Ah. I'll hold off on making my brawler then. Think I'll work on the spec, though.
    Need a fairly wide assortment of skill gems to pull off an endgame brawler as well. As a facebreaker/brawler is kind of tricky to play and soft minion master. Something to consider if you plan on such a build for serious long term play.

However, facebreaker/brawlers are very efficient and speedy levelers. So even if one does not plan on brawler @ endgame, the build is pretty flexible enough that one can spin it several ways.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    Well.

That's... fascinating.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I hate one thing in this game: I have tons of blue/yellows, can't identify them. I can't even change TP scrolls into more Wisdom, because I have used all and I have like 1 scroll per 10 blue/yellows WTF....It is annoying, i stopped playing beacuse of that for a while, must rethink it. It is pain in the ass for me.

Grind for white gear and sell that. Should be able to build up a stockpile of SoW.

I don't have tp scroll to sell white...so this will be time consuming to die/alt+f4, login, sell, grind, alt+f4, sell, grind, etc. I don't have time for that, really, D3 wins here, sadly.

It is intended that one doesn't id or loot all items. Just the valuable ones. There is a whole recipe system that uses a combination of gear matching and recognition to reinforce the design as well.

Also the concern of TP/ID scrolls is mostly a low level one. Eventually one has hundreds of these items which drop in such volume as to be trivial / ignorable.

There comes a point when one no longer bothers to pick up the majority of mundane loot or consumables. Because the sheer volume is so overwhelming.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-06 at 03:21 AM.

So, long short story: this game is not casual friendly, it's niche are hardcore arpg online players who have alot of free time AND their D2/some other titles hunger is not filled enough by D3, because D3 gives your reward faster. PoE requires longer grind + is new, so everyone is playing as much as possible, increasing their stash content to be the one of "ubers" in the future, also they are testing new builds. Now: what if you are max geared and played all builds?:P One may say: pvp, but it's not the same, pvp shall be rewarding too :P In the end, we find that there is a reason why WoW has had +12mil subs, endless progress.
    You may say: by the time we max all in PoE, devs will give us new act. True or false, time will tell. I am wondering how PoE will be in the next 3 months.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-06 at 03:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    So, long short story: this game is not casual friendly, it's niche are hardcore arpg online players who have alot of free time AND their D2/some other titles hunger is not filled enough by D3, because D3 gives your reward faster. PoE requires longer grind + is new, so everyone is playing as much as possible, increasing their stash content to be the one of "ubers" in the future, also they are testing new builds. Now: what if you are max geared and played all builds?:P One may say: pvp, but it's not the same, pvp shall be rewarding too :P In the end, we find that there is a reason why WoW has had +12mil subs, endless progress.
    You may say: by the time we max all in PoE, devs will give us new act. True or false, time will tell. I am wondering how PoE will be in the next 3 months.
    I really doubt people will be "max" geared as it's all subjective to gear and there's always that one better piece out there and also are you accounting fo rthem to be level 100? Last I recall no one hit that in CBT (please correct me if I am wrong). There is endless progression as you say in this game as there is so much to play with and to be honest I don't even want to think about the amount of combinations that can be done in this game and I enjoy math haha. All in all it's a game for the hardcore and fills a niche, so certain people will like it and others not.
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK
    Asus Xonar Essense STX | Presonus E5 x2 | Takstar HiFi 2050's

Catering to a hardcore ARPG crowd is fairly accurate. That is the audience the game is aimed at as a core player base. It's even in their indie games submission video.

"Path of Exile is an action-RPG aimed at hardcore players which combines several complex game systems..."

The way crafting works in Path of Exile makes the "perfect" or "max" gear threshold somewhat impossible to achieve. I was one of the wealthiest players in CBT and was nowhere near "max" even for my level threshold.

Level 100 itself is designed to be a multi month goal, with the goal being a year+ for casual players. Again as stated by Chris Wilson on stream. Twice.

Note that no player to date has ever been close to max level. Even after a year of closed beta and dramatically increased XP rates in previous iterations.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-06 at 04:01 AM.

So a friend of mine logged on today and all his Orbs/gems etc. are all gone from his stash but he still has all his gear on his character. So I went over to his house checked the computer and it's clean. Also went through some logs on his router to see if anything suspicious was there and it was clean to. Also I've been on all day since the servers came up until I got the call from my friend and his character never logged on. I'm wondering if something happened with the servers going down or whatnot?
    Intel I5-2500k @4.8Ghz| Noctua NH-U9B | Asus P67 Deluxe | 16GB G.SKILL Ares 2133Mhz
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB/1TB | 512GB MX100 | 1TB WD Black x2 | 2TB WD Black |3TB WD Green NAS x2
    MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G | SeasonicX 650 | NXZT H440 | Asus PB278Q | Razor Naga Molten Edition | CM Quick Fire Rapid TK

Is your friend still in the same league he had the items stashed?

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Is your friend still in the same league he had the items stashed?
    Yupp we are softcore noobs :P

Well if you are sure that the items are not stashed in another league the only thing to do is send in a support ticket. Not too much anyone here can do or lend any concrete insight.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Well if you are sure that the items are not stashed in another league the only thing to do is send in a support ticket. Not too much anyone here can do or lend any concrete insight.
    Yeah that's what I figured but hopefully they can do something but if not atleast he still has his character.

so im new with this game excuse this dumb questions but, will there be any more character wipes? or no?

No more wipes.

Open beta is effectively release.

No, there will be no more character wipes.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Dude, if you ran out of wisdom scrolls, you're doing something wrong. I have 60 in my bags and I'm IDing _every single item_. @lvl30.

Got a projectile totem support gem and tried pairing it with Rain of Arrows. Man is it awesome. Just plop it down while I'm out of enemy's LoS and let it lob off arrows until it dies. Repeat until finished. Killed Brutus on solo cruel by letting it draw aggro and get chained while I got in some shots and laid down fire traps.