Arcane/Poison Weapon For Wizzard Important?

I use the Hydra-Venom all the time. But I also use the Arcane Orb/Celestial Orb as well.
    However my primary skill is electrocute/lightning blast.

My question is on the weapon.

Does the Poison Damage help the hydra-venom do more damage? ( on the weapon )
    Does the Arcane Damage help the Arcane Orb do more damage? ( on the weapon )
    Does the Lightning Damage help the Electrocute do more damage? ( on the weapon )

With me not knowing how these work, which weapon would you use?

Doesn't affect it. And depends on your build. Crit heavy build would benefit more from the rare.

Edit: I personally use a wand/offhand and get around 4k more damage buffed than a 1250 weapon plus all the nice extra stats an orb/wand combo can give. Only cost 150k for the two.
    ymmv.

hmmm. I think i might try to combo. tyvm

10+ Year Old Account
    the elemental bonus damage is directly calculated into your weapondamage. it doesn't matter what element the damage is.

poison damage benefits arcane orb and the other way around.

it only matters when you hit an enemy with physical attacks (for frost slow and different death animations).

so simply use the better weapon.
    Last edited by Sharde; 2012-07-01 at 04:57 PM.

Deleted
    on the other hand - if you give your merc a frost based weapon, his attacks clearly freezes the enemys. His attacks should proc cold blooded from what ppl say - can not confirm that.

Another theory was that added elemental dmg on items ( Tal Rashas set bonus for example or the TR amulet)would proc cold blooded/Conflag/arcane slow - i saw that tested on a stream and it didnt seam to work that way(it didnt add extra dmg from passive).
    But then again - someone on the wiz forum claimed that Spectral blade would proc the effects with added elemental dmg items. So it might be abit more complicated. Personaly i doubt that weapons dmg type have any effect though - like the above posters say.

10+ Year Old Account
    mercs proc frost damage on attacks (as every other procc). i don't know if the enchantress magic missile counts as physical or magic (later shouldn't proc frost damage, only proccs).

spectral blades count as a standard melee attack, visible due to the way you can dismember enemies on death. everything works on this ability like on cleave.

for every other spell the elemental bonus damage will be converted to the coresponding element and added to the weapon damage as normal.