Deleted

Can I start my own religion and demand society to accept it?

So let's say I was to start my own religion. Let's say I wanted to wear a Spiderman costume to school every day instead of a Niqab(muslim clothing that covers the entire body) could I demand my school to accept it and let me wear it like Muslims are allowed to wear the Niqab?

Just something I was thinking about, is it possible to make my own religion and demand things like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Ailozh View Post
    So let's say I was to start my own religion. Let's say I wanted to wear a Spiderman costume to school every day instead of a Niqab(muslim clothing that covers the entire body) could I demand my school to accept it and let me wear it like Muslims are allowed to wear the Niqab?

Just something I was thinking about, is it possible to make my own religion and demand things like that?
    yes......................

You can do anything you want, though whether society or your school for that matter accepts it is different.

Good luck though on your religion! =]
    I play many games. WoW, Rift, D3, PoE, SC2 I will not criticize your game choice if you don't mine.

You'd need a ton of charisma and enough luck to win 3 lotteries in a row, but yes

As long as you don't believe in Jesus and God, probably. Those seem to be the religious figures who don't get any fair treatment in the public eye.

10+ Year Old Account
    You can demand it, don't expect it to be accepted though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    People do it all the time. Sometimes they catch on, sometimes they don't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Freedom of speech and all that jazz.

As long as you can somewhat prove its not something you just made up then and there, sure yeah you can wear whatever the hell you want and say its part of your religion
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

just threaten to sue because they are not accepted your beilefs or something, though you might actualy have to get a large number of people to say its their religion too, so it can be recognised on a consensus.

Sure why not, were do for a new one aren't we? Last big one was Scientology I think? Got to give Hubbard props for being clever enough to stick the word science in his religion name.
    Last edited by Duncanîdaho; 2012-07-01 at 07:24 AM.
    The generalist looks outward; he looks for living principles, knowing full well that such principles change, that they develop. It is to the characteristics of change itself that the mentat-generalist must look. There can be no permanent catalogue of such change, no handbook or manual. You must look at it with as few preconceptions as possible, asking yourself, "Now what is this thing doing?" -Children of Dune

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure its forbidden to wear a Niqab(=Burka?) in public

Not sure what country you are in, but here in Sweden you need to get approval to have your religion considered a legit one.

The latest "special" religion that I can think of here is Kopimism.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mission...ch_of_Kopimism

First wedding

On April 28th, 2012, the Missionary Church of Kopimism held their first wedding.[10] The wedding took place in Belgrade, Serbia, between a Romanian woman and an Italian man. The holy ceremony was conducted by a man wearing a Guy Fawkes mask whose voice was distorted by a voice modulator.

The church said, "We are very happy today. Love is all about sharing. A married couple share everything with each other. Hopefully, they will copy and remix some DNA-cells and create a new human being. That is the spirit of Kopimism. Feel the love and share that information. Copy all of its holiness."

The missionary leader of the Church of Kopimism, Isak Gerson, attended as a witness during the wedding.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RüneRS View Post
    I'm pretty sure its forbidden to wear a Niqab(=Burka?) in public
    Not where I live, it's totally legal. Quite a few muslims girls in my school with them, I never ever saw their faces. O_O

Deleted
    Closing. Site rules state that religion is a topic which is not to be discussed on the forums. Please, refrain from making threads on the subject.