Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I live in central Virginia and had 75mph winds show up seemingly out of the blue around 9pm friday night and lost some power. Luckily we got it back at 5pm today. Only damage was to a tree not near anything but thorny bushes I will have to clear out to make it firewood >_>

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to live in Merrimack, NH, and every year we'd have at least one 3-5 day period where we lost power. Every. Year.

Now that I'm down in TN, haven't had a single day without power. I'm expecting disaster at any moment.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    Maybe the other companies were busy? maybe they didn't have the money at hand during the outage... maybe... maybe...
    http://newyork.cbslocal.com/2011/11/...power-outages/
    http://ctmirror.com/story/14443/mall...sponse-outages

I didn't give a shit about my internet, it was far to cold to care about WoW, or FB ffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zakvaile View Post
    Now that I'm down in TN, haven't had a single day without power. I'm expecting disaster at any moment.
    I used to live in TN. Years back (forgetting how many its been now) there was a day in December in which fifty-six confirmed tornado touchdowns occurred (number borrowed from local weather tv report at the time). It was freaky - especially given I was driving home from work while the crap was ongoing - and passed directly underneath a still in-the-sky funnel cloud overhead.

To top that off.. I moved to Alabama a few years back for a job. Guess where I was last April when the outbreak happened? On an interstate road, trying to get to work, with a tornado literally running parallel (in the distance, off the side of the bridge) to the traffic flow. >.> Thankfully the road never became a target (would have been a sitting duck); but most of the area was without power for nearly a week easily. Big fricken mess people are still trying to recover from - my sympathies to those who lost homes and loved ones in both events.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2012-07-03 at 09:02 AM.

#FlightIsImportant