Thread: Tooth Ache.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Hurts when you eat hot/cold food - Rub Sensodyne toothpaste or something on it. Supermarkets should still be open if you live in the civilized world.

If it's wisdom teeth pushing through, rinse your mouth with hot salt water to stop it getting infected.

And keep on those painkillers. If it gets bad you can get some co-codamol prescribed. You won't shit for a week however.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    I have a tooth ache. It hurts quite a bit, but it's Sunday here in Europe and as such, things are closed. Including dentists. What are your tips to either reduce pain or take your mind off of it? I am already taking what paracetamol I am safely allowed to take (Without consulting a doctor), and while it isn't painful to the point where I "can't take it" now, or before I took the paracetamol, it's still, well, painful. Enough that I woke up at 5:30 rather than around 9 when I would've had 8 hours of sleep, so my body is obviously saying "Something's wrong enough that you shouldn't sleep."

So, any good tips to reduce pain? Other than seeing the dentist, which I obviously will be doing tomorrow.
    Hey,it seems that you are in severe tooth ache.You should rinse your mouth with warm salty water regularly and put some toothpaste over the bad tooth,it will provide you some relief. All you need is to visit a dentist as soon as possible. I am having same problem as yours and I got my cavities cured from "David Seccombe DDS". You will be fine soon.

10+ Year Old Account
    I had a severe tooth ache early last year and 2 pills of ''Ibumetin'' (Ibuprofen) took care of it no probs. before i got really angry and felt like punching a hole in my wall, i waited 1+ day before i tryed those pills out.
    I'm a stranger, I'm a changer.
    And I'm danger... maybe...

http://youtu.be/dNEtnyAm6S4

Holy necro thread batman

It can hurt in various ways and i'm not gonna go into all of that. Go see a dentist tomorrow asap. That's all.

If the pain is too big (and u can take morphine even lawl) just get whatever painkiller u have that doesn't do bubu with alcohol (paracetamol/ibuprofen/ketoprofen), drink a little bit and try watch a movie, stay in bed or try to sleep avoiding sitting with the hurt part against the pillow. Try to get over it mentally and go see a dentist.
    Last edited by Cannibalus; 2014-01-29 at 09:07 AM.

Get hired at Fedex
    Buy a watch
    Get a flight back home in a cargo plane
    Fumble with watch
    Cause plane crash
    End up on an island
    Scavenge the wreckage
    Lose your Mind
    Befriend a ball
    Then finally knock out the tooth

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    Holy necro thread batman
    dammit it is

10+ Year Old Account
    Place a bit of garlic on the tooth/teeth that hurt and slowly crunch it.

The garlic will act as temporary pain relief.

Quote Originally Posted by Tapaj View Post
    paracetamol is just the American version of Tylenol. Get some Ibuprofen for the mean time, it works better on tooth aches than Tylenol, take about 1200 mg , along with some water and don't be afraid to use more if the pain persists, just try not to use more than 2400 mg in a 24 hr period, although you can do 3200mg in a 24hr period, just not sustained usage of that amount.

Some may mention that the amount of IB200 may be excessive, which it is, its only a temp fix til you can see the dentist. and trust me when I say, your body can handle the influx of IB200/400/800/1200/1600/1800/2400/2800/3200 in a day

Also don't use normal toothpaste til you see the dentist, nor drink sugary fluids, nor mouth rinse. Salt water warm. 5mL per 240mL

As for waiting til the dentist opens, you can call their 24 hour service number ( not sure if in Europe they have such means ) and ask the phone service operator if the Dentist can fill a script for something stronger til you can make it in during their regular business hours. AND make sure to stress how painful it is, otherwise you will just end up with Ibuprofen
    I heard while I was in the military from one of the medics that they were teached that the overdose from ibuprofein wont happen until atleast you take 8 grams of it. So dont really have to be afraid of it. Still dont go blindly following this advice since I dont want to be responsible for the results.

Deleted
    See if having water in your mouth reduces the pain. If yes the root is most likely dying and root canal inc.