Your opinion on the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games

I bought the S.T.A.L.K.E.R. games on steam a while back and i'm now only just getting to it. But I have a lot of trouble getting into it, i've only played up to about the point where you get the flash drive from the one guy. I couldn't really say what exactly I don't like about it.

In call of pripyat:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wY3jD...eature=related at around 3:50 in mentions in the opening crawl that you have an assault rifle, and yet you start only with your pistol

Basically, it's the lack of direction is the reason I can't get into this game, and not knowing if this is gonig to be a regular shooter, or as some people have said it's scary. I feel like it's trying to be too many things, but I really want to get into it.
    Asdfgh

Its basicaly about what would you do if you happened to be in radioactive zone full of anomalies and people that will kill you for vodka. You are no superpowered soldier, you are just human.

I'd say it's an survival FPS with light RPG elements put in an open world.

Your main objective should always be in your PDA I believe, so you can never get lost. There are a few parts of the game with things that will scare the shit out of you (did for me the first time), other parts it's exploring some interesting areas. Definitley one of my fav. game series.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Play it at night with light closed and headphones at max and u will understand. Also check ur pda.

Shadow of Chernobyl was good fun for me. Although I do not like scary things though, so that made me hesitant to play further at times >_< I found it fun just exploring
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    "Idiocracy" becoming reality in the US, "Planet of the Apes" becoming a reality in Europe.

Deleted
    I'm not sure whether it's well known or not, but it is better to play the first S.T.A.L.K.E.R on the highest difficulty. This is because for some stupid reason there is a chance both yours and your enemies' bullets disappear/ miss the target completely on anything below that.

Deleted
    I like that game, just the loading screen done my head in, On both My PC which are pretty high end, Then just lost interest..

It's a challenging shooter with open world, AMAZING atmosphere and over 9000 bugs. Great game overall.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

To really enjoy the game you should download the mods for it called Stalker Complete, there is one for SoC and CoP, these mods add alot to the game!

Deleted
    FPS game with some RPG elements to it, nothing major but not still entertaining enough. The first one is one of the best games to date according to my oppinion. I spent so much time in there... And I loved it. The later games never really got me so much, I just ran through them.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by namelessone View Post
    It's a challenging shooter with open world, AMAZING atmosphere and over 9000 bugs. Great game overall.
    Still less bugs than TES games :d. TBH only thing that really bugged me was kinda weird AI, which was totally useless on lesser difficulties in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by AFK-Champion View Post
    Still less bugs than TES games :d. TBH only thing that really bugged me was kinda weird AI, which was totally useless on lesser difficulties in my opinion.
    Original AI was actualy so good that they had to tone it down.

Shadow of Chernobyl (with Complete conversion mod) was, and still is, one of the best and the most atmospheric games i've ever played. Everything about that game hooked me in and didn't let me go till the very end. It was easy for me to get immersed in the game world which seemed quite realistic and believable.
    But i understand where the op is coming from.. A friend of mine with which i share the gaming taste to the dot, couldn't get into the game either. I mean literally any game he likes, i'll like as well, and vice versa, except for STALKER. He said the same thing as you did TC, he just couldn't get into it and that's that.

Shadow of Chernobyl is an amazing game. It is highly immersive and just all-around good. I wouldn't call it a horror game so much as a survival game. Don't get me wrong, certain things in the game did scare me (but I also get scared by a lot of things in games...) but the main focus of the game, for me, was surviving. Keep trying, OP. It's a great experience once you do get into it.

I did what some of you recommended, turning the difficulty to master, and installing the complete pack. Giving this game a second chance, i'm liking it so far, but all the weapons i have just feel like peashooters, I get the feeling that I'm not suppose to be able to run around killing whatever I please, but having to shoot a dog 10 times with a pistol to kill it seems excessive. But overall I'm starting to like it a bit better.
    Asdfgh

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Franuki View Post
    but all the weapons i have just feel like peashooters, I get the feeling that I'm not suppose to be able to run around killing whatever I please, but having to shoot a dog 10 times with a pistol to kill it seems excessive
    That's weird, I liked the way weapons felt there quite a lot. As for dogs only case when you need to unload whole clip on them is when it's pseudodog (the one with big eyes and teeth, which is actually quite powerful mutant) or simply because you miss a lot.

Deleted
    Clear Sky doesn't exist though.

Right guys?

RIGHT?!

*Rolls into a ball and sobs*

Quote Originally Posted by CHALET View Post
    Clear Sky doesn't exist though.

Right guys?

RIGHT?!

*Rolls into a ball and sobs*
    Oh, if only.

Deleted
    dislike the art style and found it hard to get into after a few years of my first play through... imo didnt age well at all. I loved it first time round.. really shocking how much i dislike it now though.