Graphics Card Temperature

Hey guys.. why is my graphics card temperature so high?? I am using stock fans

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not too high, you should try cleaning around your case, get rid of dust.

Quote Originally Posted by nezgral View Post
    That's not too high, you should try cleaning around your case, get rid of dust.
    what should I do to clean it im too afraid to touch the computer parts and break them... like what should I use to clean the fans and the case

Deleted
    Yeah it's not too high. Graphics cards are designed to be able to handle quite high temperatures, if those temperatures are for when your PC is idle then I would be a little worried, but I see you have WoW running there in the background. As the above poster said, cleaning out the dust will help lower it.

EDIT: Take it back, apparently that card just runs hot under load. No idea why. I thought it was based on the 5570, just as the 6770/5770 and 6750/5750 were.

Last edited by glo; 2012-06-30 at 08:19 PM.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

so what does that mean.. its normal that the graphics card runs that hot?? any risk of it frying?!?

Quote Originally Posted by Twix View Post
    so what does that mean.. its normal that the graphics card runs that hot?? any risk of it frying?!?
    Should be fine, it's more than likely under full load with WoW. I wouldn't be too worried about it.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

I would only be worried if the temps were frequently over 90°C while playing games/loading the graphics card. 80°C isn't particularly low, but a good blast of canned air into the cooler should reduce temps by a fair bit.