Thread: BSOD Help 07e

BSOD Help 07e

Hi.
    I got up this morning and turned on my computer. As soon as I entered the desktop I lost my display signal.
    I did a hard restart and after that I can´t get to windows. As soon as the windows logo appears, bam, bsod code 0x000..07e.
    I can enter in safe mode and I removed any overclocking whatsoever. It was prime95 12h stable though =/ and I´ve been using it for 2 months now.

specs:
    i5 2500k
    z68ap-d3
    windows 7 enterprise
    his 7970
    2x g skill 4gb cl9

memtest found no errors
    Last edited by Naididae; 2012-07-01 at 04:33 PM.

first try making sure that all the cables inside your PC are secure, more specificly the SATA cables between your mobo and hard drive. if its fine then try inserting your windows disc and use the recovery tool, if that doesnt work you will have to reinstall windows just make sure you back all your stuff up. if THAT doesnt work then it could be a faulty harddrive / faulty something

what could be the reasons it happened out of nowhere like that? or how could i check that? i´d like to prevent that from happening again =/

Boot into Safe mode and try these:
    1: Run msconfig through the run box and disable anything from starting up in the little check box beside each program (don't touch the services tab.) After this see if you can boot into windows normally. If so then one by one re-enable each start up program and restart the PC for each one started until you come across the one that may crash the PC at boot. (Hot To Disable Startup Programs.)
    2: Uninstall any programs that you may have installed the other day.
    3: Run your antivirus a few times (quick scan first then full scan next if the quick scan didn't find any malicious software.)
    4: Check for over heating in the system through your motherboards bios.

You can also restore your PC back to a previous date in time. You may need to use the Windows 7 repair CD.
    Last but not least if all troubleshoot info provided here on this forum for you doesn't work out, you can either re-install windows or have someone repair it for you.
    Last edited by Libram; 2012-07-02 at 06:56 AM.

Good idea on the msconfig, but it didn´t work =/

the one thing i installed the other day was catalyst 12.7. tried removing it, but it didn´t help either.

guess i´ll have to reinstall =[

Deleted
    try running a repair on windows, it might be a file corruption related to the windows boot.

according to google, blue screens resulting in 07e are mainly related to faulty hardware (or in best conditions faulty connections) of the hard drive which can happen at anytime during its life cycle, but if its not hardware related then a reinstall is probably best

Restore isn´t working, so I´ll try reinstalling and hope it isn´t my SSD that´s bad =[

---------- Post added 2012-07-01 at 06:30 PM ----------

I have 2 64gb ssds, one has the OS the other has some games.
    How should I go about wiping the current OS one and installing windows on the other SSD?

try the first one as normal, then if that doesnt work then you at least know its faulty thus allowing you to RMA it back

ok, finished reinstalling =[
    working fine so far.

could my cpu oc have corrupted windows somehow? it was 12h prime stable and i´ve been using it for over a month, so i thought it was all right =/

unless you reset your bios settings then your OC is still there

also 12 hours running stable on full load is good, shouldnt really corrupt any windows files

Just coming by to say it's working fine right now, after reinstalling Windows.
    I re-enabled the OC but I'll just go for a 24h prime95 this time, to be absolutely sure.

Still, I really don't think it was the OC's fault, but I'd really like to find the reason for this to have happened, so I can avoid it in the future. Could it have been a bad 12.7 catalyst install or something? I did use it for 3 days before this happened though.

Maybe a program to check for my disks integrity?

Thanks for the help guys.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Naididae View Post
    Good idea on the msconfig, but it didn´t work =/

the one thing i installed the other day was catalyst 12.7. tried removing it, but it didn´t help either.

guess i´ll have to reinstall =[
    You didn't need to do a Windows reinstall...

Next time use ATIMan Uninstaller 7.0.2 to do a complete uninstall. 0x07E is most likely a hardware driver issue, and I bet money on it being Catalyst 12.7.