Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    There were neither mergers nor forced transfers in TOR just so you know.
    Well, it's like

http://www.swtor.com/blog/character-...nd-you-part-ii

I play SWTOR, btw.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well it seem they've closed Icewatch to incoming transfers, a few more Guilds moved off last night to Blightweald and Bloodiron so hopefully things will now settle down....still had people having to queue for a while trying to log in though...

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    Well it seem they've closed Icewatch to incoming transfers, a few more Guilds moved off last night to Blightweald and Bloodiron so hopefully things will now settle down....still had people having to queue for a while trying to log in though...
    Any idea who left? Only guilds that I know for sure that are gone are Addicted guardian side and Special Olympics defiant side. Really wish they would bump Conquest to it's own server, the lag during raids when Conquest starts is making progression more difficult

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Any idea who left? Only guilds that I know for sure that are gone are Addicted guardian side and Special Olympics defiant side. Really wish they would bump Conquest to it's own server, the lag during raids when Conquest starts is making progression more difficult
    why did special olympics leave bloodiron in the first place? dont know if that's where they went back now but that's sure where they hung out when I took my break in february =)

Deleted
    Guild Wars is not appealling to people that like the raiding environment.
    Also a very lose sence of "bettering your char".

Also, many of the things it brings will cause a "creative chaos"
    The more i went in depth on it's features, the less appealing it was to me.
    Not overall as a game, but for certain things into the game that cannot be ignored or bypassed, in a way far more restricted even than WoW "fake choices" system.

All in all, i will pass.
    Others for the same reasons i will pass they will buy it.

The argument here, was regarding the impact that it will have to the Game.
    I am very new in Rift, i cant voice a full opinion about the community and it's preferances, solely from the posters here the official forums and the actual game.

If the game majority is raid oriented, the impact GW2 will have is limited.
    But there will be a significant impact, not only to Rift, but to other games of the MMO family, namely WoW and SWTOR.
    Is it going to be a short term one? For the most part yes. Are the games going to recover from it?

WoW has MoP scheduled right after GW2 Launch.
    Rift will follow shortly after WoW with SL xpac.

I would say that Rift's position is tough. The momentum is not good. They should solve 2 major issues 1.9 has caused and reverse the negativity that inevitably was caused by them.
    Also they have a much smaller buffer than WoW regarding the game being on the profitable part of the market.

I have faith that the game will manage to reverse current problems and survive GW2 impact.

It is the only game that offers so many things in the market. Hopefully, next time a new content release is due to be out, will cause less problems than current one, and hopefully there will be no other server merger, just let people grow some roots already in one place.
    Big part of an MMO rpg is that you build your social activity by forming groups and bonding with people.

If i fully stand behind mergers for the game to be alive, in the shards, for those MASS group event happening in the world and in the instanced raids, i also stand behind the opinion that 3 (not sure if 2 or 3 times conversion of shards to trial status has happened) of those waves of changes in Shards, have tested the customers enough, and there should be no other.
    Last edited by mmoc4cbbce03d2; 2012-07-11 at 11:53 AM.

Deleted
    sure gw2 will have a big impact at rift population like swtor had.....but in a long term, when rift especially release the expansion many ppl will come back and servers will be full again.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    why did special olympics leave bloodiron in the first place? dont know if that's where they went back now but that's sure where they hung out when I took my break in february =)
    They regularly move shards, something to do with raidlogging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarien View Post
    Any idea who left?
    All i know so far who definitely have left were Privileged (Guardians) and Moirae (Defiants) last night....haven't seen any other Guilds post or announce they've left

I just resubscribed to Rift. Is there a way to transfer my characters to Icewatch shard?

Quote Originally Posted by Emrendil View Post
    I just resubscribed to Rift. Is there a way to transfer my characters to Icewatch shard?
    On your character select screen there is a "transfer" button at the bottom of the screen. I think it's a 1 week cooldown per character but you can transfer characters anywhere for free.

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusherO0 View Post
    On your character select screen there is a "transfer" button at the bottom of the screen. I think it's a 1 week cooldown per character but you can transfer characters anywhere for free.
    I've tried, but Icewatch was not listed.

Deleted
    i heard that icewatch is closed for transfer due to the high population. You can transfer to blightweald if u are guardian it has a very good and well populated community

Deleted
    Bloodiron is quite good as well. I dont know if the guardian population is still active, they at least used to dominate the server and I havent done dailies out in the world on peak hours to notice any ganking that was everyday life for a defiant with crappy gear in february at least.

Deleted
    atm defiants are more at bloodiron. but also guardian side is ok

I transfered to Blightweald. Also my old guild is there too, so i'm good for now