Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

The 'Best' Of DOS Gaming!

Hey guys just saw this and it brought back some great memories of gaming when I was younger thought I'd post it and hopefully do the same for you! Any games that aren't listed that you loved feel free to share too

http://information2share.files.wordp...-dos-games.jpg

(Sorry for having to put a link, but the picture was way too big :P)

Didn't check the link. But I'm going to vote for Wing Commander 1-4 + Privateer. Master of Magic. Warcraft 1-2. X Wing, Tie Fighter, Ultima 7 both parts, Silent Service 2, Hot Rod (old racing game), andddddd lets throw in Blood and Duke Nukem 3d for some FPS games.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    One Must *FUCKIN'* Fall!

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One Must *FUCKIN'* Fall!
    Oh. My. God.

Someone else played it too!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Oh. My. God.

Someone else played it too!
    OF COURSE! It was the first game I ever played, I always played as Raven and used the tiny robot with flail-arms... 'Twas awesome!
    HERE YOU GO! /watch?v=srF2iStKVtc

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    One Must *FUCKIN'* Fall!
    My dad actually banned me from playing that game until i bought a Gravis Gamepad because i broke 2 keyboards playing it.
    Originally Posted by Zarhym
    It does no one any good to make GhostCrawler the scapegoat for all design decisions you disapprove of. Not how reality works.
    https://twitter.com/CM_Zarhym/status/275712376840531968

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirreludecker View Post
    My dad actually banned me from playing that game until i bought a Gravis Gamepad because i broke 2 keyboards playing it.
    Hah funny, I was told to stop smashing the buttons when playing as well hehe.

Deleted
    EDIT: Nvm, it was there - I was just blind.

I had totally forgotten about "Stunts" until I saw it on that list.

So much nostalgia.

Edit: And Scorched Earth. I spent countless hours on that game.
    Last edited by Pitchkart; 2012-06-30 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pitchkart View Post
    I had totally forgotten about "Stunts" until I saw it on that list.

So much nostalgia.
    Yeah that game was great, making your own tracks, I liked using the F1 car and using the weird O track that was a big loop and seeing how airborne I could get.

It's a good list. I'm glad obscurities like Albion were mentioned. I played the demo back in the day and even that felt pretty massive. Some games they missed were Stargunner, one of the last (if not the last) DOS 2D game released by Apogee/3D Realms in 1996, it's a great shmup. Ecstatica is also an awesome medieval survival horror game.

Oh Sierra and Classic LucasArts... how I miss thee.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm old SSI games.. Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Radiance, and the of Krynn (i think champions, death knights, dark queen but not sure) series and such?

No?

Brought me good entertainment..

hell, so many games! just skimming through the list, so many memorable, lasting games.

Colonization, Civilization, Dark Forces, Day of the Tentacle, Larry, Death Rally, Battle Chess, Doom, Duke Nukem, Dune2, Heroes, Lemmings.... so many amazing games :|

Quote Originally Posted by Jeina View Post
    Oh Sierra and Classic LucasArts... how I miss thee.
    i used to love the indiana jones game i think it was the last crusade where half the game you are punching people in the face using the NumPad.

---------- Post added 2012-06-30 at 01:45 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    Hmm old SSI games.. Pool of Radiance, Curse of the Azure Bonds, Secret of the Silver Blades, Pools of Radiance, and the of Krynn (i think champions, death knights, dark queen but not sure) series and such?

No?

Brought me good entertainment..
    Was Challenge of the Five Realms on there? Another older RPG that had lots of interesting characters, but was sadly ruined by a stupid time limit scenario.

Umm... where is Fantasy Empires?!??!?!?!?! Best DOS game ever.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fantasy_Empires
    Last edited by Vongimi; 2012-06-30 at 09:48 PM.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

There was a DOS game I played once or twice, but stopped playing because it scared the crap out of me as a little kid.

I don't remember what it was called. But it was basically a first person pac-man. You roamed around a maze and collected points while trying to avoid ghosts.

The thing that scared me about it? You could never see the ghosts behind you (Of course), and it played this really creepy sound when you got caught, and then you'd see the teeth of the ghost closing in around the screen and turning it all black.

Edit: Found what it's called. It's called 3-Demon.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Commander Keen episodes 4 and 5 for me. I played those a ton. Also, I LOVED Monster Bash, Jill of the Jungle, and Wolfenstein 3D.

I miss the old X Wing. But even more, I miss Tie Fighter with the Secret Order of the Emperor. And the inclusion of Thrawn. Felt so good to be evil.