Poll: Who would win?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    Arcanine. Squee!
    Also yes.
    Zoro'd easily defeat armies of Bat...men.
    Well, obviously he'd beat an army of Batmen, Batman works best alone, even in Justice League he tends to do his own thing.

I'm voting Batman.

wow really (in regards to lecarcus since i cant link images)......i wish i could link images shame that since i havent posted enough (i have no idea how many posts i have to do before i can) but Batman did kill Superman in the 1991 Superman annual, in which Waverider viewed a possible future (in the far-off year of 2001 ) where Superman became a totalitarian ruler of the world. The end was a Dark Knight homage in which Batman uses a kryptonite ring to kill Superman. Annuals from Adventures of Superman and Action comics later showed that Waverider's observation of this future caused changes to Superman, changing his future.

Quote Originally Posted by Solseka View Post
    wow really (in regards to lecarcus since i cant link images)......i wish i could link images shame that since i havent posted enough (i have no idea how many posts i have to do before i can) but Batman did kill Superman in the 1991 Superman annual, in which Waverider viewed a possible future (in the far-off year of 2001 ) where Superman became a totalitarian ruler of the world. The end was a Dark Knight homage in which Batman uses a kryptonite ring to kill Superman. Annuals from Adventures of Superman and Action comics later showed that Waverider's observation of this future caused changes to Superman, changing his future.
    Never said Batman's not badass. And it wasn't Superman that killed Batman in that picture, he was just holding the body. In fact, Superman gets so angry it causes him to unlock a new power, (super scream) which he uses to kill Darkseid, the one that killed Batman.

Zoro is best described as a samurai pirate who possesses monstrous qualities being able to cut through steel, slice and toss buildings, and cut warships in half. He has an attack that manipulates air current to literally project an air cannon blast giving him a ranged attack. He can leap very high and hes agile enough to dodge and deflect bullets, he has also dodged beams at the speed of light. He has ridiculous stamina and has survived absorbing damage his captain sustained during a fight(which knocked him out) in addition to his own wounds. He is confirmed to be a haki user and it's hinted he has Kenbunshoku Haki, which grants him an augmented 6th sense allowing him to sense the location of his enemies and perceive incoming attacks in premonitions. Its also implied he has Busoshoku Haki, which makes him even stronger by coating himself in invisible armor.

Even though Batman is very crafty and has taken superhuman opponents down, I find it hard to believe he can take down Zoro because Batman would not be able to hide or plan out attacks on him because of his augmented sense and premonitions and he certainly would not be able to fight toe to toe because of Zoro's ridiculous strength and stamina.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post
    Zoro is best described as a samurai pirate who possesses monstrous qualities being able to cut through steel, slice and toss buildings, and cut warships in half. He has an attack that manipulates air current to literally project an air cannon blast giving him a ranged attack. He can leap very high and hes agile enough to dodge and deflect bullets, he has also dodged beams at the speed of light. He has ridiculous stamina and has survived absorbing damage his captain sustained during a fight(which knocked him out) in addition to his own wounds. He is confirmed to be a haki user and it's hinted he has Kenbunshoku Haki, which grants him an augmented 6th sense allowing him to sense the location of his enemies and perceive incoming attacks in premonitions. Its also implied he has Busoshoku Haki, which makes him even stronger by coating himself in invisible armor.

Even though Batman is very crafty and has taken superhuman opponents down, I find it hard to believe he can take down Zoro because Batman would not be able to hide or plan out attacks on him because of his augmented sense and premonitions and he certainly would not be able to fight toe to toe because of Zoro's ridiculous strength and stamina.
    But alas, popularity decides the outcome here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Brofl View Post

The latest episode has also implied this, after Luffy used his Conqueror's haki on the 50,000 fishmen Zoro was impressed and stated "It's a good thing my captain can do this or he would have to step down as leader." Which imo says that Zoro can use both the basic hakis (which Luffy can already use.) and the only reason why Luffy still surpasses him is because of the Conqueror's haki.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seelenjaeger View Post
    But alas, popularity decides the outcome here.
    Well, in my case, I'm voting for the one I don't know. Fuck Batman and his living Deus Ex Machina.

10+ Year Old Account
    In the manga, Luffy implies both Zoro and Sanji can use the armor haki, since they were discussing how to take on a Logia user.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoma View Post
    In the manga, Luffy implies both Zoro and Sanji can use the armor haki, since they were discussing how to take on a Logia user.
    Chapter 668, aye.
    He clearly states they can, plus we know or at least can strongly assume Zoro also has observation haki (probably awoke during the fight with Mr.1 in Alabasta), so yeah.
    More than just superhuman strength, speed and stamina, incredible melee abilities, ranged attacks, knowing where his enemies attacks will hit and absolutely superhuman pain tolerance against ... what, exactly? Just the peak abilities of human limits and a few gadgets? :/

10+ Year Old Account
    Gumdrop House, Lollipop Lane, Happy Land.
    I don't know Roronoa Zoro, so had to have a read of the description and a read through the thread to make a judgement.

Now, if the fight took place in a 'normal' environment - say a town or city - I'd have no doubt that Batman would win. His strengths seems to lie in planning, surprise, misdirection and mind games (saying that, I don't know Batman that well either).
    I imagine these contests being a kind of knock down, drag out fight though (think Celebrity Death Match ) - so Batman doesn't get to play to his strengths and based on what I've read here, I reckon this Zoro chap might just win it.

So voted Zoro.

(also this contest seems a lot more interesting than the other one - actually having to think about it is nice, instead of just thinking *sigh* another god-like being of unimaginable power *click vote*)
    Last edited by Kerath; 2012-07-03 at 10:26 AM.
    Avatar and signature made by ELYPOP

15+ Year Old Account
    not knowing zoro, and only erally knowing batman from the various films etc

i think it would depend on the place/situation etc

if it was just ina void (hyperbolic time chamber etc) I'd have to go zoro having read everything so far, if it were in gotham city, considering the batmans previous oponents etc I'd say he could find a way to beat zoro, but purely based on his more "ninja" style abilities etc, in a straight up fight, zoro . .

hard one to call imo

15+ Year Old Account
    Voted for Batman as I think he would eventually find a way to defeat Zorro.

Tho I think that anime/manga characters would be better off with their own showdown as they tend to get ridiculously OP due to the genre they come from.

I am a Mage.
    Avatar shamelessly stolen from Deviant Art, all credit to the author
    Phailah|Forged|Drak'thul EU