Thread: New gaming pc

Deleted

New gaming pc

Hi everyone

I am about to buy a new gaming PC, but need some help and oppinions.
    The Pc will cost about 2.554$ - is it worth?

Motherboard: Asrock X79 EXTREME7 SATA6 Quad DDR3

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz 10MB Box S2011

Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 til 775/1156/1366/AM2+3

RAM: 4x Corsair DDR3 PC1600 4GB CL9 VENGEANCE LP

HDD: Seagate Barracula 1TB SATA6 64MB 7200RPM

Graphiccard: Sapphire Radeon PCI-E HD7950 3GB DDR5

DVD: Samsung SH-222BB DVDRW SATA 22x black

Kabinet: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower

PSU: Corsair AX Series 850W AX850 80+ Gold

Monitor: Asus 24" VS248H FullHD 2ms VGA/DVI/HDMI

Soundcard: Creative SB X-FI Extreme Audio PCI bulk

Netcard: TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000

10+ Year Old Account
    First thing. You do NOT need an i7 for gaming. Get an i5 3570k. Graphics card: you do not need 3 GB. 1 GB is fine if there is only one monitor. You only need a 500 watt PSU (which is still way more than you need) for a build with only one GPU.

Just from the way you posted this, I think you copied and pasted it from a computer building store online. >.<

Deleted
    I think you can save a few bucks and invest in other components (such as a 120hz monitor if you play FPS games a lot or other things) if your new machine should be only a gaming rig. As others will mention you don't need an i7 3820/x79 platform.

Deleted
    Thanks to both of you . I am however open for more critics.
    Last edited by mmoc01e48b0f32; 2012-06-30 at 05:39 PM.

Deleted
    Where are you going to buy your PC/components and are you assembling it yourself or the shop?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    First thing. You do NOT need an i7 for gaming. Get an i5 3570k. Graphics card: you do not need 3 GB. 1 GB is fine if there is only one monitor. You only need a 500 watt PSU (which is still way more than you need) for a build with only one GPU.

Just from the way you posted this, I think you copied and pasted it from a computer building store online. >.<
    While it's true 1gb vram is good enough for most games right now, it likely won't be in the future. For instance, you can't run BF3 in highest settings on 1gb of vram [1920x1080], and considering there's probably heavier games on the lookout in the future, I'd recommend a 1.5 or 2gb card.

Deleted
    The shop is going to assemble for me.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 05:48 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    While it's true 1gb vram is good enough for most games right now, it likely won't be in the future. For instance, you can't run BF3 in highest settings on 1gb of vram [1920x1080], and considering there's probably heavier games on the lookout in the future, I'd recommend a 1.5 or 2gb card.
    Yeah, I am thinking about the future games as well - as I don't want to spend a lot of money again, to upgrade my components. Thanks Diesta.

Deleted
    As the others said you don't need that much VRAM for gaming on a single 1920x1080 monitor, or an i7 for gaming.

You don't need 16 GB of RAM for gaming either, and the extra set of DIMMs will hurt your ability to overclock. Since you're spending so much you should definitely look at getting an SSD at large enough for for the OS and programs (60 GB is the minimum I'd say, my fresh install of Windows 7 with around 40 small programs is 22 GB, after SP2 and other updates it will balloon in size) and if you want faster load times in games then you'll want a larger one of course. I'm not sure about that soundcard, it'll be fine for gaming I guess, but I expect there's much better for listening to audio/movies. You don't need a network card unless you want the extra port, your motherboard certainly has 1 Gbit Ethernet built in, which is likely better than that card. I also hate the HAF cases, so damn ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by Diesta View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jakobdg View Post
    Yeah, I am thinking about the future games as well - as I don't want to spend a lot of money again, to upgrade my components. Thanks Diesta.
    When that does happen it's likely the graphics card will simply not be powerful enough to run the game at those settings anyway. You cannot future-proof performance reliant computer hardware, they change too fast and are improved too quickly. Every six months or so new parts will be released that are better than what you buy now, no matter how much you spend.
    Last edited by mmocca70d558a3; 2012-06-30 at 05:56 PM.

Deleted
    Thanks everyone. I have now modified the components, before buying it. Wouldn't have done it, without you guys

Deleted
    After you followed the adjustments of emanresu you should be able to buy at least an SSD (Intel, Samsung, Crucial should be the brands to go) with 128 GB (install OS and your most used programmes/games). Everything else depends on your budget (but I think it's at least $ 2600,- or am I wrong?)/your retailer.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post

He is linking the specs on their site asking if its worth it, dont be so quick to judge.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 06:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by jakobdg View Post
    Hi everyone

I am about to buy a new gaming PC, but need some help and oppinions.
    The Pc will cost about 2.554$ - is it worth?

Motherboard: Asrock X79 EXTREME7 SATA6 Quad DDR3

CPU: Intel Core i7 3820 3.6GHz 10MB Box S2011

Cooler: Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 til 775/1156/1366/AM2+3

RAM: 4x Corsair DDR3 PC1600 4GB CL9 VENGEANCE LP

HDD: Seagate Barracula 1TB SATA6 64MB 7200RPM

Graphiccard: Sapphire Radeon PCI-E HD7950 3GB DDR5

DVD: Samsung SH-222BB DVDRW SATA 22x black

Kabinet: Cooler Master HAF X Full Tower

PSU: Corsair AX Series 850W AX850 80+ Gold

Monitor: Asus 24" VS248H FullHD 2ms VGA/DVI/HDMI

Soundcard: Creative SB X-FI Extreme Audio PCI bulk

Netcard: TRENDnet TEG-PCITXR Gigabit Ethernet 10/100/1000
    This is about the right price for the parts. Google the motherboard to make sure if the NetCard comes built in or not if its not built in its not needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kouki View Post
    He is linking the specs on their site asking if its worth it, dont be so quick to judge.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 06:03 PM ----------

This is about the right price for the parts. Google the motherboard to make sure if the NetCard comes built in or not if its not built in its not needed.
    There is no need for the netcard that motherboard comes with dual gigabit nics ....http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16813157284
    You Can't C Me!!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    As the others said you don't need that much VRAM for gaming on a single 1920x1080 monitor, or an i7 for gaming.

You don't need 16 GB of RAM for gaming either, and the extra set of DIMMs will hurt your ability to overclock. Since you're spending so much you should definitely look at getting an SSD at large enough for for the OS and programs (60 GB is the minimum I'd say, my fresh install of Windows 7 with around 40 small programs is 22 GB, after SP2 and other updates it will balloon in size) and if you want faster load times in games then you'll want a larger one of course. I'm not sure about that soundcard, it'll be fine for gaming I guess, but I expect there's much better for listening to audio/movies. You don't need a network card unless you want the extra port, your motherboard certainly has 1 Gbit Ethernet built in, which is likely better than that card. I also hate the HAF cases, so damn ugly.

When that does happen it's likely the graphics card will simply not be powerful enough to run the game at those settings anyway. You cannot future-proof performance reliant computer hardware, they change too fast and are improved too quickly. Every six months or so new parts will be released that are better than what you buy now, no matter how much you spend.
    It's already happening now, with Battlefield 3. A 560 ti 1.5gig or higher version can run it on the highest settings at 1080p, albeit probably not at capped fps 24/7, but it'd run and be very playable. Future proofing is not just getting the best of the best, it's getting your money's worth for as long as you can.

Quote Originally Posted by emanresu View Post
    I am already using way over 1GB video memory while playing Max Payne 3 or Battlefield 3, that is with a single 1920x1200 monitor.

To OP. Get rid of the 2011 platform, get a Socket 1155 motherboard like a z77 and a nice i5/i7 CPU. Remove that netcard, all proper motherboards come with decent 1Gbit NIC. Replace the 7950 with a Nvidia GTX670 or if you have more money go for a Radeon 7970 or Nvidia 680.
    Last edited by n0cturnal; 2012-06-30 at 11:13 PM.