Deleted

Purgatory question.

Hey,

An unholy pacts grants you the ability to fight on through damage that would kill mere mortals. When you would sustain fatal damage, you instead are wrapped in a Shroud of Purgatory, absorbing incoming healing equal to the amount of damage prevented, lasting 3 sec.

If any healing absorption remains when Shroud of Purgatory expires, you die. Otherwise, you survive. This effect may only occur every 3 min.
    I was reading things about Purgatory and wondered. Does it only absorb the initial excess damage (1), or can it absorb every point of damage and stack them for 3 sec ? (2)

Let me try to image this. Say, you are at 10K health, and you get hit for 20K every 2 second. What happens ?

(1)
    Second 0 : You get hit for 20K. Purgatory procs, you go to -10k health.
    Second 1 : Nothing happens.
    Second 2 : You get hit for 20K again, you die.
    (2)
    Second 0 : You get hit for 20K. Purgatory procs, you go to -10k health.
    Second 1 : Nothing happens.
    Second 2 : You get hit for another 20k, you go to -30K health.
    Edit for clarification : Ofc, you're not technically getting to -X health, it's just the purgatory healing absorbtion debuff. But I tried to make it simple.
    Last edited by mmoc63d91da705; 2012-07-01 at 04:51 PM.

Deleted
    It's a really nice ability then.

I kept reading different things about it though. Like here : http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...0196483?page=2

Hence the confusion.

10+ Year Old Account
    the way i'd imagine it is SUPPOSED to be...is your at 10k health...get hit for 20k your at -10k health...you dont take any additional damage for 3 seconds....upon 3 seconds if that 10k hasn't been healed then you die...if you get 10k+ healing then you live with whatever positive health was remaining after purgatory runs out...now before people say that sounds OP...think about it

-10k for 3 seconds the healer needs to spam you for as much as he can...lets say he pulled off 80k healing leaving you at 70k health....as soon as purgatory procs its 3 seconds you take no additional damage...but can only come back to life with the amount of overhealing that was done with purgatory up if that makes sense....thats what im 99% sure its supposed to function as.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can confirm that (2) is what happens

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadzta View Post
    the way i'd imagine it is SUPPOSED to be...is your at 10k health...get hit for 20k your at -10k health...you dont take any additional damage for 3 seconds....upon 3 seconds if that 10k hasn't been healed then you die...if you get 10k+ healing then you live with whatever positive health was remaining after purgatory runs out...now before people say that sounds OP...think about it

-10k for 3 seconds the healer needs to spam you for as much as he can...lets say he pulled off 80k healing leaving you at 70k health....as soon as purgatory procs its 3 seconds you take no additional damage...but can only come back to life with the amount of overhealing that was done with purgatory up if that makes sense....thats what im 99% sure its supposed to function as.
    Yes that is correct. Although, if the debuff is outhealed before the 3 seconds you are not "invincible" anymore. Let's say:

Second 0 : You get hit for 20k. Purgatory procs, you go to -10k health.
    Second 1 : You get healed for 20k. Debuff wears off, leaving you with 10k health.
    Second 2 : You get hit for 20k. You die.

Deleted
    Has anyone tested how does it work with Guardian Spirit? What's the priority system?
    a) GS has priority over purgatory. (not proccing it)
    b) Purgatory has priority over GS. (not removing GS)
    c) Both skills proc simultaneously (removing GS and activating purgatory)

Quote Originally Posted by hellgrimm View Post
    Has anyone tested how does it work with Guardian Spirit? What's the priority system?
    In addition to this, I'd love to know if anyone can confirm how purgatory works with void shift.

Deleted
    for me is a nerd or fake talent.A dk must choose between purgatory, lichborne or anti magic zone.

Personally i would skip this talent. Is useless. 3 seconds in arena when u are hard trained and ur healer under cc won't solve anything. I prefer still lichborne.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghurzuk View Post
    for me is a nerd or fake talent.A dk must choose between purgatory, lichborne or anti magic zone.

Personally i would skip this talent. Is useless. 3 seconds in arena when u are hard trained and ur healer under cc won't solve anything. I prefer still lichborne.
    For PvP, sure... it may be useless, but it is not useless in PvE.

10+ Year Old Account

The hell is a "nerd" talent?

Deleted
    haehahiioo

it's an awesome talent for tanking and it fits in well with the new design philosophy with talents.

In the 3 seconds it keeps you alive you can Ghoul Sac for 50% of your health. Which will get your debuff off, I'm nearly sure of it.

Deleted
    I mean NERF but my laptop corrected automatically and i did not see. Is useless in pvp. too high burst and how can a healer repair that dmg in 3 seconds time? in pve i dunno but still is better lichborne, it helps vs cc.

EDIT: i don't think ghoul he alt will be considered

EDIT: i don't think ghoul he alt will be considered

Why not? Does not say anything to exclude it and it is a heal.

There is no reason Death Pact would not work with Purgatory and I can confirm that it does work on beta currently.