I don't even understand the motives behind a DDOS against GGG.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post
    Me neither, tbh. I mean, both it's "competitors" are B2P, so neither Blizz nor Runic lose money on PoE. PoE is aimed at a different audience, it's not controversial in any way I have seen so far, and last time I checked none of the four New Zealanders making it were on CIA's terror-list.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    I don't think you're having so much a thought but rather complete mental diarrhea all over the internet and your keyboard and it's not pretty or even logical.

Makes about as much sense as CCP getting ddos'd a while back. There are people who think it's funny, that's about the long and short of it.

It's stupid but people do it for fun as well as malice. Could be someone hates the game, could be someone has a personal grudge against one of the developers or a moderator.. could just be a kid or a bunch of kids who get kicks out of knowing that they can take something down and disrupt potentially tens of thousands of peoples evening. It may be some testing software or their PC setup before DDOS'ing something bigger... or just someone who gets a laugh out of causing hassle. Whatever their reasons, it is sad and pathetic.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Wildstar | Elder Scrolls Online | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG
    Steam | Twitter

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I just picked up Blood magic tonight on my lightning arrow ranger and man it is awesome, my life on hit is higher than the life-cost so I can basically cast all I want and it's free as long as it's hitting stuff.
    What's your Hp and LS like?

And are you using any auras?

Been within one point of BM advancing my build in other directions for 5 lvls now, I'm a bit scared to dip in.

Yeah, it boggles my mind. Either some kid(s) who think it's "cool" or somebody has some personal grudge against someone at GGG.
    To declare that a personal, inner experience gives certainty about the workings of the universe is to assign far too much value to one’s subjective sense of conviction.
    I’m not that arrogant.

The brain, marvelous instrument though it is, isn’t infallible. It can misfire, seize or hallucinate, and it can do so in a way that’s utterly indistinguishable from reality to the person experiencing it.

I'm trying hard to like this game. I picked a Ranger, because even uncommon names (like, oh, Pendulous) were already taken, so I based my class choice (it's a brand new game, no telling what I'd like anyway) off what name I could use.

I like the idea of "leveling" your abilities with you. Someone compared it to Materia from FF7, which is pretty accurate. Not to mention the talent system working like FF10. This means that any class can basically use any skill, I think. But, I went pretty generic and started using ranged based skills. Ranged attacks and traps. I can't remember names so bear with me. The "multi" shot ability feels really weak. It's not so much the damage it does, it's that it seems to miss a lot more often than it should, to the point it doesn't even feel worth it. I've got another attack "Ice Shot" I think, that hits multiple targets, but more in a cone. And a fire trap that is fun.

So, being at only level 9, I have no issue with that yet. But I really don't understand the crafting and "currency" system. I picked up a great bow, but it has the wrong colored sockets on it. But I can't change the sockets, because I don't have a Chromatic Orb. Apparently, in order to get one, you have to sell an item that has one of each color, all linked. Meaning, a one-in-a-million chance it seems. Maybe less, but you know. OR, I can BUY an item with it, THEN sell it right back. I'm sorry. This just feels really...contrived? I can't think of the word, but it makes no sense. I can't buy most of the items I see on the vendors because I don't have the specific item I need that it costs. Makes for a very weird, and seemingly unfair, vendor system.

I like the potion things. I really like the fact that you can find magically enhanced potions, which gives buffs to them. I also have one that gives me 40% movement speed, so swift like the wind, for a couple seconds anyway.

One noob question. On the right, my mouse attacks are listed. My left mouse button attack on the left (which I have set to my normal attack) and my right mouse button on the right (which I have set to the multi-attack). And the other keybound attacks under it. But, what's the attack in between the two on the right? I can't figure that out.

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

Middle mouse button

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Middle mouse button
    I tried that. It doesn't work.

Also, what kind of "armor" do I strive for? Pieces of armor have different base stats. Some have "armor", some have "evasion", and some have "energy shield" bonuses. Is there something specific I should be going for, based on style of play?

General Off-topic/Fun Stuff/Diablo 3/Sports & Fitness mod(rules)------KUPO --------Sig by Elyssia------- Say hello to a world of marigolds

The middle mouse is mouse button three, so go for that, if it doesn't work, I don't know.

As for gear, as a ranger, assuming you're going bows, you'll want armour and/or evasion, as for ES(energy shield), not really much since you won't be really using it much compared to other builds I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    I tried that. It doesn't work.

Also, what kind of "armor" do I strive for? Pieces of armor have different base stats. Some have "armor", some have "evasion", and some have "energy shield" bonuses. Is there something specific I should be going for, based on style of play?
    ATM I'm using evasion gear with Iron Reflexes( it coverts evasion to armor) on my ranger.

Quote Originally Posted by Pendulous View Post
    So, being at only level 9, I have no issue with that yet. But I really don't understand the crafting and "currency" system. I picked up a great bow, but it has the wrong colored sockets on it. But I can't change the sockets, because I don't have a Chromatic Orb. Apparently, in order to get one, you have to sell an item that has one of each color, all linked. Meaning, a one-in-a-million chance it seems. Maybe less, but you know. OR, I can BUY an item with it, THEN sell it right back. I'm sorry. This just feels really...contrived?
    The vendors sell chromatics for lesser currency as well.

There is also a vendor recipe list that mimics the Horodric cube of Diablo 2 in functionality.

And the other keybound attacks under it. But, what's the attack in between the two on the right? I can't figure that out.
    Um, middle mouse button?

You strive for the armor that is useful to your build. Any class can use any armor provided they meet the reqs.

There is pure Int, Str and Dex based gear. Hybrid Str/Int, Str/Dex and Int/Dex armor as well for builds that meet those requires of make use of those stats.

Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    As for gear, as a ranger, assuming you're going bows, you'll want armour and/or evasion, as for ES(energy shield), not really much since you won't be really using it much compared to other builds I believe.
    This is incorrect advice with no bearing on actual game mechanics.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 12:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    Anyone know what gem % becomes very sought after?

I have:

Infernal Blow (9%) + Infernal Blow (+10%)
    Iron Grip (+6)
    Raise Zombie (+13) - Got an offer for 1 chaos.
    I've got a lot of replies for the raise zombie gem. Best one being 1 chaos. anyone know if this is a good trade

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The melee hit of Lightning Strike is physical, each projectile is considering Lightning elemental damage. Passives to generic elemental damage, passive to Lighting damage specifically and projectile related passives effect the bolts from Lighting Strike. But not the melee physical portion.

Life Leech as a gem will draw life from all forms of damage. Life leech from items or specific passives draw life from Attacks. The latter if also true of Life on Hit passives and gem.

Life leech on Warlord's Mark only applies to the physical melee attack portion of the Lightning Strike skill. The individual bolts can not trigger life leech via Warlord's Mark as they are not physical.

The wording on skills is pretty specific in Path of Exile. There isn't much "guesswork". Things tend to work exactly as worded. And Mark words precisely.
    Actually you aren't entirely correct there, according to a post by Mark here (pathofexile. com/forum/view-thread/109237) it actually leeches, which also is the way I experienced it.

I have not experienced the bolts of LS leeching off of Warlord's Mark. Or perhaps I did not notice?

Curious.

Raise Zombie I've found to be ... well, really common, so if you can take 1 chaos for it, i'd say go for it.

Number 1 Rhox just died

Holy shit!

I just got Temporals Chains + 19 and Decoy Totem +9 off breaking pots lmao

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I have not experienced the bolts of LS leeching off of Warlord's Mark. Or perhaps I did not notice?

Curious.
    I think I read somewhere that only the physical damage portion of LS will leach.

"Lightning Strike converts half of your Physical into Elemental, therefore giving you half life leech- of course Life Gain on Hit would still work perfectly"

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    I've got a lot of replies for the raise zombie gem. Best one being 1 chaos. anyone know if this is a good trade
    I would say, no, that is not a good deal. The Quality +13 by itself should net you quite a bit more. From what I have seen, most easily obtainable gems (quest reward gems) with a quality on top of them have been going for 1/4 to 1/3 the quality in GCP. So I would questimate that a +13 would go for at least 3-4 GCPs. I could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone Jack View Post
    I would say, no, that is not a good deal. The Quality +13 by itself should net you quite a bit more. From what I have seen, most easily obtainable gems (quest reward gems) with a quality on top of them have been going for 1/4 to 1/3 the quality in GCP. So I would questimate that a +13 would go for at least 3-4 GCPs. I could be wrong though.
    Damn, if you're right, then I was getting low-balled by 3 people all offering 1 chaos. Some dude offered me 1 chaos and a rare 2hander for +19 Temporal Chains. I know I'm new to the trading scene, but shit, I'm not that stupid lol