• Travels series

1 0.68%
  • IV: Oblivion

44 29.93%
  • V: Skyrim

73 49.66%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Skyrim, but only with mods. Without mods its kinda bad, especially visually. But when you have all right mods, dungeons feel like you are in horror movie. You also need mods to make creatures harder, mods for more content etc.

Deleted
    I suspect many people will vote for Skyrim simply because it is the game that will be most fresh in their minds, or is the first game to introduce them a series that up until recently has been rather niche. As far as I'm concerned, voting based on how a game of this particular genre looks is pretty redundant. Immersion is far more important, as far as I'm concerned. With that in mind, Morrowind is my favourite title in the series, followed by Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm not saying any are terrible games, but from the perspective of what the franchise is all about...Morrowind stands out the most.

Skyrim feels far too mainstream for my liking. There's very little risk present compared to past titles. You can beat someone up, steal from them or kill their relatives and they'll still hand out quests, which then end up with them becoming your best friends. I'd much rather see murder and theft having the same impact upon the game as in Morrowind.
    Last edited by mmoc454417f773; 2012-07-02 at 06:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    Skyrim, but only with mods. Without mods its kinda bad, especially visually. But when you have all right mods, dungeons feel like you are in horror movie. You also need mods to make creatures harder, mods for more content etc.
    I already am in horror in dungeons without dungeon mods... What mods are you talking about exactly? I only have some costum quest mods and water and blood effects.

I find that Skyrim has the best setup and the most well designed engine. However, after playing it I didn't get the same feelings I got from Oblivion. I will have to go with Oblivion on this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Taenathal View Post
    I suspect many people will vote for Skyrim simply because it is the game that will be most fresh in their minds, or is the first game to introduce them a series that up until recently has been rather niche. As far as I'm concerned, voting based on how a game of this particular genre looks is pretty redundant. Immersion is far more important, as far as I'm concerned. With that in mind, Morrowind is my favourite title in the series, followed by Oblivion and Skyrim. I'm not saying any are terrible games, but from the perspective of what the franchise is all about...Morrowind stands out the most.

Skyrim feels far too mainstream for my liking. There's very little risk present compared to past titles. You can beat someone up, steal from them or kill their relatives and they'll still hand out quests, which then end up with them becoming your best friends. I'd much rather see murder and theft having the same impact upon the game as in Morrowind.
    So, Morrowind was better?

Deleted
    My vote goes for Oblivion. Skyrim was awesome, but didn't tickle my fancy in the same way (the whole console-port felt a bit... meh). Morrowind is a close 2nd, but didn't log close to the same amount of hours in it as the preciously mentioned.

Quote Originally Posted by Marest View Post
    My vote goes for Oblivion. Skyrim was awesome, but didn't tickle my fancy in the same way (the whole console-port felt a bit... meh). Morrowind is a close 2nd, but didn't log close to the same amount of hours in it as the preciously mentioned.
    Was Oblivion your first game?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    Was Oblivion your first game?
    Morrowind. Oblivion was my third actually. Played a bit of Daggerfall before it got released. The first game I bought for my Xbox 360, later picked it up for PC.

As much as I enjoyed Skyrim and Oblivion, Morrowind was my introduction to the series, and it absolutely blew me away at the time. I don't know how many hours I've spent playing Morrowind, but it's easily twice that of time spent on Oblivion and Skyrim. So many fond memories.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanith View Post
    I already am in horror in dungeons without dungeon mods... What mods are you talking about exactly? I only have some costum quest mods and water and blood effects.
    Darker dungeons, scarier/more monsters and ghost like whisper sounds.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694 - Monsters
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8601 - Sounds
    + I use Kalicola's ENB paired with some darker dungeon mods from steam workshop which works superwell.
    Those sounds really are doing great work at creating horror like feeling

10+ Year Old Account
    I just don't care for Skyrim all that much. I played Morrowind and Oblivion, but would probably say I like Oblivion the most, even though I put countless hours into Morrowind. Everything just seemed more fun and rewarding in Oblivion. Killing dragons just became an annoyance to me in Skyrim. It was kind of like, "Fawk, here comes another one >_>"

I'm obviously the unpopular opinion though, because people worship this game.
    A life spent making mistakes is not only more honorable, but more useful than a life spent doing nothing.-George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Gámbller View Post
    Darker dungeons, scarier/more monsters and ghost like whisper sounds.

http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/9694 - Monsters
    http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/8601 - Sounds
    + I use Kalicola's ENB paired with some darker dungeon mods from steam workshop which works superwell.
    Those sounds really are doing great work at creating horror like feeling
    Thanks!!! /tenchar

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Oblivion's varying environments and comparably better questing dialogue really made the game great for me but the sheer beauty of Skyrim and how everything just meshes so well together alone makes me prefer it over Oblivion as well.
    You think Oblivion had better writing than Skyrim? Between Paarthunax's poignant philosophy, Alduin's fire and brimestone, Ulfric's hot-blooded patriotism, and the Norse saga of the Companions I don't really see what you mean.