Thread: HAT in MOP PvP

HAT in MOP PvP

Any other specs rely on people near them for their resources?

Original HAT was put in place SPECIFICALLY (stated by GC) to address the issue of a spec that was given all the pvp tools also being handed too much damage. The idea was that HAT would make sub be able to do raid damage in raids, but not in pvp.

But in that world, sub had cheat death, energetic recup, prep, shadowstep, and lower cooldowns on all the moves than the other specs. In other words, sub WAS the pvp tree. These abilities stuck around into Cata- the other trees got pvp stuff too, but overall not like sub.

Going into MOP, only sub rogues keep this distinction. Only a sub rogue attacking a target will have less combo points than his spec is designed around, but no longer does his spec bring ANY extra survivability, gap closing, cooldowns, cooldown reduction, or anything of the sort. At the same time, HAT is having limits placed on it- must be in combat. Must be unstealthed.

I think we need HAT to read:

While in combat and unstealthed, you gain one combo point every two seconds.

or every 2.5, or whatever

Can any rogue mains give me a reason why this is inadvisable?

Again, specifically, I am not looking for butt-hurt rogue haters who lose on live, I am looking for people who play rogues to disagree with me here if I'm wrong on this.

I think that it's VERY odd that such a big part of sub's damage would be made conditional on being in a group, when all the compensatory buffs were removed entirely- along with the extra crit chance, even widening the number of HAT combo points that are self generated.

---------- Post added 2012-06-27 at 08:01 PM ----------

Hrm. Maybe it's because shadow dance can be used to stun and silence?

Deleted
    Interesting point, actually. I suspect it might be related to the same (bound to be retarded) reason they're balancing the entire class around having 2 separate choices of talents, yet being balanced with both in mind. On that note, maybe they're keeping our CP generation in check via HAT because we're still capable of having both mobility and utility... Albeit not at once... Or at all...

Hey, it's crazy, I know... But... It's Blizz...

Well it's like you said, no extra crit on ambush/BS and it being the first season of the xpack (low crit) will give us a low amount of extra combo points from ourselves. I agree it's a stupid mechanic, just like TotT is (imo). I don't think giving those combo points for free would work either though, I don't have beta so I can't speak of the difficulty we have of keeping up recup and s&d. I'd rather see the extra crit added back to our abilities and giving all rogue specs seal fate though. And removing the SS proc on RS and HaT ofcourse.

I made a thread pointing it out in the beta forums.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...8207119?page=1

It just seems strange to have such a distinction between pvp and pve, when no other rogue spec (and honestly, I think no other spec) is living by those restrictions. I remember when GC posted that HAT was meant to add a lot to raids and not much to arenas, and with sub having SO MANY tools over other specs, at the time that made sense.

it's funny how the entirety of rogue pvp utility in mop is the distribution of cata sub rogue talents/spells.

I dont find that funny at all I think they need to bring back the uniqueness of the class.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by creativereck View Post
    I dont find that funny at all I think they need to bring back the uniqueness of the class.
    and how ? this game is no longer about having uniqueness.. its about "bring the PLAYER not the class"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ripslyme View Post
    and how ? this game is no longer about having uniqueness.. its about "bring the PLAYER not the class"
    Even that doesn't apply any longer, at least to the rogue class. With 80% passive damage it's more like, "Bring the game and not the player."

Deleted
    Soon enough they'll just merge all classes into one.

Quote Originally Posted by yolmez86 View Post
    it's funny how the entirety of rogue pvp utility in mop is the distribution of cata sub rogue talents/spells.
    Arguably, burst of speed is a mutated improved sprint, and deadly brew is from A.