Thread: CnC Generals 2

CnC Generals 2

Well, its not really far into developement, but any feelings about it so far?

personally i have a rather bad feeling about it, considerring that we had so many dev teams working on the series as whole,
    and given what happened lately with the franchise of command and conquer, and thoughts?

Generals 1 was a really solid game, and it surely can't be worse than C&C4. One of the biggest problems with the last C&C games was how they were rushed out with not enough development time to polish them. With this one they at least appear to be taking their time.

The only real issue I have with it is Origin.

Red Alert 3 wasn't bad, I don't see the gripe...

Deleted
    I'm looking very much forward to it. I posted on the other post just to bump it up and see more people talk, lots of mixed reactions on how it will turn out. (OMG Bioware is making an RTS LOLZ) kinda posts. Still play generals 1 now alot, though i'm not exactly good.

Generals 1 was a great game, and Tiberean \Sun was one of my personal favorite RTS's of all time. I've always been a big fan of CnC so i will end up getting Generals 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    CnC was my childhood for games pretty much, played Red Alert for countless hours. Played Yuri's Revenge for god knows how long as well, also brushed on Tiberian Sun/Firestorm and played a little bit of Generals/Zero hour. I thought the first Generals was solid, not as good as the classics but pretty good, RA3 was a disappointment for me so I gave up on CnC as a whole since the games are so different now (and not in a good way), although I'd likely give Generals 2 a chance since I am unbelievably bored right now.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Imhotep View Post
    Red Alert 3 wasn't bad, I don't see the gripe...
    Compared to C&C 4 - no. Compared to Red Alert 2 - yes.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 01:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkeeee View Post
    I'm looking very much forward to it. I posted on the other post just to bump it up and see more people talk, lots of mixed reactions on how it will turn out. (OMG Bioware is making an RTS LOLZ) kinda posts. Still play generals 1 now alot, though i'm not exactly good.
    Hey, as long as I can romance my tanks...

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I think we should start hyping it now... As hard as we can.

So when it comes out we are disappointed.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

I'm personally really looking forward to Generals 2. The RTS genre is already in a very desperate state where they are dying off, but with games like SC2 and Generals 2 they can let the genre shine again.

C&C4 was a major dissapointment, we all expected a great ending for Kane, but suddenly it ended up with Kane being an alien wanting to go to his home world.... seriously. In the older Tiberium games, Kane intended to plague the entire world with Tiberium to build up his ultimate army and dominate the world. Thats what made the Brotherhood of Nod so memorable to me.

Generals 1 was an amazing game to play, especially the LAN parties. Hopefully Generals 2 will bring back those enjoyments, with a better singleplayer.

As for Red Alert 3, the game wasn't that bad. I've finished all campaigns a few times with real life friends in co-op. Red Alert 2 is stilll the best C&C, even the best RTS game to this day.

Did not like Red Alert 3 because it focused too much on micro. C&C3 struck a good balance though, and together with Kane's Wrath it's among my all time fav C&Cs. The competitive scene was also good while it lasted and I had a lot of fun watching replays.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Lazy Gecko View Post
    Did not like Red Alert 3 because it focused too much on micro. C&C3 struck a good balance though, and together with Kane's Wrath it's among my all time fav C&Cs. The competitive scene was also good while it lasted and I had a lot of fun watching replays.
    What I truly disliked with RA3 was all the gimmicks - Every faction had a billion odd units which did all sorts of wierd things, and every unit had abilities... Urgh, I missed having truly big, strong units instead of an army of oddlings.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

This is what we currently know of the game:

- Command and Conquer Generals is the best selling game in the C&C franchise

- Victory Games has been rebranded as BioWare Victory

- Generals 2 takes place ten years after the events in Generals

- Environment will be fully destructible.

- Generals 2 is being developed by BioWare

- The release is planned for sometime in 2013

- Pre-orders are being accepted for $59.99 (USD)

- There will be three unique factions, only two of which are known at this time. The EU and GLA. The third faction is to be announced.

- There will be downloadable content in the form of maps, units, factions, and campaigns

- The game engine is Frostbite 2

- There will be base building and traditional RTS play

- Generals 2 will feature a story/campaign mode

Story:

In the near future, world leaders are mere seconds from signing a global treaty and bringing an end to war as we know it when a devastating terrorist attack rips through the peace conference, killing all in attendance. In a world left with no politicians, diplomats, or activists, only the Generals remain. It’s up to you to assume their roles, command of their forces, and put an end to global terrorism once and for all.

Features:

All-out War – Take control of three unique factions, competing for resources, building up your base of operation, and leading massive batteries of tanks, soldiers, and aircraft into battle.

Uncanny Sense of Realism – Frostbite 2 technology allows for visceral, visually stunning conflict at an epic scale. Incredibly detailed units and environments, dynamic physics, and exhilarating visual effects bring the battle to life in ways never before seen. This is the closest thing to real war without the consequences.

New Ways to Dominate or Ally with your Friends – Go beyond classic deathmatch with a selection of new multiplayer game modes, designed with both cooperative and competitive play in mind.

Thrilling Campaign – Command the war on terror in an electrifying single-player campaign. Experience the dramatic story from multiple perspectives—from heroic General to crazed terrorist—while engaging the enemy in pulse-pounding tactical combat.

Ever-evolving Experience – Enhance your game with an expanding array of downloadable content. From maps and units to factions, campaigns, and more, the fight against terrorism is deeper than ever.

15+ Year Old Account
    It's the company making it that's bothering me. Are any of the original people making it or is it a Bioware team?

Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    It's the company making it that's bothering me. Are any of the original people making it or is it a Bioware team?
    If you mean Westwood as the original people, probably a few of them. When Westwood got shutdown, half of the team worked joined another studio to work on future C&C titles, while the other half left EA to work in Petroglyph.

Jon Van Caneghem is the head Bioware Victory, along with (most likely) Bioware, Victory Games and a few Westwood people