Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account

Unhappy AMD Catalyst 12.6 Problems

Hello,

I updated my driver 12.6 and ever since I have been getting shitty performance in and out of games, and also my sound is messed up it sounds all distorted.

I tried reinstalling the driver, and using restore point and nothing.

What else can I do?

Thanks!
    Last edited by Angel25; 2012-06-30 at 12:33 AM.
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g

I am having the exact same problem...

I have a radeon 5800 and im running windows 7, i installed from 12.4 to 12.6 and had all these issues with video/sound. I rolled back to 12.4 using the full uninstall via control panel then driver sweeper in safe mode, then installed full catalyst 12.4 suite and still have the same issues in all games.

One thing I did notice is that my frames per second will be normal for the first few seconds of whatever game I'm playing, then makes a huge drop and stays there. I have dual monitors and kept up the CPU performance on one monitor and played games in the 2nd, and the temperature never went above 60 and the mem and GPU speeds stayed pretty consistently at max like they should while in game.

Any suggestions?

i can't even get the installer to install 12.6. whenever i run it, it just shows everything as up to date, but if i check the version it's still 12.4.

funny thing is checking for updates through ccc tells me to download 12.6 still, if i go to their website and try to put in my details it tells me to download the 12.4 hotfix instead (yknow the 1 that ppl had to download to fix d3) even though my card doesn't even need it.

Deleted
    same issues here, I am getting huge FPS spikes while playing D3, although they do not linger for me. They just randomly come & go.

Deleted
    Try the AMD Catalyst ™ 12.7 Beta Driver

Performance highlights of AMD Catalyst 12.7 Beta

Up to 25% Skyrim
    Up to 6% in Crysis 2
    Up to 20% in Total War: Shogun 2
    Up to 3.3% in Battlefield 3
    Up to 6.9% In 3DMark™ 11
    Up to 4.8% in Aliens vs. Predator
    Up to 6.5% in Batman: Arkham City
    Up to 8% in Crysis Warhead
    Up to 7.2% in F1 2010
    Up to 8% in Just Cause 2
    Up to 12% in Wolfenstein MP
    Make sure you uninstall/delete old rivers completely, run the uninstall feature in Windows then (optional) down and run Driver sweeper (say no to any toolbars if it asks) and clean AMD display. Reboot and run the 12.7 driver installation.

I have it running right now with no issues.

Deleted
    weird i updated yesterday and i have found no problems :S

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I had to do a full Windows 7 install and now everything works fine with 12.6.
    Case: Thermaltake A60
    MB: ASRock Z68 Ext3 Gen3
    CPU: i5 2500k, Windows 8.1 64 Bit
    GPU: HIS 6870 1gb
    PSU: Corsair GS 600
    SSD: Crucial M4 128g