Quote Originally Posted by Majad View Post
    You know, I'm still jelly...
    <3

I found this earlier as well I don't know what's It worth though friend told me like 3 GCP's

Lol look it the max damage on that haha

I'm still a little unsure if I'm going the right way about my gear choices.

I'm playing as a Shadow with bow, using split arrow+cold, fire trap, poison arrow and puncture.

I'm not extremely fond of evasion as a defensive mechanism, I much prefer energy shield. So I've been using as many energy shield gear pieces as I can wear given the int requirements. However, I've been spending my passive skill points almost exclusively in the +dex side of my tree. So I'm afraid that sooner or later I won't have the needed int required to wear higher lvl energy shield gear.
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Quote Originally Posted by tangosmango View Post
    mmm, just because the art is dark and gritty, does NOT mean it's 'poor art.'

It is just depressing, act2 is the saddest experience in my life.

do you mean that the art and environment is sad feeling wise or sad as in pathetic? lol, kinda confused
    Hehe I know that dark and gritty doesn't mean it's poor art, take a look at Warhammer Online, for me it's great and dark, for others WAR is poor:P But I love baroque, that's important. I love Disciples art, it's amazing. POE has "minimalism" dark, I need Baroque dark fantasy art style, like Warhammer or Discilpes (sometimes Tera) or at least Gothic fantasy (Diablo II, dunno if D3 is like that too), the rest is dull for me. That's what I want! I wan't best gear to be sickly decorated, so I can easily see who is wealthy and "the best". This is why I felt bad while playing Act II, I even had to play D3 a little becasue of PoE's Act II Btw, I mean "sad feeling wise". Music of the Act II is the saddest and dulliest music ingame I have ever heared. Act I songs, especially city music, was great.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    I personally feel that Act I is depressing. Act II and III are glorious. Especially Act III surprised me beyond reason, since I hadn't watched any spoilers. A3 is really welldesigned. So far, anyways. Less of a feeling that we're just randomly running around in a forest or on beaches.
    For me Act I was great:P Dunno about Act III, havn't been there. Hopefully it is like Fencers has presented it

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    Act III is Path of Exile at it's most Diablo 2-ness. Especially the final area, Lunaris Temple, where you fight Piety. Which looks like the Durance of Hate.

Diablo 2, Durance of Hate:

Path of Exile, Lunaris Temple:

Love the sound design in Lunaris Temple too. The creepy music, the ominous groans, the screaming / wailing of tortured souls in the background. The drip and slosh of blood.

Intense stuff. That's how it felt going in to Hell or leaving Pandemonium in Diablo.

I really enjoy the darkness and claustrophobia of Act 2 in Path of Exile. It has elements of Diablo 2's third, fourth and fifth acts; dank jungles, ruined catacombs and underground passages beneath the earth.

This game is spectacular in the same atmosphere of the original Diablo games! *

* Honestly, if I could still see Diablo 2 clearly I would play it all day long every day till I die. Probably my favorite game ever.
    Me too!! D2 forever! Hopefully I will get to the Act III fast, but still I will have to deal with that Act II on next chars and higher difficulties D2's Act III was dark, it was a sick jungle with ton's of mercilles and abberrant fetsishes and that trees. It had that daemonic forest atmosphere, which I love. And here is another fact, why PoE is poor for me: Act II feels like going back in time +100k years and fight cavemens...not for me, never.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-07 at 04:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    And here is another fact, why PoE is poor for me: Act II feels like going back in time +100k years and fight cavemens...not for me, never.
    Let me the this right, if the mobs had been other than half naked jungle type men you would be fine with it?

And not all of Act 2 is jungle, to be fair I spend very little time in those parts my self while leveling as I hate the poo flinging monkeys with a passion.
    Active PoE: @MajorAsshole EvE: Redblade (Reikoku)
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    Let me the this right, if the mobs had been other than half naked jungle type men you would be fine with it?

And not all of Act 2 is jungle, to be fair I spend very little time in those parts my self while leveling as I hate the poo flinging monkeys with a passion.
    If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, beyond me and very infantile and uncreative. But for each to their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P

If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, very infantile and uncreative. But for each of their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P
    Fair enough, I shall just take in to consideration that you are very specific in your needs as a player.
    Inactive D3: Armory Rift: Alyssaa @ Icewatch SWTOR: Redblade @ ToFN WoW: My graveyard of characters.
    People just do the strangest things when they believe they're entitled. But they do even stranger things when they just plain believe. - Kevin Smith

If the mobs have been other than half naked jungle type men, I wouldn't be fine with it, because there are still those monkeys trowing poo or stones. This is, at least for me, beyond me and very infantile and uncreative. But for each to their own, one may say the same about my Baroque dark fantasy:P
    You are just searching really Looking to find things that don't agree with you. Which is fine. You don't have to like it. Monkeys throwing objects, so infantile, would never happen in real life :P

Fair enough, I shall just take in to consideration that you are very specific in your needs as a player.
    Sadly, that's true.

Quote Originally Posted by Vespian View Post
    You are just searching really Looking to find things that don't agree with you. Which is fine. You don't have to like it. Monkeys throwing objects, so infantile, would never happen in real life :P
    Yes, I am searching bad's of this game:P There must be smth I don't like! Some booring motives like monkeys throwing the rocks happens irl, PoE is "realistic" game, it's ok, but ehh, I need daemons, undeads, all this shit running at me, fetishes using darts and spears and so on:P Not apes and if apes, they should be 'used' by those fatishes somehow:P I liked those Act 1 tentacles and undeads, thats was cool. Oh well, Chris Metzen can satisfy me:P

Oh well, Chris Metzen can satisfy me:P
    Naughty...

Naughty...
    That's a mental image i did not want!
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: Warlords of Draenor | Diablo 3 | Hex TCG | Heroes of the Storm
    Steam

Naughty...
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    That's a mental image i did not want!
    Lol I knew it will be like that:P I am almost asexual so he can "satisfy me" mentally in terms of game's atmosphere and lore:P No other way:P Hah, naughty naughty, btw, Chris's look is great, he is the type of dad I have always wanted tbh.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-07 at 06:00 PM.

Hah, naughty naughty, btw, Chris's look is great, he is the type of dad I have always wanted tbh.
    Not helping things here...

Act II feels like going back in time +100k years and fight cavemens...not for me, never.
    The act II areas in POE are supposed to be, erm, "wild" for lack of a better term. The barbarian tribes of Wraeclast partially overthrew the once decadent empire of Sarn. It was tribes like the Karui that survived the empire's "fall". The loose tribes that make up Act II are assorted wildmen/bandits and beasts that have retaken the dank interior of Wraeclast vis-a-vis the ghoulish cannibals of the southern coasts [where exiles are dumped] and the aberrations of the northern hills where the Empire of Sarn lays in ruin.

You sorta are going "back in time" in act II of POE. Its the island at it's dark, primitive heart.

Just providing some lore/game context why it is so in Act II of Path of Exile. Whether you like it or not is of no relevance to me. Not interested in changing minds.

Not helping things here...
    Daaaamn I knew:P Whole atmosphere is now like "whatever you say, we see the bed and you both" heh:P Ok, tell me your bank account, I will send you money and pay for an luxury girl so those ideas of "common time with male" will fade:P

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    The act II areas in POE are supposed to be, erm, "wild" for lack of a better term. The barbarian tribes of Wraeclast partially overthrew the once decadent empire of Sarn. It was tribes like the Karui that survived the empire's "fall". The loose tribes that make up Act II are assorted wildmen/bandits and beasts that have retaken the dank interior of Wraeclast vis-a-vis the ghoulish cannibals of the southern coasts [where exiles are dumped] and the aberrations of the northern hills where the Empire of Sarn lays in ruin.

You sorta are going "back in time" in act II of POE. Its the island at it's dark, primitive heart.

Just providing some lore/game context why it is so in Act II of Path of Exile. Whether you like it or not is of no relevance to me. Not interested in changing minds.
    I see, thx for the lore info. Not like it There must be a glory, dark magic and dark gods or it's booring Thanks to what You have wrote, now I see Act II as an fallen Aztec empire. Jesus, no Give us at least one daemon, please:P
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-02-07 at 06:32 PM.

So I got like the worse map EVER check it out my entire crew made fun of me for making a bad map xD

I dont mean to be rude but clearly Im better than most of you at this game, and I havent even started playing it yet.
    I wash my hands until the water burns

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    So I got like the worse map EVER check it out my entire crew made fun of me for making a bad map xD
    Oh hell, no. Would not even bother with that map.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-07 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8p8kqjy.png[img]
    I laughed a lot when you showed it to me. Rofl

Makes me giggle every time.

Quote Originally Posted by Seani View Post
    I dont mean to be rude but clearly Im better than most of you at this game, and I havent even started playing it yet.
    I fail to see how this is relevant to the discussion at all.

"I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

use an orb of scouring on that map, rofl! that map is begging for xp loss.