Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

End Game Content.

There has been a lot of statements about the lack of end game content in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently SW:TOR has -
    • 4 Warzones
    • 16 Hard Mode Flashpoints
    • 3 Operations
    • 3 World Bosses (1 lvl 49 2 lvl 50's not counting the lower level ones as end game content)

In time these numbers would increase however I would like to hear what else players would like added to the list of End Game Content.

As for my addition I'd like to toss in more mini games such as Swoop Racing & Pazzak.

I have to agree. I don't know what people mean by "no end game." The problem i had before 1.3 was in finding enough people to run PvE content. That was a population and LFG tool problem, not a content problem. SWTOR has more content than WoW did in the 1st six months. So could someone who says their is no end game please explain what they mean? Do you mean that it doesn't have 7+ years of content development? Well, duh.

Deleted
    Even more considering most of those people can't even complete said content.

I personally don't care for swoop racing, but I would love to see Pazaak. Being able to play against other players and actually bet credits would be awesome.

Picture a flashpoint where the bosses are made up of the characters in your legacy of the opposing faction.

That's something I hope they implement some day.

Deleted
    I agree on Pazaak. That'd be so awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by noahjam326 View Post
    I personally don't care for swoop racing, but I would love to see Pazaak. Being able to play against other players and actually bet credits would be awesome.
    Did I mention the races will be against other players?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    Picture a flashpoint where the bosses are made up of the characters in your legacy of the opposing faction.

That's something I hope they implement some day.
    Not sure how how they'd implement that. How do we determine who's characters will be used. What would happen if the entire group never made characters on the opposing faction or not enough for the allocated bosses? If you got a layout of the story/reasoning behind it and how it'll be implemented I'd be greatly interested in hearing.

Quote Originally Posted by Xcitement View Post
    Not sure how how they'd implement that. How do we determine who's characters will be used. What would happen if the entire group never made characters on the opposing faction or not enough for the allocated bosses?
    If such a monumentally sad event were to occur then they could either have a generic set of bosses or completely randomized bosses.
    If you got a layout of the story/reasoning behind it and how it'll be implemented I'd be greatly interested in hearing.
    Well I don't have any detailed ideas on the matter, but I suppose a rather simple example would be a V shaped map where there's a Republic drop ship at one end and an Empire drop ship at the other. When they get halfway to the vertex they encounter an enemy boss, another boss at the vertex, another boss halfway to the enemy ship, another boss outside the ship, and a final boss inside the ship.

The idea is that the first 4 bosses will be characters from the group's legacies and the last boss is the opposing faction's quest giver for the flashpoint.

The story would be something along the lines of [quest giver] has commissioned your group to help in the recovery of [plot device], but it turns out [opposing faction] is also looking for the [plot device] and has sent in their own team. The opposing team gets there first and is taking the [plot device] back to their ship and you chase them and wind up picking them off one by one until you board their ship and take on the enemy [quest giver].

I should put more thought into this, but that's the gist of the idea.

Did I mention the races will be against other players?

Swoop Racing wasn't my favorite activity in KoTOR so I don't imagine that would change much :P.

I have been a bit shy on the group content and have been leveling alts until the LFG was introduced. Even with that I haven't seen or done some Flash points.

Would love to see more mini-games and achievement system little similar to the one in WoW ( I don't know why, but I found that to be quite addictive )

There has been a lot of statements about the lack of end game content in Star Wars: The Old Republic. Currently SW:TOR has -
    • 4 Warzones
    • 3 Operations
    • 3 World Bosses (1 lvl 49 2 lvl 50's not counting the lower level ones as end game content)

In time these numbers would increase however I would like to hear what else players would like added to the list of End Game Content.

As for my addition I'd like to toss in more mini games such as Swoop Racing & Pazzak.
    What I want?

Off rails space combat.
    8v8 space dog fights.
    4m space flash points.
    8/16m space operations.
    Fill Ilum with NPCs and make it into an alterac valley where the NPCs compensate for faction imbalance. Players would gather things like armor scraps, when they have enough they would initiate a "push" and NPCs would attack the next position (war riders. LOK TAR). Everything that was fun in AV was thrown out. I miss summoning Invus and Lok, the war riders, unlocking bombers. It should be like that... Just constantly. The further you get into enemy territory the stronger their defenses so it would just be a constant push and carnage of epic proportions followed by being routed by the enemy since they would be getting crazy resources from murdering you guys by the handfuls and thus launch constant attacks against you.

So... space and perpetual world pvp. That.
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    8v8 space dog fights.
    The moment they said they were working on Capital Ships to work as sort of a guild hall the first thing I thought of was how awesome a Space Combat Operation centered around capital ships would be. Even with the limitations of their rail system(which, honestly, I don't think is too terrible a thing. I take space combat for what it is in this game; a minor distraction and a quick way to get a daily exp dose while leveling).

Deleted
    • 4 Warzones
    • 3 Operations

the amount of endgame content doesnt matter if it's just a weak rip off from WoW... it's the quality that matters

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    the amount of endgame content doesnt matter if it's just a weak rip off from WoW... it's the quality that matters
    My question is what would you like to see.
    Last edited by Xcitement; 2012-07-01 at 03:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiseone View Post
    You got that right except SWTOR is so much more than WoW, the PvP is so much better, graphics, companions, Legacy, Fun endgame, much better community ( not all the 13 year old Chuck Norris crap) superb maintenance days, no full days without logging in year after year, New content and Patches all the time, not stuck in terrible Cata for 8 boring months, fun questing without all the lame elves and ferries running around! Not sure where you think Bioware (ripped off WoW who ripped off many before them) because Biowares endgame is fun, WoWs is a rehash year after year after year
    Last edited by Miah; 2012-07-01 at 03:28 AM.

As far as complaints about end game content go, the only really good complaints (imo) are that the ops were too buggy and not challenging when the game was first released. In fact the hardest part about Soa was often just dealing with the bugs

However, they have fixed nearly every bug in the ops and I don't think I have seen any in Denova at all. Plus Denova is a good increase in difficulty, not quite where they need to be yet but if they keep going the way they are with the next ops I think we will be in a good place.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    As far as complaints about end game content go, the only really good complaints (imo) are that the ops were too buggy and not challenging when the game was first released. In fact the hardest part about Soa was often just dealing with the bugs

However, they have fixed nearly every bug in the ops and I don't think I have seen any in Denova at all. Plus Denova is a good increase in difficulty, not quite where they need to be yet but if they keep going the way they are with the next ops I think we will be in a good place.
    Keep in mind that the Nightmare difficulty for EC has yet to be released. I hope it is sometime soon because both my Guild and myself are bored of farming HM EC. When you're rolling on gear for your companions, you know something is wrong.

At any rate, this was only Hardmode... and they said they wanted to make Nightmare an actual nightmare to experience. Since they are taking so long to release it, I feel they are adding a few twists for us (such as new abilities on bosses, etc). I have faith in Bioware on this. They've really picked up and ran with all the feedback regarding EV and then KP.

That's true Forsear, though at E3 they said they are redo'ing nightmare modes... which, well who knows what that means but I am wondering if they might have scraped the whole nightmare mode EC idea all together and we'll get the next raid with all three difficulties and somehow nightmare mode will be significantly different than it is on ev and kp.

One thing that makes me really happy though is they said they are tuning things moving foreward to be so that you can go from hardmode tier x to hardmode tier y, instead of having to back track into an easier mode. Nothing makes a raid get boring quicker to me than having to farm it on one difficulty just to turn around and farm it again on another. I basically want to be able to farm out a raid and get people their gear and then move on to the next thing. But ofcourse that is just in my little perfect world

10+ Year Old Account
    Haha I agree! It felt so monotonous in other games to have to clear the 'easy mode' in order to get to the hard content. I am looking forward to what they have in store for us. I've noticed the change in content starting with Eternity Vault to the current content, Explosive Conflict. Its just a big transition and multiple steps in the right direction. Lets hope they keep up that momentum going forward and progressively giving us the same (if not better) content. I know they're not done challenging us though!

I would like to see an ops boss that is a Krayt Dragon. (the model better look awesome...)