15+ Year Old Account

What is it with all these WW2 threads?

Seriously I don't fucking understand why you people make so many threads with random questions about history.

You bash France without knowing a damned thing about what they did/went through, you make grand assumptions, and half of you don't know jack shit about what happened. You talk about the UK as if it was just another allied country. The Euros here ignore japan completely. Its ridiculous.

WW2 was 60 years ago, time to stop with the "what ifs," if you want to talk about it learn something about it first. These threads are like watching 6 year olds debate the finer points of medicare.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakeasy_zj View Post
    Seriously I don't fucking understand why you people make so many threads with random questions about history.

WW2 was 60 years ago, time to stop with the "what ifs"
    Who the hell are you to tell us to not reflect over history?

The OP prob doesn't understand that we still learn from looking into the past and wondering what would happen if something went different.

10+ Year Old Account
    Must be the nazies.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dapperedodo View Post
    The OP prob doesn't understand that we still learn from looking into the past and wondering what would happen if something went different.
    You make it sound like these threads are filled with people who not only know enough about what happened but also are smart enough to engage in hypothetical debate.

If this were the case I wouldn't have a problem with them, but its more like high school kids taking their first history lesson playing at "what ifs." They serve no real purpose.

Thanks to Mipeo for pally's sig!

15+ Year Old Account
    Well, unlike you most people think that history is a good thing, that it is the key element for us not to repeat former misstakes...
    Let people write about wth they want as long as it obeys the forum rules, dont see why you have and reason to bash down on it
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it.” -Sir Winston Churchill
    Specs: I5 3570K - GTX 670 - 8 gb ram
    My youtube page: https://www.youtube.com/user/aldrashan

Deleted
    Maybe some people also just find history interesting?

10+ Year Old Account
    you know, OP, no one if forcing u to read every single thread about any historical topic.

and this is the internet. its filled with "high school kids". get used to it.

not everyone on this forum are high school kids either, maybe threads about history can help teach those who are though. Don't see what there is to get mad about

Deleted

You bash France without knowing a damned thing about what they did/went through, you make grand assumptions, and half of you don't know jack shit about what happened. You talk about the UK as if it was just another allied country. The Euros here ignore japan completely. Its ridiculous.

WW2 was 60 years ago, time to stop with the "what ifs," if you want to talk about it learn something about it first. These threads are like watching 6 year olds debate the finer points of medicare.
    Still better than the 6 "i'm in love" or "I have a medical problem" threads we get a day.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Still better than the 6 "i'm in love" or "I have a medical problem" threads we get a day.
    Not to mention those bloody stupid dilemma threads.

WWII was kind of a big thing.

The Unstoppable Force DeltrusDisc's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Oh hey McLovadin, long time since I've seen ya! I see you're still the kind and gentle soul you always were!
    "A flower.
    Yes. Upon your return, I will gift you a beautiful flower."

"Remember. Remember... that we once lived..."

Quote Originally Posted by mmocd061d7bab8 View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

You must not be a regular here. There is COUNTLESS "what if" threads made daily. To name a few: What if aliens exist? What if X country did X? What is there was no X?, etc etc etc.

Deleted
    I love history, and I think WW2 is a fascinating subject.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukh View Post
    WWII was kind of a big thing.
    Point? It's history now.

The people who feel that asking "what ifs" must have a TERRIBLE dilemma in life daily if they constantly ask "What if I wore different clothes today?" "What if I walked instead of drove?" "What if I didn't wake up?"

If you go through life asking "what if" would change what happened, got damn.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alturic View Post
    Point? It's history now.

The people who feel that asking "what ifs" must have a TERRIBLE dilemma in life daily if they constantly ask "What if I wore different clothes today?" "What if I walked instead of drove?" "What if I didn't wake up?"

If you go through life asking "what if" would change what happened, got damn.
    Why do you not start a few intersting threads then?

Deleted
    If you have an opinion about a thread, post that opinion in the thread. Please don't create threads that opens up to no discussion.