusting, hurtful and disrespectful... When i was a kid/teen i was brought up to respect my elders, to have manners, to not judge people etc and so on, all things i currently teach my own children, but seems that this is not the norm these days, but that is a whole other thread.

The little pricks would not want to be alive if they where mine.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    Not only that, but it's not as if jerks like that are an isolated thing for these middle school kids or Greece NY. I have seen college freshmen bully and harass people in the dorms in the exact same manner. It's common everywhere, and sad that people don't do much about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cherrysoul View Post
    Yes because it is perfectly acceptable for kids to be totally rude, disgusting, hurtful and disrespectful... When i was a kid/teen i was brought up to respect my elders, to have manners, to not judge people etc and so on, all things i currently teach my own children, but seems that this is not the norm these days, but that is a whole other thread.

The little pricks would not want to be alive if they where mine.
    OF course, and if I had a child who did such, they would be in a world of trouble... but this is state-derived punishment that will be setting them back for quite possibly their entire lives.

Good riddance. They got theirs.

Deleted
    Good f'ing Riddance.

Thanks, humanity.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noobadin View Post

They were the best place to make an example for all the other little douchebags, because of how big it apparently was/is.

Kids deserve it, imo. No reason to act like that.