Poll: What is your alignment?

Page 1 of 11
... LastLast
    Deleted

What is your Alignment?

Hi,
    So I was pondering the world in the shower, as is standard procedure, and I started thinking about alignments (DnD style) and how they could actually be used in the real world. I thought about my own alignment, and after a little bit of reading up I have concluded that in a DnD world, I would be...

Lawful Neutral

I would consider myself this, what with being very adherent to the laws and rules set by me - I have no problem following authority unless I thoroughly object, to which I would voice my opinion. Then I would say that I am Neutral due to me being helpful when asked, but I don't often go out of my way for others unless I deeply care for them. Acting against rules and to hurt others are not in my character.

So my question is this: What is your alignment?

[If you're unfamiliar with DnD alignments then this wikipedia article contains the basic information: CLICKY]

10+ Year Old Account
    Neutral Evil, all the way. In games, in life, everything.

Deleted
    In real life I'm neutral good. But in games I enjoy playing on the evil side. Or rather on the side opposing an overly zealous good.

Deleted
    I like to see myself as Chaotic Good. Because, as this guide describes, I strive to have a "good heart and a free spirit". (I think my personality type, INFJ, lends itself to that alignment. Empathetic day-dreamers.)

When I'm in 'mod-mode', though, I attempt to remain True/Lawful Neutral.

Something between Lawful Good and Chaotic Good. More Chaotic Good though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chaotic good.

I just hate authority. I hate being restricted and told what to do, not that im a terrible person, its just I believe in freedom. For example, why should a law that was made before I was born, be of any relevance to me? I was never able to protest it or argue my case... because I didn't exist. Sure you can argue that without that law I may not exist, but that's a shit argument.

Its only rational to be like this, because I am no ones property, nor are they in charge of me. I never voted for this person who made a law to restrict my personal life.

Deleted
    Neutral good in real life, in games it can vary to even chaotic good or chaotic neutral

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 02:07 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Baiyn View Post
    I like to see myself as Chaotic Good. Because, as this guide describes, I strive to have a "good heart and a free spirit". (I think my personality type, INFJ, lends itself to that alignment. Empathetic day-dreamers.)

When I'm in 'mod-mode', though, I attempt to remain True/Lawful Neutral.
    Don't know what to say, Neutral good fits us INFJ characters as well in a way. We keep to the law but when we need to use our freedom above the law to do good, we do it.

Deleted
    Chatoic evil all the way.

Doing whatever i feel like, for my own gain.

Say my name!
    Last edited by mmoce8c391acaa; 2012-07-01 at 11:16 AM.

Chaotic neutral.

Generally I don't give a damn, unless I do. ;]

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Don't know what to say, Neutral good fits us INFJ characters as well in a way. We keep to the law but when we need to use our freedom above the law to do good, we do it.
    Ah! Well met, fellow uncommoner! That's a good point. I suppose that covers that repulsion to conflict that so many INFJs are supposed to hold as well, avoiding ruffling feathers unnecessarily if there is a more diplomatic, stable solution to a problem (which doesn't come with a price of suffering, of course). I think my disdain for the authoritarian supersedes that though. I'm too much of an Orwell/Hitchensite.

I voted Neutral Good, because I tend to sway either way, but just slightly more towards the good side, abide by the laws/regulations/rules, help people out, etc.., but I also have no problem breaking the law such as jay walking, or speeding if I deem it convenient.
    Last edited by muto; 2012-07-01 at 11:24 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainCAPLS0CK View Post
    Hi,
    So I was pondering the world in the shower, as is standard procedure,
    Ha ha, "pondering the world". That's a cute name for it. ^.~

I've thought about this a lot myself since I stumbled onto the DND alignment system (yes, I'm weird). I have a lot of the qualities described under Neutral Good and Chaotic Neutral, but the thing which always struck me was the description of True Neutral about a druid that helps fight a community of gnolls — then turns on their allies when the gnolls are facing extinction.

I feel like that True Neutral druid. I always want to help the underdog. At first, I'll gang up with everyone else against some rude or arrogant person in a social situation (for example). But if it gets too lopsided, and the person is just getting pwnd mercilessly, I'll suddenly start sticking up for them and trying to look for their good qualities.

At the same time, all other things held equal, I prefer to at least try to do "good" things like help people. I'd prefer to do something nice over something selfish or evil. But I tend to do it in a very independent, strong-willed, personal way and I have little respect for authority. I think the existence of authority is a good thing for the general wellbeing of others, but I have no hesitation about opposing any authority I feel is abused or inappropriate, even if doing so endangers my wellbeing.

So... um... yeah, I'm not sure where I'm going with this and I never know where I really fall on the chart.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probaly true neutral i can find myself well with their commandments

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow. That's...discouraging. I had spent time writing a well thought out response to what I considered to be a really fun thread, and my login timed out. I thought I had copied everything before I had to log in again, but I didn't. It was only a small portion of it. That was a lot of wasted effort and time lost...

I had elements of Lawful/Good, Neutral/Good, and Chaotic/Good. Don't really fell like typing it all out again.

Dear MMO Champ, is there a reason why it auto logs you out after like 5 min? That is a huge nuisance. Anyways OP, good thread idea...
    Last edited by Letmesleep; 2012-07-01 at 02:13 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm the boring lawful good.
    Putin khuliyo

Deleted
    Some interesting responses, some that even make me question my own decision :O. And after reading Baiyn's post, I've now discovered a new world of personality types! What is this madness...

Deleted
    definitely Chaotic Evil

Some Men Just Want to Watch the World Burn

Deleted
    Neutral good.

In games=Chaotic evil
    Real life=Lawful neutral

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd have to say I'm a bit of 2 as it kinda depends on the day. Both are true neutral and chaotic neutral.
    Last edited by Azmaria; 2012-07-01 at 12:18 PM.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.