Thread: Soloing Thorim

Soloing Thorim

So it's widely regarded that Thorim in Ulduar isn't soloable because if you leave the arena he shoots those lightning balls down the hallway which kill you.

But, is this because they just do huge amounts of damage or that they use an insta-kill mechanic? I guess what I'm asking is would they be survivable with lv90 health in MoP?

It is soloable, there are many videos that show how to get around that mechanic. Just search it on youtube

Yeah, there are ways to bug it (which will surely be fixed at some point) but I was looking for a more legitimate way to do it.

I just need to know if the balls cause damage or just trigger an instant death.

Damn

Actually, I just managed to track down the spell it uses and apparenty it's both; it deals 100k damage every 0.2 seconds AND has a seperate insta-kill.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 03:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Instant death. There are many ways to get on top of the platform (well, at least 3) while solo, but all of these but one way (the one used in videos) do not allow to kill Thorim, because he will never get into p2 even when you get on top of his platform.

That being said, there is still one way to kill him without bugs, but I'm not sure if it will count as a victory. You could theorically DPS thorim down without ever leaving the arena. He has a 99% damage reduction shield, and around 4M hp (or something approaching). Mobs are definitely tankable during enrage (I can survive for a long time at 85, at least at level 90 it's very easily survivable). It'd take multiple hours, but hey, you asked!
    Heh, between 8-11 hours by my calculations for 25man, assuming you can maintain the equivalent of at least 50k DPS (500 DPS)

A little over 2 hours for 10man.
    Last edited by Netherspark; 2012-06-30 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    Instant death. There are many ways to get on top of the platform (well, at least 3) while solo, but all of these but one way (the one used in videos) do not allow to kill Thorim, because he will never get into p2 even when you get on top of his platform.

That being said, there is still one way to kill him without bugs, but I'm not sure if it will count as a victory. You could theorically DPS thorim down without ever leaving the arena. He has a 99% damage reduction shield, and around 4M hp (or something approaching). Mobs are definitely tankable during enrage (I can survive for a long time at 85, at least at level 90 it's very easily survivable). It'd take multiple hours, but hey, you asked!
    Nope, you have to use a speed boost and bug him out in P1. We got bored when Ulduar was relevant content and he just heals up in P1 after you damage him.