Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    Update on my 6 socket I'm at 112th fusions right now could be more if I trade in my GCP's haha
    Found the thread if you are bored and want a read '1200 fusings and no 6 link'.

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/58142/page/1

just re read moosifers coment...over 2k orbs :S...hope you have better luck

And Slaughty8 banned....who didn't see that one coming
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-11 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/vie...d/58142/page/1

And Slaughty8 banned....who didn't see that one coming
    Lag like you just crushed my dreams like I'm ma go drown myself now

<.<

---------- Post added 2013-02-11 at 10:42 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lysah View Post
    No it sucks people won't even sell me all the uniques I want at prices I can afford.
    Because people like to gouge :P pretty hardcore haha

Quote Originally Posted by Lagwin View Post
    Oh god, that sounds seriously painful.
    Moderator of Professions | General Discussion | Diablo 3 | Guild Wars 2
    Please take the time to read the Forum Guidelines & Sig Guidelines

Currently playing: No MMOs | Diablo 3 | LoL | Hex TCG | Hearthstone
    Steam | Twitter

Pretty much how I feel. I was skeptical at first, but after enough people begged me to try it and said it was D2.5, I gave it a shot and agree. Not everyone liked D2, in fact, probably more current D3 buyers would prefer D3 to D2. But for those of us who really weren't kidding when they said that D3 was not a proper successor to D2, PoE fills a great spot in our hearts.

As far as being free to play goes, PoE is amazing. I'm simply amazed that they didn't cater to the lowest common denominator when making the game. They virtually guaranteed that they weren't making a cash cow with the way the game is designed, and they were okay with that. It's not every day you see a group of kids who prefer making the game they want rather than the game everyone else wants, you have to respect that, imo.
    Hehe. I am actually in the process of downloading Diablo 2 all over again. Can't resist, I love it. Maybe my favorite game. Maybe.

Path of Exile is partially what is promoting this urge for D2 again. I am having such a blast playing my own characters and my husband's characters in POE. Trying out all kinds of crazy combinations, slowly working on HC progress, etc.

Just tons of of fun. I doubt actual long time [consistent decade+ players] fans of Diablo 2 are or would be disappointed in the very specific game systems of Path of Exile.

I guess I have owned about 4 or 5 6L pieces in POE all told.

Though I will say, once I had them I never felt it was quite as "worth it" as I thought.

Could be the skills and builds I tend toward in serious play. But sorta "meh" bonus for having a 6L. Except my Flicker Strike Marauder- where the 6L allowed Flicker Strikes of almost 30k. This was back before there was even an Act 2 boss. When Flicker Strike had no cooldown and seemingly infinite range. Huehuehue.
    Last edited by Fencers; 2013-02-11 at 10:50 PM.

One of the devs made a remark about if they added an orb that cost 1500 fusings for a guaranteed 6 linked in one of those threads and tbh i wouldn't mind seeing one like that...my luck sucks and i would likely end up paying that or more to do it the normal way.
    It received a lot of negative feed back though...a lot of them though that would make it to easy but it wouldn't really...most people would get it before 1500 some even in one or 2 fusings...going for the guaranteed orb would require more time in general just for the peace of mind that you will get it.

I would never pay 1500 orbs for a guaranteed link. Surely you can get it before then.....surely....? =/
    Win and live. Lose and die.
    Rule of life. No change rule.
    Running worse than losing.
    Random casual stuff now

I would never pay 1500 orbs for a guaranteed link. Surely you can get it before then.....surely....? =/
    I'm thinking of setting it to a 5L haha after reading the thread

You would hope...the one that realy would kill me is if you have stacks of fusings and after a few hundred you've picked up pace and doing it pretty much on auto pilot...only to get the 6 linked and by the time your brain registers you've automatically applied another fusing

Mind you...there's nothing to say you couldn't just do it the normal way...just adding the option to do it the other way
    Last edited by Lagwin; 2013-02-11 at 11:53 PM.

Have to remember to stop reading comment sections. A lot of people in there getting defensive over that article.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    "Ranger passive tree" doesn't really mean anything. Are you asking for a Ranger bow, two-hand melee, 1h/shield melee or caster build? Elemental bow or physical bow? Melee elemental or physical?

I don't know what you are asking for. >.>
    Oh right, i meant for ranger bow, i was thinking of elemental bow, but then i said meeh and i'll stick to physical bow. Also, which gems should i pick up, currently i have Lighting Arrow, Rain of Arrows, Puncture, Poison and lastly Split Arrow.

Which is would you recommend? Elemental or Physical?

Quote Originally Posted by Exroyal View Post
    Oh right, i meant for ranger bow, i was thinking of elemental bow, but then i said meeh and i'll stick to physical bow. Also, which gems should i pick up, currently i have Lighting Arrow, Rain of Arrows, Puncture, Poison and lastly Split Arrow.

Which is would you recommend? Elemental or Physical?
    Elemental damage is pretty nice, but physical works fine too.

Elemental bow by the current #1 ranked player and previous winner of the hardcore races, Nugiyen. Link.

Probably the best balance build for a Ranger. Shadow would do more damage, Templar would be more sustainable and tanky earlier.

Nugi's build splits the difference.

Frenzy for single target, Lighting Arrow for aoe.

best unique in the game

In between levelling my Summoner and Marauder, I have been thinking about a more 'faster gameplay' character.
    Something with a lot of attackspeed. I have been reading about Invalesco's shadow build, but was more thinking about a bow-using character.

My questions:
    - Is it 'viable' to concentrate mostly on attack-speed?
    - Which other stats should I be looking for (except for defense), when I'm going for attack speed?
    - Does anyone have any tips/builds from which I can draw inspiration? I found one guide, called Frenzy Princess and a general information thread (http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/69224) on the path of exile forums, but I thought I'd ask here too, as more opinions are always nice

Thanks a lot for your time!

Edit: additionally, yesterday I managed to get to the gemling-queen on act3 merciless. According to the wiki, this should now give me a portal to the laboratory for maps...however, no portal appeared. Is there some other requirement that's not noted anywhere? (I did get the spool for her, but didn't collect the items in the sewers yet, nor did I kill the general)
    Last edited by Waervyn; 2013-02-12 at 03:05 PM.

Elemental bow by the current #1 ranked player and previous winner of the hardcore races, Nugiyen. Link.

Probably the best balance build for a Ranger. Shadow would do more damage, Templar would be more sustainable and tanky earlier.

Thank you fenc.

Why is he not using extra Frenzy charges, I don't get that.
    I'm sure he hot frenzy charge as a reward from merciless bandits, and he' so close to those 2 frenzy nodes.

Level 81 took a god dam day well it didn't help I died to Dysync TWO times -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Diocassius View Post
    Why is he not using extra Frenzy charges, I don't get that.
    I'm sure he hot frenzy charge as a reward from merciless bandits, and he' so close to those 2 frenzy nodes.
    Extra frenzy charges are not really that good. If I remember correctly, 1 charge is only 4% bonus attack speed. Not worth it to spend points to get more, except maybe if you're melee and you have 4% bonus evasion per charge as well
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...

Quote Originally Posted by Enkidulgaa View Post
    Extra frenzy charges are not really that good. If I remember correctly, 1 charge is only 4% bonus attack speed. Not worth it to spend points to get more, except maybe if you're melee and you have 4% bonus evasion per charge as well
    4%? That a joke haha mines 17% per stack the 20% Quality adds another 4 why do you think my DPS is so god dam high because I have 7 charges + Super high level on the gem

5 is when it gets ridiculous and the extra IAS from gear itself and the bow makes it godly.

Example all though my DPS is actually 11.9k atm this is what happens if I ever choose to 6L it which is probably never due to reading that thread THANKS A LOT OF LAG

My AoE which is Split arrow and Rain of arrows are 6.5k now say if the person isn't a core frenzy build and isn't building around IAS as top priority to link it with the frenzies then yeah It f'ing sucks
    Last edited by N-aix; 2013-02-12 at 04:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I-NO View Post
    My AoE which is Split arrow and Rain of arrows are 6.5k now say if the person isn't a core frenzy build and isn't building around IAS as top priority to link it with the frenzies then yeah It f'ing sucks
    Well yeah, we were talking about a LA elemental ranger,
    Quote Originally Posted by icylock View Post
    Gamon spends more time of his knees and back than haris pilton...