Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yakshamash View Post
    Sorry, but we (visitors and soon ex-Wow players) also want another news along Wow...
    There are other fansites out there, namely Diablofans and Guild Wars 2 Guru. If I wanted Diablo news or Guild Wars 2 news, I'll go there.

How about some equal treatment then, lets put EQ2 news up on the front page, or Age of Conan, or how about Path of Exile, since its billed as an MMOARPG?
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

Quote Originally Posted by theturn View Post
    So wait are they going back to the days where you have to log in once a day to do 5 mans to cap valor. That was about the only good change cata brought. Tuesday was main day then the rest of the week I would farm on alts or, more likely, not log on.
    lol you awnsered your own question why there changing it.

The weekly Valor Point cap is 1000, which can be reached by doing daily quests (~150+ VP per day), Random Dungeons (60 VP per day), Scenarios (30 VP per day), Challenge Modes (40-60 VP), and raiding.

So I get more VP (150) for doing quests, than I do for doing dungeons (60), or Scenarios (30), or Challenge Modes(40-60)?

I mean, REALLY? Solo play rewards the most VP?

I'm glad My sub ran out, Everything I see about this expac makes me realize this game isn't designed for me anymore.
    Reading is hard......1 daily wont give 150 a day, you only get a few VP per daily the cap is about 150 a day for dailys. Or you could do 2-4 hours raiding and hit cap.
    Not sure how you got to the conclusion of solo play giving more VP. It may give a bigger amount if you spend more time on dailys than any other ways we know at this moment (We don't know how much challenge modes or raiding gives) but raiding/harder heroics will still probably be the faster way.

Options are good for the game, if you don't have many things to do or ways to do them we might as well stay in Cata and forget about MoP.
    Right now you raid or you quit, i like the option style better tbh.

Also adding that you quit or that your a paying customer is pretty pointless and makes people think your just a crybaby, it doesn't help you get your point across.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 03:23 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    No thanks. I rather play nothing at all. Had enough of getting ripped off. But I wish you all the fun in the world with all those bots in WoW!
    lol like there wont be bots in GW2 right?.......

Also being ripped off could have a lot of different meaning like i can see a lot of people feeling ripped off with GW2 at the lack of any real character progression or end game other than pvp/looking pretty.
    I will say the pvp looks fun but for someone who like me hates questing and only really wants to kill big baddies 40 dollars seems like a better deal.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-06-30 at 07:28 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahska View Post
    I would honestly rather do a daily, then raid and still have to do mind numbing dungeons to hit cap.
    Besides there will be a few hundred daily's in mop an you wont see the same ones all the time.
    I would rather do that then do the same dungeons over and over week after week plus it cuts down on burn out.
    I don't mind people earning valor through dailies, I'm all for *options* (which was a stated goal for MoP).
    But what I don't like is to have to do *ALL* these things to hit cap.
    Given the numbers in chaud's post, you have to do dungeons and scenarios and dailies to hit cap.
    If you happen to like just one or two of the above, than you're out of luck.
    I want to be able to cap doing only dungeons just as I want people to be able to cap just by doing dailies, so everyone can be happy, and that's not the case currently.

and its two dailys twice a week, QQ more.
    Care to detail what you mean?
    Last I checked, dailies earned you 5VP, so that means 200 dailies a week to hit cap...
    Or 78 dailies if you do 7 dungeons and 7 scenarios a week...

There is alot of options on how you get to the cap now which is a very good thing, getting burnt out after 2 weeks of a new patch because you have run those same dungeons a billion times is very bad for the game.
    That's the point, it's not options anymore if you have to do both dailies, dungeons and scenarios.

If you add the obligation to connect every day for random heroic, MoP feels very regressive and takes away the few good things Cataclysm introduced.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 07:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nexsa View Post
    Raid and get gear then. Overall everything in this game is luck or grind. If you can't stand it perhaps you shouldn't be playing. :\
    I don't mind grinding... dungeons.
    That's not so much a question of grinding or not, than a question of choice (between dungeons, dailies and scenarios).

And I'm currently unsubscribed but was looking to return for MoP.
    I'm not so sure now, but maybe the numbers we've been given are still subject to change.
    Wait & see...
    Last edited by mmoce6d6578c3b; 2012-06-30 at 07:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post
    There are other fansites out there, namely Diablofans and Guild Wars 2 Guru. If I wanted Diablo news or Guild Wars 2 news, I'll go there.
    The theorycrafters are coming. We will soon have our own section on the forums!
    Don't hate <3
    Valar morghulis

Care to detail what you mean?
    Last I checked, dailies earned you 5VP, so that means 200 dailies a week to hit cap...
    Or 78 dailies if you do 7 dungeons and 7 scenarios a week...
    Yep you got me there, i read that wrong changed my last post.

That's the point, it's not options anymore if you have to do both dailies, dungeons and scenarios.

If you add the obligation to connect every day for random heroic, MoP feels very regressive and takes away the few good things Cataclysm introduced.
    Are idea's of options have two different meanings i think, i see options as having multiple things to do to hit cap instead of just one thing even if you have to do at least 2 of those things.

I'll use starwars as a example the only good way to get gear was to grind pvp points (Or whatever they were called) a lot of people i know got burnt out and quit within a month because of that.
    Sure you could raid or do dungeons but the best fastest way was to pvp. (Which was still very slow)

Maybe starwars is a bad example cause that game just sucks but the point is having more than one way to do things wont burn people out as fast and maybe patches will last longer than two weeks.
    Plus it will keep people logging in more than one day a week, that alone will be a big difference from the norm in Cata.
    That said you'll want to do more things even if that's just the LFR after the first tier anyway cause vendors no longer sell you VP gear.
    Only way to upgrade from heroics will be to run raids and upgrade that gear so you will get a good portion of that VP in those raids anyway an then you can just do your heroics to cap.

Having everyone log in 1 day a week is really bad for a mmo no matter what a small percentage of the total population like.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-06-30 at 08:04 PM.

Yep you got me there, i read that wrong changed my last post.

Are idea's of options have two different meanings i think, i see options as having multiple things to do to hit cap instead of just one thing even if you have to do at least 2 of those things.

I'll use starwars as a example the only good way to get gear was to grind pvp points (Or whatever they were called) a lot of people i know got burnt out and quit within a month because of that.
    Sure you could raid or do dungeons but the best fastest way was to pvp. (Which was still very slow)

Maybe starwars is a bad example cause that game just sucks but the point is having more than one way to do things wont burn people out as fast and maybe patches will last longer than two weeks.
    Plus it will keep people logging in more than one day a week, that alone will be a big difference from the norm in Cata.
    That said you'll want to do more things even if that's just the LFR after the first tier anyway cause vendors no longer sell you VP gear.
    Only way to upgrade from heroics will be to run raids and upgrade that gear so you will get a good portion of that VP in those raids anyway an then you can just do your heroics to cap.

Having everyone log in 1 day a week is really bad for a mmo no matter what a small percentage of the total population like.
    Aren´t we forgetting about LFR.... honestly, from the breakdown, it looks like LFR (or normal raiding) will be the real mandatory one...assuming it still rewards half the cap. If you do the LFR, then you will have a lot of options on how to get the remainder.. but if you don´t do LFR, then you are going to have to basically do everything else. Heroic every day, scenerio every day, and more than a few daily quests.

Quote Originally Posted by kurko View Post
    maybe this site should be called WoW-champion instead MMO-champion. It takes you 2 days to post the release date announcement of the most aniticipated IP of the year? cmon..
    On patch days, we only post patch notes unless it is something very major.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    The blue makes it sound like you can't do more than one random dungeon for valor per day.
    I hope I'm mistaken.
    Right now it says one per day, unlike the 7 times on live.

Quote Originally Posted by shoju View Post
    So I get more VP (150) for doing quests, than I do for doing dungeons (60), or Scenarios (30), or Challenge Modes(40-60)?

I mean, REALLY? Solo play rewards the most VP?
    If you want to spend time doing 30 quests, correct.

Quote Originally Posted by Singen View Post
    Can someone clarify this? "The weekly Valor Point cap is 1000, which can be reached by doing daily quests (~150+ VP per day), Random Dungeons (60 VP per day), Scenarios (30 VP per day), Challenge Modes (40-60 VP), and raiding." Is he saying that we won't be able to cap in a day?
    That depends on how many you can get from raiding / other sources.

Quote Originally Posted by gurv View Post
    So this means I'll have to do faction grinding just to buy valor gear?!
    And to top that I'll have to do those mind numbing awful daily quests just to reach my valor cap because dungeons (7*60) and scenarios (7*30) won't be enough?!
    The quests reward 250 or 350 rep each, with at least 4 per day, so it won't take more than ~15 days to reach revered. Golden Lotus offers many more quests per day, so it will be closer to a week or less for them. We may see something similar for the other factions. Leveling and doing the quests also means you may start out part of the way through friendly as well.

It will take you longer to collect the Valor points to buy something from the Golden Lotus than it will to reach revered.

Quote Originally Posted by lekein View Post
    chaud, you mean Humans, right? Alliance has never been a race AFAIK.
    All of the Alliance races use this screen.
    Last edited by chaud; 2012-07-01 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Silza View Post
    No thanks. I rather play nothing at all. Had enough of getting ripped off. But I wish you all the fun in the world with all those bots in WoW!
    Why are you here?

Deleted
    Guild Wars 2 is just another MMO that people think will beat Blizzard/WoW. But everyone will end up playing WoW anyways. Besides that, it looks like a girl game.

Deleted
    lol like there wont be bots in GW2 right?.......

Also being ripped off could have a lot of different meaning like i can see a lot of people feeling ripped off with GW2 at the lack of any real character progression or end game other than pvp/looking pretty.
    I will say the pvp looks fun but for someone who like me hates questing and only really wants to kill big baddies 40 dollars seems like a better deal.
    Well some companies care about their game and community and some don't. And I will be much better of with Arena-Net...much better.

I don't have to pay a monthly fee to play with bots every single day and see nothing absolutely nothing done against it. And you are right people that love raiding will not like GW2. So most of WoW players will stay in WoW which is not a bad thing if you ask me.

Thankfully it will be more like DAoC. For people who love good PvP.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    So, will EU finally get a random name generator?
    EU doesn't have a random name generator?

10+ Year Old Account
    I really hope they don't go back to having to log in daily to reach the weekly cap (outside of raiding).
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    Nope we don't. I didn't even know US had one.

Deleted
    So much for "no more valor gear"... there's 16500 valor worth of tank gear in there ! Ridiculous 1'000 weekly cap in insane !

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Granyala View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalzel View Post
    Nope we don't. I didn't even know US had one.
    I completely forgot EU didn't, so I guess it's all equal in some way. :P

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 04:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by ayashi View Post
    So much for "no more valor gear"... there's 16500 valor worth of tank gear in there ! Ridiculous 1'000 weekly cap in insane !
    There's LFR (or norm/hero), dungeon gear that may have a better setup, profession things. My point is, the stuff is not intended to be obtained quickly. If you were to go for all of that stuff (forget raiding/dungeons/proff), then yeah it'll take a little under four months to do so. That's how it is.
    Urwenn

10+ Year Old Account
    VP gear requiring reputation? Bye bye gearing up alts easily.
    Eww... I'm still working on my post traumatic stress syndrome coming from excessive deepholm questing.
    I REALLY hope that this Rep stuff will be account wide or something.....

As far as valor caps and dailies go: I will most certainly NOT do a random heroic every day again. My raidlead can QQ all he wishes. :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizz: "We don't want you to have to farm reputations to get head enchants!"
    Me: "Okay, cool, whatever."
    Blizz: "NOW YOU MUST FARM REPS FOR VP VENDORS LOL"
    Me: "..... what"

They've kind of gone back on two things I thought they were not doing this expansion, and they said they were not doing, by this act. I don't get it. Still, it doesn't really have that much of an effect on my game experience, I was gonna grind em all anyway.

EDIT: Just wanted to add, I hope they keep the rep gear current. Past tier 11 there was no point to do regular cata reps except Therazane and your head rep faction, and past tier 12 there was no reason to do firelands dailies unless you wanted cosmetic stuff or were really down on your luck in LFR..
    Last edited by WarpKnight; 2012-07-01 at 01:00 AM.

So... August 28th GW2 release date means either the week before or the week after for MoP, right

10+ Year Old Account
    As far as I'm concerned, Blizzard has its own timetable. Guild Wars 2 (SW:ToR, Rift, Aion, whatever) doesn't matter the slightest bit in that regard. -_-
    Urwenn

Quote Originally Posted by wolftech View Post
    So... August 28th GW2 release date means either the week before or the week after for MoP, right
    IIRC they usually release short before their competition or roughly a month later.