Thread: Page File issue

Page File issue

This is more of an irritation than an issue, but I'm wondering something. I have 16 GB ram in my new computer, so I disabled the paging file. Yet every time I boot (Windows 7 x64 Ultimate) I get the following message:

'Windows created a temporary paging file on your computer because of a problem that occurred with your paging file configuration when you started your computer. The total paging file size for all disk drives may be somewhat larger than the size you specified.'

Does anyone know what causes that, and if there's any way to prevent that? Since I don't do any video/image editing, 16 GB is more than enough, the most I've ever seen it at was 11 GB when I had 3 games + ~25 Chrome tabs opened

Does Windows require a paging file to exist?

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

Deleted
    Long story short: you always want to have a paging file. It's not an option to remove it, as it's necessary for Windows to operate, even if you have more than enough RAM. Some programs will have issues if they crash, and you won't be able to save anything if anything crashes.

Set pagefile something small like 512 megs for both minimum and maximum, that's the minimum that wont cause any whines from Win7. It wont be actually used for anything, but some crappy programs requires it to be present.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.