Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

MayronUI Gen2 (2.0.5)

This is my second and primary UI I am currently using. Its aim is to be very easy to use, graphically pleasing, well positioned and clean. I try to make it as uncluttered as possible without having to strain your eyes to see everything especially when in a hurry.

I've been working on this UI for many years now and for me its graphically pleasing and everything is well positioned with clever functionality to it such as being able to press the Expand and Retract button to add a new action bar row and move everything up to make room. You can also press the "D" or "H" button next to the chat box to quickly swap layouts from "Damage / Tank" to "Healer". I focused on making it easy and effective to use in the game by making sure that every UI element was kept at a good size to as not to strain your eyes while also making sure that the screen was not cluttered.

And yes you can easily move the chat box and swap its art work to have it at the bottom left corner instead of top right! There are instructions on how to do this and much more. You can disable class colours and set the colours of the background frames to anything you want. This UI is fully customisable and comes with a very nice Set-up AddOn that contains a list of helpful tips so that you can read them for help directly in the game rather than having to minimize WoW to load up the internet. It is suitable for all classes, specs and roles and comes in 4 different Resolutions. It is very possible to configure it yourself for other resolutions as well but the below four are just the ones I've fixed it to work for so far:

1920x1080, 1680x1050, 1600x900 and 1440x900

Please help me by offering constructive criticism/feedback and recommending it to friends if you like it. Thank you!

Screen Shots:

Solo:

Setup Addon:

Chat Box in the Bottom Left Corner:

Tanking:

25 Player Healing:

Extra row of Action Bars at the Bottom:

There are many more screen shots available on the Information page...

I hope you like it! Any feedback is greatly appreciated but before asking questions please check the home page for extra information as well as the F.A.Q's at the bottom since the question may have already been answered:

Download Page with Information here!
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2013-02-17 at 01:50 AM.

Looks good, but don't think I could ever get used to not having chat on bottom left and map on top right, just seems the natural placement for those.
    Also not a fan of 3d portraits on a bar like that.
    Last edited by autopsy; 2012-07-01 at 04:30 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by autopsy View Post
    Looks good, but don't think I could ever get used to not having chat on bottom left and map on top right, just seems the natural placement for those.
    Also not a fan of 3d portraits on a bar like that.
    Thanks for the feedback, I originally wanted a normal 3D Portrait with a black empty bar on top of the health bar to store the information. This was so I could place the cast bar over the top of the empty bar however I could not do this since Shadowed Unit frames does not allow you to place a cast bar over them. I could see no other alternative except a 3D player portrait as a bar because I wanted to keep the health and mana bars short in height length.

10+ Year Old Account
    i almost want to slap you because of your keybindings..

it does look rather well though

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a fan of player frame on the bottom of the screen either
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehman View Post
    i almost want to slap you because of your keybindings..

it does look rather well though
    No idea what is wrong with them however if its to do with my warlock then I have only recently started playing again and have arranged my spells and keybindings for the sake of the screen shots. My resto shaman however uses the correct key binds and have been using them for years like that and work very well for me.

Also I use the razer naga mouse which is why I use them number lock button.

On some of the screen shots, I have used bartender to hide the keybinding text. I like to do this so I can see OmniCC cooldown timer text over the icons better as it makes the buttons look cleaner.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2012-07-01 at 05:32 PM.

Deleted
    Personally I'd put the map at top right, move the buffs to the left to make room for this, then put raidframes bottom right along with recount (scale down to fit if needed) and put the chat frame at bottom left. Then again that's just personal preference. Love the UI though!

Not sure why everybody is on here bashing this or that about your addon because you made it for you and are offering it if they choose to want it. So great work and thanks for the hard work you put into it!
    ...Made it through 9 years of wow...

10+ Year Old Account
    i think its a damn sexy ui. I personally couldn't use cause i have way more buttons visible, i use a naga as well, i just like to see all my buttons.
    We live in an era of "me versus them", an era where something is done that you don't like means you are personally attacked. People whine too much.
    Let us play video games and be happy.

I think this is the first UI package I've seen that I might actually download. Very good work, it looks awesome!

Deleted
    Thank you for the feedback. I wanted to make the spell bars smaller and I took into account that some people did not like the 3d portraits as bars so I came up with this idea:

(Click to view, thumbnail broken for some reason.)

Do you think this looks better or worse than the original design?

I originally wanted to have the cast bar over the portrait bar but since I could not do that I had to have them on top of the frames but with this new idea I've placed the cast bar where the black bar should be. I don't mind this bar always visible and if I could make it disappear without changing the height of the other bars and position of the text, I would do this however as far as I know only Stuf Unit Frames and maybe ouF unit frames can do this but I need the ability to change profiles so this is impossible.
    Last edited by mmocba105e19de; 2012-07-02 at 09:43 PM.

Looks wise it looks pretty. But castbar in the unitframe is not very visible (to me anyway, I've seen that arrangement in other UIs before and didn't like it functionally).
    Unitframe emphasis is different for different people, sometimes role related (healers won't care much for them and they can be much smaller too) and some people may prefer top 3D portraits vs. side vs no 3D. If you don't mind the work, you could keep all your attempts and make it a layout option so people can choose between them. Or is that just too much bloat coding wise?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sedivy View Post
    Looks wise it looks pretty. But castbar in the unitframe is not very visible (to me anyway, I've seen that arrangement in other UIs before and didn't like it functionally).
    Unitframe emphasis is different for different people, sometimes role related (healers won't care much for them and they can be much smaller too) and some people may prefer top 3D portraits vs. side vs no 3D. If you don't mind the work, you could keep all your attempts and make it a layout option so people can choose between them. Or is that just too much bloat coding wise?
    In my last UI this was easier to do but with this UI, Having an option to change the portaits, even though I like the idea, would be a lot of code to type and hours of work with many more profiles to add for each out come. Because I do not know a lot about lua coding and can only do basic KgPanel scripts I am limited to the ways I can add features like this.

If I could simply press a button to turn off or on options in the addons I'm using such as ShadowedUF or Quartz for example, then I could do so much more with the UI but sadly I lack the coding skills and not sure if thats actually possible.

Because of this I will have to leave that option out but thanks for the feedback. Since many did not like the 3D portrat as a bar or as it is in the screenshot above then maybe its best to just leave it out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Mmm... looks functional but I'm not a fan of all the art all over the place. I'd rather not have those big, ugly borders around everything.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

As a matter of fact, I like it a lot; I'm using something similar but this is really fancy.

At first I was "meh", but then I saw you can have bars on the sides (I keep retarded stuff on those, but I can't be w/o them) and you won me. Now I only need a wide screen -.-'

Deleted
    Just updated the screen shots that shows how the new update looks like. In the end I decided to stick to the new design of unit frames because they work much better and I find that the cast bar still is a big enough size. I have also decreased all the spell buttons size on the action bars and combined with the cast bars now being integrated into the unit frames make the raid frames lower down the screen which works much better for the healing mode.

I have also fixed many bugs and changed many other things. If you want to read these changes for any reason, the change log is available to read on the download page.

Thanks again for all the feedback I got. Very much appreciated!

Edit: Also worth mentioning that the annotated screen shots are out of date now in terms of looks however the functions described still work the same.
    Last edited by mmoc2c0e080e79; 2012-07-03 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    OMG that looks so good!

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice looking UI. I'm going to try this one out!
    “We all know interspecies romance is weird.”
    ― Tim Burton

Ok go go on beta and start preparing it for Panda, you totally won me. And yea, go lower res asap, please Downloading!

Sorry, but bump. Do want this UI for 5.0.4 ^_^